THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

I guess I will never understand

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 09:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't tell people ****. **** em. I'll help anyone with THEIR ****, but they don't need to know about mine. I have screwed up in the past and told everyone all the details and it always bites me in the ***.

I race, that's my hobby. I like being good at it, so why am I gonna tell people how I got good at it???? So they can be as good at it, or if they have more money....better at it than me lol.....I understand if your hobby is just having cool cars and trucks, then it don't matter. I'm tired of telling the slow guys how to get fast, only to have them buy the same **** as mine but better and then act they they are the man. When I told them what to buy, I tuned it, and I got it down the track in one piece when they were eating parts at 500 ft before. Then they walk around talking about how bad *** they are..... **** that....EARN IT BITCHES
Old 02-16-2012, 11:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Red Truck
I don't tell people ****. **** em. I'll help anyone with THEIR ****, but they don't need to know about mine. I have screwed up in the past and told everyone all the details and it always bites me in the ***.

I race, that's my hobby. I like being good at it, so why am I gonna tell people how I got good at it???? So they can be as good at it, or if they have more money....better at it than me lol.....I understand if your hobby is just having cool cars and trucks, then it don't matter. I'm tired of telling the slow guys how to get fast, only to have them buy the same **** as mine but better and then act they they are the man. When I told them what to buy, I tuned it, and I got it down the track in one piece when they were eating parts at 500 ft before. Then they walk around talking about how bad *** they are..... **** that....EARN IT BITCHES
Old 02-16-2012, 11:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

This guy is why my **** is fast. Like I said, find the guys that are already fast and talk to them. Most of them won't outright tell you exactly what to do but will give you ideas to think about and research some more. Point you in the right direction. Don't get on the internet and try to copy something someone typed on here.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:45 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ak2007r6
Old 02-16-2012, 12:07 PM
TECH Addict

I just tell people I have an old boat motor when they start asking questions. My malibu wagon had a gm crate motor out of a boat, so it was kinda true They usually just said "cool" and walked away. Not because I am a dick or anything else, just that 90% of people don't understand anything your telling them any way. It is just simpler. If someone actually knows something about motors, I will tell them what it really is.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
Wow, do you really get bombarded with questions about your setup? I might get asked one or two times a month about mine. I guess my junk is just boring.
For the most part its locals around here. It begins with a question, but they only ask so they can get me talking and then tell me how I should have done it. We must have a lot of cocky ***** around here... You'd be amazed how many people have 2 cents to add, ALL THE TIME. It gets the anger sharks swimming.

Then there's the guys who drive cobras who change their story about their mods every week. lol
Old 02-16-2012, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

HaHa, I lol'd.........
I understand exactly where you are coming from for sure. My old setup was simple and easy, and now I am researching different ways to make a little more power. I really don't want to copy anyone else, but there are only so many leaf spring trucks with cal tracs, and cam only 5.3's and patriot stage II heads and stuff. I just look at what everyone is accomplishing with parts before wasting my money on something I don't need or that will not work with what I am trying to accomplish. I do not want to be the fastest or try to race someone who is helping me, and damn sure don't think I am a bad *** for putting a pile of bolts together and making a 10 sec pass. I like to drive my truck, my first build was intended for the normal vette and fbody owners with exhaust and a attitude...... knock them down a notch or two haha. Now I wanna play a little harder cause the game has stepped up, there are tons of nitrous cars and big CI cars running around and my poor 11 sec ext cab wasn't cutting it. So I have in mind what I want to do, and many people have long since accomplished my end goal, even years ago my expectations were surpassed. I don't wanna know how big the motor is or what you run or if you used arp bolts in your sway bar end links or whatever...... I just read a half doezen N/A builds and some of these guys act like a duration number or a lift number is going to give away every secret there is.........

a 23x/24x cam has 40 different combinations to match what the op post....... you think a person will buy 40 different cams........then on top of that, the motor the OP has isn't a 5.3 its bigger...... maybe a 6.0 maybe a 370....... his cam size won't work for my little motor anyway. I was posting to say its funny cause its not like a X is hiding much when it comes to an engine builder giving you spec's on a cam for your particular set up.

As said before, I understand the grudge racing aspect and if you read, I also said I understand guys that are running some awesome low 10's or single digit passes and breaking records or whatever, but a 12 sec truck and the cam specs are a big secret..... I went faster with a bone stock motor with ls6 springs on 10 psi, but I am not the only one who has done that, so I am def not a bad *** for running those numbers. Anyone's grandmothers, cousins, uncles, brother could do the same thing....... Doesn't matter, there is always someone faster and has more money, I chose to build mine on a budget and do my research. So if I see something interesting I pm the member anyway.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Is a 23X/24X 59X/61X on a 110 bigger than a tree-quota' cam ? I need to know cause a box chevy with a big ***** thump'r wants to race me.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ak2007r6
Lmao.... Not trying to be a bad *** by any means, just sucks when I pull into a cruise spot and one of two things happen....I tell em what's done to it, I get no races.....or I play dumb about what's done to it, win some races......the if I try to play nice after winning said races and tell em what's done to it, few weekends later some puke stain gets his taxes and bought all "stage 13" **** cause he heard I had stage 3 **** hahahaha and then he outruns me and runs all over town telling everyone about it. But calls me three nights a week asking what he should do lol
Old 02-16-2012, 09:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Lmao.... Not trying to be a bad *** by any means, just sucks when I pull into a cruise spot and one of two things happen....I tell em what's done to it, I get no races.....or I play dumb about what's done to it, win some races......the if I try to play nice after winning said races and tell em what's done to it, few weekends later some puke stain gets his taxes and bought all "stage 13" **** cause he heard I had stage 3 **** hahahaha and then he outruns me and runs all over town telling everyone about it. But calls me three nights a week asking what he should do lol
LOL I just like poking fun but I could see in that situation that it would get old.

Quick Reply: I guess I will never understand