THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Its an ENGINE not a MOTOR! Its a Torque converter not a STALL!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 06:40 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 10-11-2010, 06:49 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bahahahahahaha.. It's an Injun.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Get over it you **** retentive ********, jeez everyone knows what everyone means.

I see nothing wrong with call a torque converter a stall as it may not be the full terminology but it is the correcto terminology. Technically its a higher stall speed torque converter than factory. None of you lazy asses are going to type all that out I know Im not going to.
Agreed. Haha. Laziness prevails
Old 10-11-2010, 08:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Motor works fine for me. Do yall have chips on your trucks? I hear they really put out some power...
Old 10-12-2010, 04:38 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Call it what you want, lifes to short to give a ****.

Oh no, it says stall in my sig.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:25 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Fasglas
Close, but not quite. A diesel electric locomotive has a diesel that drives a main generator which provides current directly to electric motors connected to the wheels (no batteries used to store energy).

The electric braking (called dynamic braking) uses dynamic braking grids to provide a load to the electric motors connected to the wheels. When in braking mode the electric motors connected to the wheels (called traction motors) (each one weighing about as much as a small automobile) are converted to generators and provide current to the braking grids which causes a load on traction motors which provides resistance to the wheels turning slowing the locomotive and train. This produces a lot of heat in the braking grids which are cooled by large cooling fans on top of the locomotive. Basically the energy produced by the braking force is pissed away as heat (once again no batteries to store energy).

I'm sure they'd like to use batteries to store the energy, but I don't think the technology is there yet to store that kind of power in batteries that would fit on a locomotive. Seems like I read somewhere that they are trying to do it. But the diesel electric locomotives you see here in the USA function as described above.
i knew i mixed it up xD lol this is what i meant. thank you sir
Old 10-12-2010, 10:35 AM
TECH Addict

If you get pissed off about stall and motor, then what about people who say "NNBS?" Waaaay worse.

I've probably said it before too. Now, when someone types "NNBS," I just quit reading because they are going to type many more stupid things.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:44 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Coban
If you get pissed off about stall and motor, then what about people who say "NNBS?" Waaaay worse.

I've probably said it before too. Now, when someone types "NNBS," I just quit reading because they are going to type many more stupid things.
well that isnt exactly their fault... lol. stupid GM.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:46 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Coban

Big *******

What are they going to say when the next platform comes out? NNNBS? Really?

Just call them by the platform names: GMT400, GMT800, GMT900. Eliminates any confusion at all.

EDIT: Jared, how the hell is it GM's fault? GM gave them platform names, why don't we use them?
Old 10-12-2010, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Don't be mad cause when I get my 2020 truck its gonna be a new new new new new body style truck lol

That is stupid cause I say that to my friend somtimes and forget its forum talk.

Quick Reply: Its an ENGINE not a MOTOR! Its a Torque converter not a STALL!!!!