THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Kuwait

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 12:59 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I actually enjoyed listening to it but not sure how I'd feel about hearing it everyday, or maybe it isn't...I dunno!
Took this cuz I couldn't sleep...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5h5stWnzWU
Old 06-19-2008, 09:58 AM
I hate my cats

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

**** dude, interesting as hell! Keep the pics and vids coming, I wanna go there for my honeymoon now! Have fun while you're there.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:10 PM
Formerly Low_LQ4 - 6/6/10

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Every Kuwaiti citizen is given a stipend or salary by the government for the oil that is produced by the country. Not so in Saudi Arabia, (Pre-invasion) Iraq, and Iran where the money went to the monarchies and governments. However U.A.E., Oman, Qatar, and Kuwait share the countries oil profits with their citizens, but not every country produces as much oil per capita and are as rich as Kuwait(although U.A.E. isn't far behind).
It's similar to being an Alaskan resident, where you receive I think $1,800 per person per year for the oil that is mined from the state. Except in Kuwait I heard it's around $200K/year but that was hear-say and that's what I was made to understand when I was there earlier this year...maybe A.J. can spread more light on this.

Dubai (U.A.E.) is like Disney land...it's ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. Another cool place is Abu Dhabi which is 60 miles west of Dubai and it's almost a clone of NYC!

I was able to get by on English as most of the labor force in the middle east is Filipino and Indian and they primarily speak English.
Hear-say for sure about the 200K but people here do benefit from oil to a limit.

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Hey A.J. how do you deal with the 5am prayer chants that are broadcast over the city speakers? Awesome pics of the cars! I don't know if you feel the same way but the middle east is so misrepresented here in the US...it's kind of a shame!
Best of luck and stay safe!
The middle east is misrepresented in the US and around the world. I would love to live here for good the pay is good, the poeple are great and life is simple. I got used to the 5am broadcast they really make me feel more relaxed and its really cool to see how people wake up in the morning to go to the prayers its unique in away.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:56 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Low_LQ4
The middle east is misrepresented in the US and around the world. I would love to live here for good the pay is good, the poeple are great and life is simple. I got used to the 5am broadcast they really make me feel more relaxed and its really cool to see how people wake up in the morning to go to the prayers its unique in away.

I had no complaints about most places I visited and couldn't agree with you more about living there. Enjoy your time there!
Old 06-19-2008, 05:00 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm gonna agree on the misrepresentation part.
I've never been there but I've always been respectful to other nationalities. You can't let a few rogue groups determine your belief about an entire community or religion.
It's sad that people are rude to others for no apparent reason.

Anyone see the news where a dude was hit by a car on the east coast some where and no one stopped to help him, everyone just kept walking by like nothing happened?
Sad what this country is coming to.

But that's another story
Old 06-19-2008, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by viciousknid
I'm gonna agree on the misrepresentation part.
I've never been there but I've always been respectful to other nationalities. You can't let a few rogue groups determine your belief about an entire community or religion.
It's sad that people are rude to others for no apparent reason.

Anyone see the news where a dude was hit by a car on the east coast some where and no one stopped to help him, everyone just kept walking by like nothing happened?
Sad what this country is coming to.

But that's another story
I agree with what your saying something has to change.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:59 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOW

Great pics man, yes it looks to be totally diif then what we here an see on the Tv bout the whole place being a war zone. Def looks like American muscle is thriving there. What is the price on a vette or goat there?? the same as here???. Great pics, keepem comeing, b safe bro...

John
Old 06-21-2008, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
LOW

Great pics man, yes it looks to be totally diif then what we here an see on the Tv bout the whole place being a war zone. Def looks like American muscle is thriving there. What is the price on a vette or goat there?? the same as here???. Great pics, keepem comeing, b safe bro...

John
Same just without taxes.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:49 AM
Blown 427 LSX

more pics... hottie pics would be nice too
Old 06-21-2008, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by usabodyguard
more pics... hottie pics would be nice too
I'll get more pics soon. No hottie pics though its not legal here and I don't want to get in trouble.

Quick Reply: Kuwait