THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Ill never buy another Optima battery!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ill never buy another Optima battery!

Now Im stuck with a pretty new Optima junk battery. First one took a **** about 1 1/2 years after I bought it. Advance auto gave me a new one but said the warrenty would be from original date of purchase. So I went in last night and in the computer is the date I did the exchange so they looked for original and its beyond the 3 year. This sucks, bullshit garbage batteries have lasted me much longer. This battery has a date on top of 5/10 so not even 2 years old!
Old 10-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

That's not good, I know Optimas had their problems a few years back but figured they had fixed the problem. FWIW you may look at getting a battery with a prorated warranty as well, because at most places, any time you pay money towards the prorated warranty, the period restarts for a new 72/84 mo warranty.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:03 PM
The House is Rockin'

Originally Posted by phasemaster1
Now Im stuck with a pretty new Optima junk battery. First one took a **** about 1 1/2 years after I bought it. Advance auto gave me a new one but said the warrenty would be from original date of purchase. So I went in last night and in the computer is the date I did the exchange so they looked for original and its beyond the 3 year. This sucks, bullshit garbage batteries have lasted me much longer. This battery has a date on top of 5/10 so not even 2 years old!

that sucks, too bad you dont know anybody behind the counter. they could have taken care of you. i had a battery that was 5 months out of the 3 year warranty, and they hooked me up no charge.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what color was it, iv had my yellow top about 4 years with no problems, used to be in my jeep with a winch and i still run it down all the time using the radio all day, no problems with mine
Old 10-02-2011, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
That's not good, I know Optimas had their problems a few years back but figured they had fixed the problem. FWIW you may look at getting a battery with a prorated warranty as well, because at most places, any time you pay money towards the prorated warranty, the period restarts for a new 72/84 mo warranty.
Thanks will check that out.
Originally Posted by BLUES MAN
that sucks, too bad you dont know anybody behind the counter. they could have taken care of you. i had a battery that was 5 months out of the 3 year warranty, and they hooked me up no charge.
I didnt turn it in have it at home looks brand new trying to figure something out. They will take it back just need to find the right person.
Originally Posted by 14psisupra
what color was it, iv had my yellow top about 4 years with no problems, used to be in my jeep with a winch and i still run it down all the time using the radio all day, no problems with mine
Red top
Old 10-02-2011, 09:15 PM
TECH Resident

That sucks! For the money, they should last 10 years!
Old 10-02-2011, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have gone through 2 yellow tops within a year and a half yea it sucks ,im buying a delco next time
Old 10-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Most reputable resellers will usually offer to refund the purchase price in lieu of a warranty exchange, so if you guys are having problems you may try that.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

when mine first went out they replaced it with a new one free....no difference i cant leave the radio on not even to wash the truck...i have to jump it...sucks...
Old 10-02-2011, 09:33 PM
Launching!

I went through two yellow tops and a red top in 2 years, on a stock truck. I've been rockin the same die hard platinum for 2 years without a problem. Not to mention the warranty is a heck of a lot better.

Quick Reply: Ill never buy another Optima battery!