THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

just when i thought i had my addiction under control

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Honestly I have started going the responsible route. I am getting back alot of money for my tax return and its all going to pay off lonas/credit cards when I could have my new project almost done but debt free will feel better than 10s I think. Do what you must but wouldnt it be nice to have a house with a nice garage with all the goodies in it to work on your projects. IDK guess Im starting to go crazy
i hear ya on that, thats why after the cam its back to saving, i might just pick of some parts here and there and have it all together by the end of the summer. who knows, all my buddies wanted to know when i was going to finish my truck, i told them someday after i got my house. i guess this is just another bump in my road, slowing me down. ive knocked out my truck loan and all my credit cards, now its some school bills left.

damn these hobbies
Old 03-22-2006, 09:32 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well atleast you have alot of the other "normal" bills knocked out. It has been my experience you have to have a little fun too or you will go crazy.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

An addiction cannot be controlled...... that's why it's called an addiction. The addict is either practicing or in recovery waiting for a relapse. You relapsed. (Note: relapse can be fun if it don't kill ya I DO love my addictions )
Old 03-23-2006, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JimS
An addiction cannot be controlled...... that's why it's called an addiction. The addict is either practicing or in recovery waiting for a relapse. You relapsed. (Note: relapse can be fun if it don't kill ya I DO love my addictions )
sounds like somone went to a couple of meetings about addiction. thanks for clearing that up for me.

but if i got my addiction undercontrol wouldn't that mean that it was taken care of, im not addicted anymore? but a super fancy name for it is i am and a "truck addict".
Old 03-23-2006, 09:49 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Screw mods, get a house.....
Old 03-23-2006, 11:34 AM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Originally Posted by F8L Z71
Screw mods, get a house.....
That's right! We suffer from a disease for which there is no known cure....It can, however, be arrested at some point, and recovery is then possible.

With the continuing rise in Real Estate, I would jump in as soon as possible. The Hot Rod/Truck mod/fast bike/whatever thing will always be there, it's in your blood. My advice is to not put hobbies in front of priorities. That's why my 6 year old truck is still damn near as slow as it was from the start. There will always be someone faster, cleaner, lower, etc., don't try to keep up with the "Jone's". I love my truck, and tinker with it when I can, but have been able to stop myself from going too far as to need a beater. It's your choice.

My 2 cents.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:11 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just hit the point that I need a beater I go to pick it up next weekend
Old 03-23-2006, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

i ve had a beater for the last 3 years, and my trucks now where even close be to non streetable. how i look at is it the most exspensive this ive ever bought and, i wnat to keep the miles and normal wear and tear down. plus i install epoxy floors for a living, not the cleanest of jobs.

i went and looked at houses for the last 3 hours, there is a bunch out there that is right in my price range, now i just need to get saving for the down payment.

i know this is just a faze and i will be back to saving again, but what really killed my saving is this trans, and no working for the past month. oh well life goes on.