THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

It's Official! PONTIAC is dead.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 05:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know they will sell them cheap .... whoever thinks otherwise is a dumbass ...

does anyone remember about the gto;s when they were goin out they we're selling the gto's for AROUND .. $20,000
Old 04-28-2009, 05:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by m3srt
i know they will sell them cheap .... whoever thinks otherwise is a dumbass ...

does anyone remember about the gto;s when they were goin out they we're selling the gto's for AROUND .. $20,000
Not the few dealerships my dad emailed about. The last 3 cars my parents have bought they had negotiated through emails. Believe me when I say my parents get good deal on vehicles. The GM dealerships weren't even willing to negotiate through email.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:48 PM
TECH Junkie

If people start buying them up as collector cars since the Pontiac name is killed off then I don't see the prices on the G8's going down much. The GT's might come down a little if they aren't selling, but I don't see the GXP's selling cheap.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think it sucks Pontiac is going(gone), but it was bound to happen. GM having so many different lines was just a bloated organization.

I hope that Chevy can pick up the performance some once things turn around, and they will.

I'm thinking an LS-6 inspired 2-door hardtop with an available 6-speed (that's not a Corvette).
They could even go old school and offer base models, no ac, no frills to reduce cost and weight.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by buzzkillwill
I think it sucks Pontiac is going(gone), but it was bound to happen. GM having so many different lines was just a bloated organization.

I hope that Chevy can pick up the performance some once things turn around, and they will.

I'm thinking an LS-6 inspired 2-door hardtop with an available 6-speed (that's not a Corvette).
They could even go old school and offer base models, no ac, no frills to reduce cost and weight.
Bring back the Chevelle and the Nova!
Old 04-28-2009, 08:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by buzzkillwill
I think i
LOL, a car with no A/C is not going to sell well in just about every state except up north.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1quickRST
Hopefully the G8 could be rebadged as a chevy or a buick. Who knows, maybe they could bring back the Chevelle or 442 monikers! I would buy a G8 badged as a chevelle!
Originally Posted by truckmann
Bring back the Chevelle and the Nova!
Hell no; have you seen what they did with the Camaro?

Let's not even bring up the Malibu or Impala; if they come up with a new version they're going to kill it. I say keep the names dead.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:52 PM
formerly 2004RST (changed 11/19/2012)

so yeah it sucks that Pontiac is no more...but i'm curious about what's gonna happen with the Firehawk G8 still going to be made at all? and as far as chevy coming back out with the chevelle.... this is what it would probably look like...
Old 04-29-2009, 10:36 AM
TECH Resident

That thing is U-G-L-Y!
Old 04-30-2009, 08:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Ya that's ugly and I'm not sure that GM had anything to do with it.
I happen to like the new Camaro look a hell of a lot better than it has in the last 20 years to me.

I like this rendering though.

And if they can slap a badge on this bad boy to sell here I suspect there would be a few buyers.

Quick Reply: It's Official! PONTIAC is dead.