THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

I'm bored with my car...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 12:26 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by budhayes3
LOL, I was wondering WTF a third gen "Candian" was
Old 08-08-2011, 12:28 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^^^
Old 08-08-2011, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jason's 07' CTSV is for sale. With or without the LS3 418 stroker. He's around mid to low 20's with the LS2 low 30's with the 418.

You could always buy my truck. I'd give you a extra good price, then you have a truck to haul your dirtbike out to the desert with us this season
Old 08-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Need More N2O Mod

Get another diesel. You spend most of your time on a boat anyway lol
Old 08-08-2011, 08:49 PM
TECH Addict

Buy a vw bettle are fit in your hood!! Lol jk mang dmax!
Old 08-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

If your bored of the car simple solution is to drive the truck more.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dmax seems reasonable if you're going to be buying one anyways. I've read about 19 and 20 mpgs and upwards on here so with any luck you could manage that.

I was also confused about third gen canadians... Thought it was a joke way over my head at first
Old 08-09-2011, 01:05 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by blue2003ls
I’ve been keeping an eye out for a Pontiac G8 GT. They drive really nice, have plenty of power and decent MPG. I would say the fit and finish is just slightly shy of the CTS-v but they are a lot of fun to drive.
I fell in love with the G8 when it came out actually, wanted a GXP. And now that you've mentioned it, it's made me realize that any GM vehicle will be too tempting to mod...

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
You want to tow a trailer with a C6..............................?
Yup...
I understand it's taboo and redneck but to me, a car is a means to have fun and enjoy myself with. I could care less what people think, hence why I bought a "cute" golf last year. I wouldn't let owning a corvette stop me from heading out to the desert to go dirtbike riding simply because someone would think me redneck for putting a hitch on it.

Originally Posted by SLOXCAB
Jasons ctsv is for sale
Originally Posted by Dezert1500
Jason's 07' CTSV is for sale. With or without the LS3 418 stroker. He's around mid to low 20's with the LS2 low 30's with the 418.

Yeah, saw that last night on Craigslist! But I don't want anything modded, needs to be reliable and I need to know that if I beat on it, it's gonna hold together. And he's also selling it for more than I'm willing to spend.

Originally Posted by Dezert1500
You could always buy my truck. I'd give you a extra good price, then you have a truck to haul your dirtbike out to the desert with us this season
Thanks dude, I'll think on your and Pat's offer. But whatever I get, be it a Fiat 500 or a Kodiak...I'll still be out there with you guys this season. Been thinking about it alot lately! I was thinking about buying a toy hauler but I need a tow rig first.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:28 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
A third gen Camaro so you will finally have an excuse to grow that sweet mullet you've always wanted
Ehhh...no thanks. 2nd and 3rd gen camaro's are not my favorites. And you were supposed to keep that information to yourself, there's a reason why it's called pillow talk.

Originally Posted by EVILGMC
ill trade you for my truck jules
With you and Matt's offer I'm kinda in a pickle.
Let me think about it.

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
If your bored of the car simple solution is to drive the truck more.

I would but it's unregistered because I can't get it smogged. I used to know a few people that could help me get it smogged but they are now out of business for various reasons. And until I get it smogged it's also uninsured.
The few times I've taken it out on the streets with it being uninsured and w/ out-of-date tags I've been so nervous about cops and other motorists that it hasn't been much fun. When I do get it sorted out it I will split the DD'ing duties between the truck and whatever I get.

Originally Posted by pewterliftedz
A modded Dmax would be a sweet DD since your going to need 1 anyways. You might be able to get 20 mpg out of it haha. Just don't lift it and put 37s like chase and you should be alright lol.
Originally Posted by Nuclear Endless
Dmax seems reasonable if you're going to be buying one anyways. I've read about 19 and 20 mpgs and upwards on here so with any luck you could manage that.
I've been watching craig'slist for a while and been looking at what's out there. There's quite a few good looking truck out there between 10-20 grand. I'd also be one of the few who would drop it. Not so much that I couldn't still tow a 5th wheeler with it, so not slam it per say, but definitely drop it a good amount.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

if i can get my truck gone, i'll buy the wabbit

Quick Reply: I'm bored with my car...