THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

If I didn't have bad luck, I would have any luck

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 06:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Redline-'59
sweet...Action is a good shop. and yes they are allowed to use aftermarket and USED parts on any vehicle up until a certain year. it's one of those things if you don't ask you won't receive. how do you think salvage yards stay in business when all of their inventory is '01 and newer. it's disgusting.

10k in damage?...pics look soft..but when you start gettin in there it starts adding up quick!!! **** did he slam her hard or what?...good for you(?) in a good way that is...

those hits make nice new/used car buys

Tim
I was at work when it happened. I get a call from the wife, ans she said, "we've been in a wreck....................................and it's bad." So I got in my Saturn and well let's say I pushed the car to its bitter limits trying to get there. It is normally a 17 mile drive from Quonset to Cranston and I swear I made it in 10 minutes. It was the longest 10 minutes of my life knowing my 23 month old was in the back seat.

And yes he did hit her pretty hard but not half as hard as I wanted to hit him!

BTW, the speed limiter on a 96 Saturn SL1 sedan is 105 mph.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:01 PM
TECH Addict

The truck is totalled. The insurance company only wants to give me $4700 for it. The thing was in perfect condition. Not happy.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

fight it. ask them how they came up with that figure. get your own figures for retail from Kelly Blue Book and NADA. also try to find some similar trucks for sale at local lots, if you can find one as the dealer to right up a quote on the vehicle including tax, THAT is the true replacement value of the vehicle (you don't have to buy it, just prove it's value) - insurance is required to make you whole again, which in this case will be the cost of an identical replacement at market value including expenses such as tax. You don't have to take their offer. how is your wife and child? any injuries?? remind the adjuster that your wife was "feeling a little stiff" this morning... (I in NO WAY want to encourage frivolous lawsuits - but leverage to get WHAT IS RIGHT is your RIGHT.)
Old 03-10-2008, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nick™
fight it. ask them how they came up with that figure. get your own figures for retail from Kelly Blue Book and NADA. also try to find some similar trucks for sale at local lots, if you can find one as the dealer to right up a quote on the vehicle including tax, THAT is the true replacement value of the vehicle (you don't have to buy it, just prove it's value) - insurance is required to make you whole again, which in this case will be the cost of an identical replacement at market value including expenses such as tax. You don't have to take their offer. how is your wife and child? any injuries?? remind the adjuster that your wife was "feeling a little stiff" this morning... (I in NO WAY want to encourage frivolous lawsuits - but leverage to get WHAT IS RIGHT is your RIGHT.)
Sorry to hear that man, as stated, all that matters is that your family is ok.

Unfortunately, everything that Nick stated, with regard to the insurance companies "responsibilities" is 100% false. I HATE that I can say this, but wife is a claim adjuster (the one that assigns a value to your situation) and they are in no way "required to make you whole again". Unfortunately, there is no LAW mandating the ins. company to pay a minimum amount. I have this argument with her all the time. For example, she got a claim a few weeks ago where a lady was rear-ended, hard...real hard, by a driver that my wifes company insures. Obviously, it was not her fault (the lady that got hit), however, her car was totalled. She was literally driving home from the dealership when she got hit, THE ASTON MARTIN dealership. Her $90K was reduced to scrap, and they paid her 60K to replace it.

Take the $4700, and save yourself the agrivation, because, from what my wife tells me, its not going to get much better.

I REALLY hope that I am wrong...Good luck.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:49 PM
TECH Addict

it has been too many years ago so I am not sure of the exact amount anymore. but I had a 73 Vette in the very early 90's that have very, very low miles, engine and suspension completely gone through, I got rear ended which pushed me into the car in front of me and totaled my car. the other peoples insurance company offered my X amount of money, I got all me receipts together and did my home work of what other Vettes in the same condition were selling for and they increased the amount by 7,000.00 dollars
Mark
Old 03-11-2008, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats a good sign...
Old 03-12-2008, 12:10 PM
TECH Addict

I have sent the insurance adjuster reciepts of recent work done. About $1000 in parts, and i do all my own work so no labor charges. We bought a new truck this weekend and the body shop is not charging us for storage. This means the insurance company has no leverage on us to hurry up. I can tell they want to get the truck. The adjuster asked for the pink slip and my wife said not until you settle with me. By the end of their conversation, the adjuster was asking my wife how much we wanted for the truck. My wife told her that she needed to talk with me first. The next day we gave her a price of $6800. She said she will see what she can do. I think the ball is in our court. The adjuster is currently working on our case. We will see.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:16 PM
TECH Addict

Oh, and in the conversation my wife told the adjuster that she called the department of business regulation. The adjuster did not like to hear this. Basically, my wife stated that we have never had to go through something ike this, and we want to make sure that we are getting treated fairly. My wife told the adjuster that she realizes that the truck was not worth a million dollars, but we want to be compesated fairly so we can get a truck of comparable condition, safety, and dependablilty. After all, this was our family vehicle and it was well maintained so my wife and daughter would not be stranded on the side of the road. My wife and I don't give up easily and will not take NO for an answer.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

well i hope it all works out for ya, insurance companies are such a pain in the ***. somebody hit my truck while i was gone for a month, they tagged the bed and the ext. cab portion. my ins. company is tryin to get out cheap. best of luck to ya
Old 03-18-2008, 12:11 PM
TECH Addict

$5200

That is all.

Quick Reply: If I didn't have bad luck, I would have any luck