THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Lets see your dogs LOL

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 12:37 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by L33Z71
Dozer, about 1 year old and 70 pounds 1/2 American Bulldog/1/2 Boxer--I need to get some new pics of him, he's actually larger now.

your Dozer is lookin good. heres the most recent pics i have of my Dozer. they he's bigger now but these are the most recent i have. he's 5 months 50 lbs this week. born nov 5.

american bulldog (NOT PITBULL)

Old 04-01-2008, 02:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks man, yours too. I need to get some updated pics, these are probably several months old here. He's gained a little bit of weight since these and has grown taller. He's about 25" tall at his shoulders now. I need to get some better pics of him though with his ears back like in the first shot. When he runs, he goes into aerodynamic mode with his ears folded back--it makes him super fast.

Yours is looking good though too. Hard to believe he's already 50 pounds.

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
your Dozer is lookin good. heres the most recent pics i have of my Dozer. they he's bigger now but these are the most recent i have. he's 5 months 50 lbs this week. born nov 5.

american bulldog (NOT PITBULL)

Old 04-01-2008, 02:14 PM

25" at the shoulders and only 70lbs! 25" is freekin tall. dozer is sittin around 17" and growing about 3-4 lbs per week. every once in a while he will have an off week and gain 0-2 lbs but thats just those little growth spirts coming and going. ive been keeping track of his growth just cuz it interests me for some reason. im afraid of the big growth spirt that i hear they hit around 6 months old
Old 04-01-2008, 02:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

here's zoey, she's a red heeler/black mouth kerr hound

x-mas eve when i found her at my grandparent's farm (prolly 4-6 weeks old i'm guessing)

next day

ears grown up, (about 2 months old now)

lean mean bitch now

"what did you say?"
Old 04-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Piss Pumps for Sale

Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, The True North Strong and Free!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thunder550
Sorry guys, didn't mean to put a sad twist on things. Keep posting up the dog pics

Dewey, if you ever come knockin on my door looking for a hug I'll kick you in the nuts! (just kidding.....come get one! )
Dont be sorry about the sad story, We'll all face it in time just the story is usually different, my dog is in the early stages of what your dog went through, kills me to see him sometimes struggling to get up
Old 04-01-2008, 03:39 PM
TECH Veteran

25" at the shoulders and only 70lbs! 25" is freekin tall. dozer is sittin around 17" and growing about 3-4 lbs per week. every once in a while he will have an off week and gain 0-2 lbs but thats just those little growth spirts coming and going. ive been keeping track of his growth just cuz it interests me for some reason. im afraid of the big growth spirt that i hear they hit around 6 months old

Yeah, he's all feet and legs. His back stands a couple inches above my knees and you know I'm not short. I'm really surprised that he doesn't weigh more too, I really figured him to be at least 85 pounds, and am still not convinced that he won't grow into his feet and body soon. I still expect him to put on some weight. But he did the same thing, was putting on about 5 pounds a week until he was about 6 months old. At about 9 months is when he really went into his height growth spurt.

Yours is definitely going to be a big boy.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:46 PM

im just sayin 25" is taller than most full american bulldogs...and a dog that tall is usually 120LBS+. being that its 1/2 boxer i woulda expected it to max around 19-22" at the shoulder.

the 2nd year is where they stack on their weight and fill out. at this rate im expecting my puppy to be about the size of his dad when he hit 1 year old. 105 and another year to fill out
Old 04-01-2008, 03:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

use to have a beagle then she got shot by one off my cousins neighbors when we left her with my cousin for the weekend when we went out of town! my cousin lives on 80 acres and the dog was just walking along the road and some f-ed up guy shot my dog and my cousins and just left them there!

confrunted him and he said he thought they were strays...even though they were woth wearing collors.....

should have went and shot his 40 cows..... for revenge

RIP Annie.

up side.... im hopeing to get a new dog soon! just dont know what i want yet!
Old 04-01-2008, 04:24 PM
TECH Veteran

im just sayin 25" is taller than most full american bulldogs...and a dog that tall is usually 120LBS+. being that its 1/2 boxer i woulda expected it to max around 19-22" at the shoulder.

the 2nd year is where they stack on their weight and fill out. at this rate im expecting my puppy to be about the size of his dad when he hit 1 year old. 105 and another year to fill out
Oh, I hear ya. He's squirmy as hell, loves to play, but when I measured him a few weeks ago, he was ever bit of 24" tall, and probably 25", I just couldn't get his *** to stay still. I know he's going to put on some weight though, I JUST switched him to adult food a few weeks ago when he turned 1 year old. Our Bozer Xena was still growing a little bit when she was 1.5 years old.

I did meet a guy one time at Petsmart who had his American Bulldog there with him, dog was freakin huge, said he was somewhere like 175-185 pounds. But it was a damn good looking dog.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by L33Z71
Oh, I hear ya. He's squirmy as hell, loves to play, but when I measured him a few weeks ago, he was ever bit of 24" tall, and probably 25", I just couldn't get his *** to stay still. I know he's going to put on some weight though, I JUST switched him to adult food a few weeks ago when he turned 1 year old. Our Bozer Xena was still growing a little bit when she was 1.5 years old.

I did meet a guy one time at Petsmart who had his American Bulldog there with him, dog was freakin huge, said he was somewhere like 175-185 pounds. But it was a damn good looking dog.
oh some AB's will grow up to 3 years. a 175-185 american bulldog is eiter severely overweight/handicapped or not an american bulldog. 150 is MASSIVE for an AB. 175-185 is unheard of. he must have had some kind of mastiff and thought it was an american bulldog....or just threw a huge random number out there estimating his actual weight. alot of large breed owners lie about their dogs weight for some reason????

Quick Reply: Lets see your dogs LOL