THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

I'm getting my money out now!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 04:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm getting my money out now!

OK guys this came out today, have a listen to this:

Ann Barnhardt: The Entire Futures/Options Market Has Been Destroyed by the MF Global Collapse | James J Puplava CFP | FINANCIAL SENSE

I'm getting my money out of the market because fund managers are starting to steal money, knowing that the future is so bleak. Anne Barnhardt says we'll be lucky to make it through Christmas at this rate. Since the markets are in so much trouble, it'll be like a bunch of shoppers at Walmart fighting over $2 wafflemakers... with your money. Listen to the whole thing. We are in big trouble here.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:42 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

The market had a hell of a day yesterday..
Old 12-02-2011, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And the surprising thing is that the gains held/accelerated today! Oil closing above $100.00 a barrel on a friday is a biggie. If it takes a nose dive next week I would not be surprised.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:47 PM
TECH Addict

OP: Surely you jest. Surely you're smarter than this. I'll be checking back after Christmas on this thread.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:49 PM
TECH Addict

Since it's almost Christmas and I should be in the giving mood, I'll give you the key to financial knowledge and independence.

Bogleheads • Index page
Old 12-02-2011, 08:25 PM
TECH Resident

OP: Surely you jest. Surely you're smarter than this. I'll be checking back after Christmas on this thread.
All jesting aside, I think stories like this show how fragile the markets are becoming. I don't believe that the economy will crumble withing the year of course, but I'm getting out at any rate. The escalating turmoil in Europe definitely has me worried about potential cataclysmic effects here and it ain't getting better any time soon. Besides, I don't trust money men, and at least they'll be keeping their grubby hands off my eggs if the whole concoction goes sour.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:36 PM
TECH Addict

Sounds like you're buying high and selling low but that's your choice. If this whole concoction goes sour, the entire world's concoction will go with it and your eggs won't do much good unless those eggs are canned foods and ammo but I doubt that you have canned foods and ammo invested in the markets. Europe looks like sh*t because it is. However, I'd stay the course and keep putting money in because there are no better alternatives (don't say gold or precious metals). You won't make a killing in the short term but you'll be looking pretty in the long haul which I suspect is what you're investing for, unless you're in the over 55 or so range.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:29 PM
TECH Resident

Let's put it this way... I won't be hanging onto cash either. I'm lucky to have the ability to invest in something that will pay large dividends and though it will depreciate, it will at least be tangible and will earn money. It couldn't come at a better time, I think. If I didn't have this option, I guess I'd go with precious metals. lol.

As far as ammo and canned goods go, I'm not too worried there.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm staying in... mostly because I'm young and have a rather small portion of money in it at this point and I'll be able to recoup anything I lose rather quickly. Plus it's not my only retirement plan, it's more of an extra money after I retire account, as I'm part of a private "pension," for lack of a better term, with the company I work for, and not one that can be taken away either. I have the advantage being young though, because I can wait out even a major collapse, unfortunately not everyone has time on their side.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:00 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dmelvin
Plus it's not my only retirement plan, it's more of an extra money after I retire account, as I'm part of a private "pension," for lack of a better term, with the company I work for, and not one that can be taken away either.
Every pension can be taken away. Serious. It's nothing more than a promise. Private pensions are likely safer than public pensions at this point. Much safer.

Quick Reply: I'm getting my money out now!