THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

iPhone 5, whos in ?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 12:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
I got one yesterday at about 300. It is all they said it would be. The LTE is fuking sick, as well as the picture resolution and sound. This is with out a doubt the best phone out there.
I want one!!!
Old 09-22-2012, 03:51 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I must give the 5 some credit it did handle the drop test well. All of my droids have been on the ground many of times and never once have I had a cracked screen. I think I have had 4. Not sure if the S3 is weaker or just had unlucky angles in the test. I work with 4 guys who have it so we will see if it get's ruined easily!

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
I got one yesterday at about 300. It is all they said it would be. The LTE is fuking sick, as well as the picture resolution and sound. This is with out a doubt the best phone out there.
Much opinion is in this statement and we all know that is an arguable point. What isn't arguable is that it doesn't do anything many other phones can't, and plenty of phones offer more features.

Like someone said this can easily turn into SC vs. TC or anything. I am trying to base my posts on more fact then opinion. If you want the iphone then get it, just know that you aren't driving a Ferrari vs. driving a Ford. You might be driving a Ferrari but the rest of us are driving a Lamborghini, both great and in slightly different ways.

Along with that my opinion is the iphone anything is so far behind the times, and why would I give up my removable storage, unlimited accesories(don't really use any but I like the options), free apps, easy to use/find music, and in most cases I have better battery life and certainly have much better battery life options.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:55 PM
TECH Addict

very funny video lol

Old 09-22-2012, 04:21 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

hahahah i actualy watched the whole thing and laughed out loud. Not hard not on the floor but I certainly chuckled! haha
Old 09-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Baltimore Whore

Your opinion would be very wrong based on alot of facts to say the least. I am not hugging on apples nuts, but I have had other phones before apple, this one is by far the best. It does everything better then my previous galaxy S ever did. You have a solid IOS that is essentially glitch free. Apps are virus free, there are 1000nds of free apps. It must be something because I have never in my life seen people camped out in front of stores waiting for the release of any other phone.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The galaxy s was 2 models ago. Now the galaxy s3 I think is much of a better phone. Overall android is more customizable than ios . Its like ford vs Chevy lol
Old 09-22-2012, 06:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

video was pretty good. just like the mac book wheel.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Charlie Murphy!

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

[youtube]FFhjDX-DUew[/youtube]

[youtube]zah59D7MCmw[/youtube]
Old 09-22-2012, 07:57 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by custm2500
I must give the 5 some credit it did handle the drop test well. All of my droids have been on the ground many of times and never once have I had a cracked screen. I think I have had 4. Not sure if the S3 is weaker or just had unlucky angles in the test. I work with 4 guys who have it so we will see if it get's ruined easily!

Much opinion is in this statement and we all know that is an arguable point. What isn't arguable is that it doesn't do anything many other phones can't, and plenty of phones offer more features.

Like someone said this can easily turn into SC vs. TC or anything. I am trying to base my posts on more fact then opinion. If you want the iphone then get it, just know that you aren't driving a Ferrari vs. driving a Ford. You might be driving a Ferrari but the rest of us are driving a Lamborghini, both great and in slightly different ways.

Along with that my opinion is the iphone anything is so far behind the times, and why would I give up my removable storage, unlimited accesories(don't really use any but I like the options), free apps, easy to use/find music, and in most cases I have better battery life and certainly have much better battery life options.
I don't believe John started this thread to compare the two, and speaking of opinion vs fact you just made a bunch of opinionated comments. Not Facts.

John- Should I change the title for you to Iphone vs Samsung? After all that is what it has turned into.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:57 PM
Charlie Murphy!

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I have an iPhone 5. I've also had android devices.

If anyone has any questions, mangled or I can probably answer them. Or, you can always google it. Lol

Quick Reply: iPhone 5, whos in ?????