THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

IPS Motorsports turbo vette

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
Very nice!!!!

any videos?
The only track video has been posted in the thread already. We have a few Go-Pro vids but have not edited all the dead-time out of them yet.

My iPhone died 4-seconds into this Dyno-pull:

So the 14xx pull before it as the next-best thing:

Old 06-14-2012, 02:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That car is georgeous!!
Old 06-15-2012, 11:10 PM
11 Second Club

In person it looks perfect. Almost any car like this that you see you can walk around it and find at least 10 things where a corner was cut, but you can't find one on this one. Clear down to nuts and bolts are exactly like they should be, it really is a work of art. It looks like it is made to be a show car, not what it is. IPS has done an excellent job when it comes to this thing. I still don't know how mark gets in the thing with the new cage, because he's not a small guy.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:27 PM
Slowest turbo build ever!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is the most perfect looking drag car ive ever seen! If you had a big enough cowl to hide the intake elbow it would look almost factory!

Hey If I ever move to Ohio with some family that all ready lives there wanna give me a job? hahaha. Wyotech grad, would love to start out even just pushing a broom around that awesome shop just to get my foot in the door!

After looking at the map my family up there is only about 15min from the shop! Might have to come visit next time im up there

Last edited by black00chev; 06-15-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:45 AM
TECH Resident

Agreed. It is weird how there is a difference between being able to watch over a tech's shoulder as he installs a cam or a blower kit Vs watching a car get tuned. My guess it is because *Many* tuning shops are small and they just don't have the space or ability to have somebody wait elsewhere so people get accustomed to sitting beside / with a tuner while the car is on the dyno.

We have recognized this issue and have now made it a policy to involve the client more throughout the tuning / dyno process. The insurance company is against it obviously (Client's sitting in the car or beside the dyno) but we are working on a number of ways to "Bend" the rules a bit.

Waiting in a shop all day for any reason sucks so we always advice against it but we have many clients that drive a few hours to get here so we understand there is no other option in those situations.
Jeff, i figured it was an insurance thing. a waiting rm in the back of the shop would be a good idea. you could at least watch that way. i didn't have a bad experience, just got a little boring. Bill is a great tuner also. worth the trip just to see the shop and nice cars. might have to come back up and make a few runs on the dyno. how many dyno's you have now? only had the one mustang when i was last there.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Oh man, i haven't kept up with this thread. Those pictures are amazing, I can't imagine the time and R&D that went into that car.

The turbo locations in the front bumper is just beastly looking. Took me a second to catch on to what I was looking at.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:24 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can I trade you my truck for that car? Please
Old 06-17-2012, 12:27 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by IPSjeff
Sorry you had a bad experience but it wasn't due to an amount of money being spent. We have been a bit under-staffed on the sales team in the past but that issue has been resolved so give us another shot
It was a certain sales person that I had a problem with. I have met you a couple of times, and you seem to be dedicated, but the guy I dealt with didn't give a **** whether I got what I needed or not and I made it easy for him with a list with part numbers.

I do have my eye on a bigger better turbo, and down pipe, and an update on tuning, maybe I'll call to get a price.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:32 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Wide Open
Cool. I'm in Mount Vernon and work in Columbus.

Where are you getting your stuff tuned?
I just went to pacemakers for the stick car races last weekend. Maybe we could meet up some time. I don't know many truck guys.

I wil go wherever Eric S. is, he tuned it the first time, and with the little bit I knew about tuning, I could tell he knew what he was doing. Also The way he did things I totally agreed with so that made it an easy choice.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by brent1976
In person it looks perfect. Almost any car like this that you see you can walk around it and find at least 10 things where a corner was cut, but you can't find one on this one. Clear down to nuts and bolts are exactly like they should be, it really is a work of art. It looks like it is made to be a show car, not what it is. IPS has done an excellent job when it comes to this thing. I still don't know how mark gets in the thing with the new cage, because he's not a small guy.
The car is much more impressive in-person IMO. We take it it to quite a few car-shows for this reason so people can put their head in the engine bay and really look around
Jeff

Here is a link to all the "Build" pics as the car progressed:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipsmoto...7628824669135/

Last edited by IPSjeff; 06-18-2012 at 07:12 AM.

Quick Reply: IPS Motorsports turbo vette