THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

iPhone 5, whos in ?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 06:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

iPhone junkies.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:29 AM
Man Motor club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Screw Apple. Bunch of babies:

http://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/ne...tl=US&.lang=en
Old 09-23-2012, 08:48 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
I don't believe John started this thread to compare the two, and speaking of opinion vs fact you just made a bunch of opinionated comments. Not Facts.

John- Should I change the title for you to Iphone vs Samsung? After all that is what it has turned into.
I personally wasn't pitting two phones, just all the "good ones" vs. the bastard child(no opinion there!)

I was trying to trying to inform/push my opinion on those who are considering buying a new phone from 2010. Obviously I am out and recommend everyone else be too. Not many people will be disappointed with the iphone I don't think but I neither will they be with most of the droid options and I feel they have much much more to offer.

Don't we come to a forum for debate, information, and to help us spend our money the best way is suits us?
Old 09-23-2012, 10:23 AM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by custm2500
I personally wasn't pitting two phones, just all the "good ones" vs. the bastard child(no opinion there!)

I was trying to trying to inform/push my opinion on those who are considering buying a new phone from 2010. Obviously I am out and recommend everyone else be too. Not many people will be disappointed with the iphone I don't think but I neither will they be with most of the droid options and I feel they have much much more to offer.

Don't we come to a forum for debate, information, and to help us spend our money the best way is suits us?
No, we come to a forum to blow money without thought. John started this thread to swing on iphone nutz, not Samsung.... lol. Problem is so many people love to change the focus of the thread then next thing you know the topic has nothing to do with what the OP posted. This site has A.D.D so bad it is insane, I am guilty as well. Oh look a bird......

Anyway, looks like the one I ordered for my wife will be here tom. Not sure when Ill get mine, they were both ordered at the same time but mine is a 32 and hers is a 16g.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:28 AM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by rjwz28
It all started years back when one of Apple's chief designers went to Samsung and all of sudden their interfaces became similar. This lawsuit crap is getting ridiculous.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Squirl!
Old 09-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Charlie Murphy!

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by custm2500
Umm, no offense there dude, but yeah ya did. You totally came in here with a Samsung boner ragging on the iPhones. You've done nothing but imply how stupid iPhone owners are.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:33 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL @ Pat, yes I did pre order mine. I did not start this thread with intentions of this vs that. As a forum we all know that is what it turns into. In my OPINION the 5 rocks. Droid has totally turned me off due to frozen screens, kicked out of apps ect. i will likly not have another one. The apple maps, navigation on the new 5 is very very good, even uses the turn by turn directions, 3d maps. The phone in general feels solid, not like some plastic toy. The battery life exceeds the previous iPhones by a long shot, I would bet other phones on the market.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Man Motor club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Android is an Operating System; iPhone is a specific line of phones. To base an opinion of the Android OS (available in everything from a BS Boost or Virgin POS $50 phone all the way up to a quad-core superphone) off of experience with one or two (or even five) shitty phones running Android is not exactly fair. The only way to accurately make this comparison would be to have tried the best examples from Samsung, Motorola, HTC, vs the iPhone.

Objectively: the iPhone, as far as hardware is concerned, is (and has been) behind the curve. However, iOS makes the most of the lack of cutting-edge hardware. On the other side of the coin, Android is capable of more than iOS, however, this capability overtasks lesser hardware packages running the system when the phone can't keep up with the tasks being run by the user.

The iPhone is very good marketing and very good packaging that makes the very most of a cost-effective hardware package. The biggest shame of the iPhone is that the cost is not really justified by the hardware.

The top Android phones offer a lot more versitility and hardware; however, there are two major downsides: 1) the low-end phones dragging down the reputation of the OS when the users overtask the hardware, something the iOS doesn't allow the user to do; 2) the current race for screen size, resulting in the top hardware-packaged phones having impractically-gigantic, tablet-sized screens (my personal pet-peeve, and the reason I am simply refurbishing my 4" dual-core Atrix 4G for now and waiting for the screen race to chill)

Personally, I prefer the good Android-based phones to the iPhone (my wife loves her iPhone). I see no reason to wait in line for ANY phone, and to say that the people waiting in line for latest model must mean they're the best is ridiculous at best. Every iPhone other than maybe the first has been released after technologically superior phones from competitors have already hit the market. Also, have you never seen the hordes of idiots lining up to see Twilight???
Old 09-23-2012, 05:02 PM
Charlie Murphy!

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Here are some interesting facts.

How the iPhone 5 Has Affected the Smartphone Market [INFOGRAPHIC]

73% of people looking to buy a smartphone in the next 6 months are already smartphone owners

Current Android owners are 2.4x more likely to switch to an iPhone than vice versa

87% of current iPhone owners plan to buy a new iPhone in the next 6 months

Only 9% of current iPhone owners are considering a switch to Android

Name:  C3C3727F-BF8A-4A48-9C59-8076B08925D4-1816-00000138904D45A3_zps7e70b6aa.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  62.0 KB

Quick Reply: iPhone 5, whos in ?????