THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Kuwait

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 11:05 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by maddboost
Is **** illegal in Kuwait?
Yeah, that's a big offense over there, same with most of the middle eastern countries over there.
Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
It's nice to see how their doing now since they'd be under Saddam's control if it weren't for us. It'd be nice if they'd return the favor for us right now, but I don't think they have much of a military, hence the money goes elsewhere. At least they could feed us some oil for cheap. I'm not to sure how I feel about a country/culture that oppresses women so much. They can't even vote there can they. If you can't even take a picture of a woman, what does that say.
You're thinking about Saudi Arabia which is still hard-line Muslim. Some of the middle eastern countries a woman can walk around with as much freedom as here in the states. I actually ran into 2 early 20's Floridian hotties in Muscat, Oman. They were part of a dance show/performance group that traveled around the middle east and performed at theaters. I met them at a bar and they were in plain cloths that you'd see girl wear in the states in a beach town.
However, on a side note I thought it was a little disrespectful the lack of appropriate clothing that they wore. Respect a country and their customs whenever traveling into a foreign land. JMHO though
Old 06-22-2008, 11:06 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by black2003ss
Its already on its way here...its called the Pontiac G8 GXP, it will be here this fall with the LS2. Same car. GM toyed with making a new impala on the same platform, but with the way the economy, gas prices, etc have gone, its a no go for sure now. Be lucky they arent pulling the camaro plug, trust me, its been talked about inside GM.
Different body kit though isn't it? G8 GXP isn't gonna look like that right?
Old 06-22-2008, 11:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Different body kit though isn't it? G8 GXP isn't gonna look like that right?
Yeah, they put a pontiac trademark fascia on it, but otherwise, its pretty much 97% the same car. I would be happy to get one when it gets here.

Old 06-23-2008, 03:49 AM
Formerly Low_LQ4 - 6/6/10

It's nice to see how thier doing now since they'd be under Saddam's control if it weren't for us. It'd be nice if they'd return the favor for us right now, but I don't think they have much of a military, hence the money goes elsewhere. At least they could feed us some oil for cheap. I'm not to sure how I feel about a country/culture that oppresses women so much. They can't even vote there can they. If you can't even take a picture of a woman, what does that say.
Kuwait has been paying the U.S with oil and money for the past years but us as U.S citizens don't see where that money and oil goes.
Kuwait is the first country in the middle east to allow women into the gov. women can vote and do anything they want like men over here. The picture part is out of respect its rude to do it without their consent and most of them don't like it.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by black2003ss
AJ, those are great pics. How do they take to americans over there? Its been a long time since we bailed them out. Are you of ethnic arabic descent or caucasian? I'm just curious how they would take to someone like me who is bone white blonde hair and blue eyes walking around over there, thats the only reason I ask. No offense intended in anyway.
You'll blend right in since color is not an issue here and there are to many different races in Kuwait. I am of both decents and do speak Arabic.

Last edited by Low_LQ4; 06-23-2008 at 06:52 AM.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:06 AM

Old 06-23-2008, 11:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Well then, I stand corrected. It seems like a decent place to live though, and I don't think dust would be too much of an issue compared to all the dust we get here in AZ. I can't believe the emphasis on vehicles and fashion there. The two are obviously linked, since vehicles are a fashion statement. Or maybe it's because your just taking pictures of the vehicles for us, but that country definitely has their priorities straight. No tree hugging hippies over there. JK.

The money they send to the US probably goes into our military so we can defend them. That seems like a decent trade as long as we can still occupy it somewhat.

So what happened to your windshield? It looks like it got hit twice by something.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:46 AM
TECH Addict

Sweet pics man keep em comin!
Old 06-24-2008, 03:22 AM

Well then, I stand corrected. It seems like a decent place to live though, and I don't think dust would be too much of an issue compared to all the dust we get here in AZ. I can't believe the emphasis on vehicles and fashion there. The two are obviously linked, since vehicles are a fashion statement. Or maybe it's because your just taking pictures of the vehicles for us, but that country definitely has their priorities straight. No tree hugging hippies over there. JK.

The money they send to the US probably goes into our military so we can defend them. That seems like a decent trade as long as we can still occupy it somewhat.

So what happened to your windshield? It looks like it got hit twice by something.
Its not my windshield so its ok. I drove alot of cars this month, the best one that I really liked was the Volvo C70 Its turbo charged, fast and the NNBS Silverado HD.

Last edited by Low_LQ4; 02-11-2009 at 12:44 AM.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:28 PM
Self proclaimed VILLAGE IDIOT

Originally Posted by Low_LQ4
You'll blend right in since color is not an issue here and there are to many different races in Kuwait. I am of both decents and do speak Arabic.
Andique bowisiir?

LMAO!

Quick Reply: Kuwait