THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

iPhone 5, whos in ?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 11:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I just bought a Galaxy S3 last week. I dont like Apple. Just because I dont have to, and I dont. With that being said, It was a VERY hard choice between the iphone5 and the Samsung. So far the Samsung i great, but I know the iphone is smoother and glitch free, where every android device I have had has had minor hiccups here and there. Not enough to really hamper performance, but when you use something silky smooth, you notice

The Iphone is a great phone. I chose Samsung because I have a lot of other android devices and I like not being tied down.

Also, a major thing was I would have bought the 16GB iphone. I have already doubled my 16GB capacity in my samsung when I thought I wouldnt. If I didnt have removable memory, Id be screwed.

also battery life. It is WAY better than my Droid X2, but compared to Apple, I have to say apple seems to do better. My employee, wife and mom all have iphones and they are constantly on them. Games, music, internet etc, and I always lose juice before they do.

Bottom line is, get the phone that works for you. Hating on one or the other is just ******* stupid. I dont respect Apple as a company, by that doesnt change the fact that their devices are amazing.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:05 AM
Man Motor club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 06sierra5.3
Bottom line is, get the phone that works for you. Hating on one or the other is just ******* stupid. I dont respect Apple as a company, by that doesnt change the fact that their devices are amazing.
This. iOS is very well done, but the iPhone isn't for everybody.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by iregret
Umm, no offense there dude, but yeah ya did. You totally came in here with a Samsung boner ragging on the iPhones. You've done nothing but imply how stupid iPhone owners are.
I have a razr and prefer motorola over samsung. Others were talking about samsung and I used some of there examples such as a S3. I would take a low end Driod over any Iphone for many reasons. I never said an iphone owner is stupid, I feel they are buying hype and a name over looking at the specs of the devices. They can put a much more capable device in there pock that also has other benefits.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:22 PM
The House is Rockin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to say i like apple products.

When their jailbroken LMAO....
Old 09-24-2012, 03:17 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
That bad huh, how many times have you cracked it?
Originally Posted by ak2007r6
Odd. I have the S2 and it has made it's way across the room at full speed hitting a wall a few times and it's held up great...
enough that they won't insure it anymore. LOL (three times) In all fairness, my drops are outside on the pavement, screen first.

Originally Posted by BLUES MAN
I have to say i like apple products.

When their jailbroken LMAO....

This thread is STILL going?
Old 09-24-2012, 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was a blackberry fan boy till the iPhone cam out in 07 and I haven't looked back, I am on the 4S right now but when my upgrade comes around in November I will be in the 5. I am not geek enough to care about hardware this and hardware that, it does everything I need it to do flawlessly
Old 09-24-2012, 05:32 PM
Charlie Murphy!

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

The thing is, I am geek enough to care about the hardware and I still went with an iPhone. I've used them both. I'm tired of fuking with tweaks and settings. Yeah, I can customize it, but what do most is just surf on the Internet. I like how the iPhone does that. iOS is pretty freekin reliable, and yes I have jail broken every single iOS device I've owned.

I think NFC will be pretty cool. I also think apple is holding off until they can control the security aspect of it. If I had to guess, they'll implement passbook and get everyone used to that, afterwards they'll add NFC and fingerprint scanning to the iPhone to help insure security.

I also get tired of hearing that they made the screen bigger to compete with current devices. I personally didn't want a bigger screen. I think the iPhone 5 did it right though. The reason android did bigger screens is because they couldn't scale to a smaller one, only now it's a selling point. Lmao.

The other part I get tired of hearing is how Steve jobs wouldn't have let maps come out like this. He absolutely would have. He let the original iPhone release without messaging on an edge only network. Wtf? Taking on maps is a big deal. You get it to a point where it's usable and the rely on millions of users to improve the data.

The only difference is Steve would have painted a magical picture for everyone. Lol
Old 09-24-2012, 08:10 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rjwz28
Android is an Operating System; iPhone is a specific line of phones. To base an opinion of the Android OS (available in everything from a BS Boost or Virgin POS $50 phone all the way up to a quad-core superphone) off of experience with one or two (or even five) shitty phones running Android is not exactly fair. The only way to accurately make this comparison would be to have tried the best examples from Samsung, Motorola, HTC, vs the iPhone.

Objectively: the iPhone, as far as hardware is concerned, is (and has been) behind the curve. However, iOS makes the most of the lack of cutting-edge hardware. On the other side of the coin, Android is capable of more than iOS, however, this capability overtasks lesser hardware packages running the system when the phone can't keep up with the tasks being run by the user.

The iPhone is very good marketing and very good packaging that makes the very most of a cost-effective hardware package. The biggest shame of the iPhone is that the cost is not really justified by the hardware.

The top Android phones offer a lot more versitility and hardware; however, there are two major downsides: 1) the low-end phones dragging down the reputation of the OS when the users overtask the hardware, something the iOS doesn't allow the user to do; 2) the current race for screen size, resulting in the top hardware-packaged phones having impractically-gigantic, tablet-sized screens (my personal pet-peeve, and the reason I am simply refurbishing my 4" dual-core Atrix 4G for now and waiting for the screen race to chill)

Personally, I prefer the good Android-based phones to the iPhone (my wife loves her iPhone). I see no reason to wait in line for ANY phone, and to say that the people waiting in line for latest model must mean they're the best is ridiculous at best. Every iPhone other than maybe the first has been released after technologically superior phones from competitors have already hit the market. Also, have you never seen the hordes of idiots lining up to see Twilight???
This is a very well explained way to put it. 100% how I feel and the entire argument explained in my eyes.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:25 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by custm2500
I have a razr and prefer motorola over samsung. Others were talking about samsung and I used some of there examples such as a S3. I would take a low end Driod over any Iphone for many reasons. I never said an iphone owner is stupid, I feel they are buying hype and a name over looking at the specs of the devices. They can put a much more capable device in there pock that also has other benefits.
Whats the hype again? They are the current fastest phone on the market, based on some bench testing, and all. No hype. The next closest is the new galaxy, in turn for some speed, you give up a pocket, as it is a huge phone. The only other phone that offers a camera that is WAY better is Nokia's 41 meg pix phone that is not even offered in the US. The new 5 is a stout piece, any one that would say they are hype, hasn't read any factual info on them. siri is 5 times as good as S voice, much much smoother. This thread has turned into a pissing match over what is better. Droid fans are gonna stay with them, IOS fans are going to stay with that. Since friday over 5 million of these have been sold. I do not think that 5 million people switched to this over hype.

Oh here is the famed Samsung G 3 vs the i5, seems no hype, all that old stuff it is loaded with did exceptionally well. Again all preff, but test don't lie.

Last edited by Mangled03gmc; 09-25-2012 at 12:05 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:35 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nope. Contract isn't up till next year and I am pretty sold on the Androids. Wouldn't mind a Galaxy S3 but I will wait it out and see what they have in store for the S4 or hell maybe even S5 by the time my contract is up
Odd. I have the S2 and it has made it's way across the room at full speed hitting a wall a few times and it's held up great...

Hmmmmmmm......

Name:  36B8B659-157D-4552-849C-EFD559E71C76-890-00000187CC52FA38.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  228.5 KB

•Posted from my iPhone

Quick Reply: iPhone 5, whos in ?????