THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

I'm PISSED! Good for nothing military so called doctors.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 02:17 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Snake Eater
Just over 2 months ago i tore or broke something in my sholder, and its just gotten worse. When i did it i went to the Navy hospital and they said i must have pulled something, maybe. The next 2 times i went, including this morning, they say i just need to rest it and take some aleve. Well I've eaten Aleve, Max strenght tylonal, and Motrin like candy for 2 months and it still hurts. I am alot weaker in that arm now and only have half the range of motion. I can't even scratch my back or *** with that arm.

It freakin hurts all the time, especialy if i try to use it. When i do go to use it i feel alot more pain, kinda like a burning sensation. WTF is up with these so called docs!

I'm no doctor, but if someone comes in saying they were lifting something and heard a loud snap, and now they can hardly use that arm I think i would at least ex-ray the damn thing. I even requested an ex-ray and was told there is no need.

When i rotate my damn arm it clicks and pops, and hurts like hell. I may just suck it up and pay out of my own pocket to go see a REAL doctor out in town. And if its something serious like a torn ligiment or broken something, i am going to go back and punch this fake *** doc right in the mouth.

Sorry for the rant, i just had to get that out. Anyone else who is or has been military knows what I'm talking about.
Sounds like you tore a rotator cuff or a supporting tendon. Been there -- I feel your pain!
Old 06-17-2005, 03:12 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

time to get out and get that monthly pension!

did they try to take your wisdom teeth? everytime i go into the air force dental office they always ask if ive had em removed....
Old 06-17-2005, 05:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02sierraz71_5.3
obgyn and hes operating on knees, how about that navy squeez i bet hes seen some fishy stuff

no no, my knee surgery was done by a orthoped or what ever, but my battalion doc was a obgyn. he was the one that i had to see every time my knee got swolen. that would be funny as **** a obgyn doing knee surgery. i would probably be crippled from it
Old 06-17-2005, 05:54 PM
11 Second Truck Club

yeah i know what's up, all they give you is motrin...
Old 06-17-2005, 06:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by onyx
time to get out and get that monthly pension!

did they try to take your wisdom teeth? everytime i go into the air force dental office they always ask if ive had em removed....
Every time i go to dental they want to yank them.LOL They keep saying there going to hurt one day, but they never do.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:56 PM
TECH Junkie

UPDATE! I went to the ER and I do have a pretty badly torn rotator cuff, along with a torn bicep muscle. Its bad enough my sholder can come in and out of socket by itself. So now i will get to see a real ortho tech and figure out if i need surgury or months of rehab. Either way its pretty F-ed up, but I'm getting somewhere.

I'm going to try and have Tri-Care pay for it too since i went through over 2 months of mis-diagnosis with the Navy wanna be docs.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
Sounds like you tore a rotator cuff or a supporting tendon. Been there -- I feel your pain!

been there 3X myself, due for #4 soon. if the rotator cuff is torn then all the rehab in the world will not help. after it is repaired then yes the rehab will help a great deal but depending on your age, the dr. skill, and how bad it is will determen the final out come. ( been fighting these for over 25 yrs. )
not trying to scare you into not doing it, but some people respond better than outhers, and the dr.s are a lot better then what they use to be.......

GOOD LUCK..

Old 06-17-2005, 11:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UPDATE! I went to the ER and I do have a pretty badly torn rotator cuff, along with a torn bicep muscle. Its bad enough my sholder can come in and out of socket by itself. So now i will get to see a real ortho tech and figure out if i need surgury or months of rehab. Either way its pretty F-ed up, but I'm getting somewhere.

I'm going to try and have Tri-Care pay for it too since i went through over 2 months of mis-diagnosis with the Navy wanna be docs.
sorry to hear that im typing with one hand now takes a long time but on the good side ive got some great legal drugs
the worst part was notdriving my truck for 3 days
Old 06-17-2005, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Glad you figured that one out!! But take it easy on the pain pills, they can really hurt your kidneys, dont want to take them everyday for to long.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:12 AM
Teching In

Every time i go to dental they want to yank them.LOL They keep saying there going to hurt one day, but they never do.
Don't let them do it.
Imagine this knee on chest, full body weight on said knee and pulling like a madwoman and unable to get it out. All a sudden snap it breaks off at the gum line. "Opps, well, we have a problem". We are going to have to schedual an operation. (I just love that"we have a problem" ) That's alot of we for her screw-up.

Well you get the jist. The best thing you can hope for in the navy is to be active duty at a TAR base far enough from any base with med so you can go to a civilian doctor or dentist.

Hey, at least they did not work on your shoulder. It could have been worse, they could have actually tried to do something.

Quick Reply: I'm PISSED! Good for nothing military so called doctors.