THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Locked the keys in the truck but...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Import Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locked the keys in the truck but...

i have AAA so im not that worried about it. I was bsin on the phone with my buddy and had my keys on the center console, since my remote batteries dead im used to hitting the lock button as i get out... sure enough the keys were still in there lol.

Long story short i called AAA emergency thing and i get on the phone with this lady who is immediately acting like a jackass... i said i locked my keys in my truck and i need someone to come get them out for me... she was like well dont you have a trunk release, i said i dont have a trunk.. so she says you just told me you locked you keys in there, i said no i locked my keys in my truck.. so she says ok well have to send a locksmith to make a key for you and get in... bout 10 mins goes by i get a call thinkin its the locksmith, its AAA... Mr.Bauman we have a bit of a problem, the vehicle you have listed does not have a trunk, the only thing i could do was ******* laugh... ahhh what a week its been
Old 02-14-2008, 12:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never had problems with AAA. In fact they have been awesome.

I was with my buddy once in his car and his fuel pump went out. I called AAA and they towed his car at no expense to both of us.

I also like the 4 free tows a year. That came in pretty handy when I had to bring my truck to a transmission shop when I fucked my hand up and needed my truck.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:47 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

What a bucnch of asses. Where do the outsource their customer service, Bangalor? Itchyasstan?
Old 02-14-2008, 12:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by trever1t
What a bucnch of asses. Where do the outsource their customer service, Bangalor? Itchyasstan?
LOL, All the receptionists I have talked to have had absolutely no accents.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:53 PM
Import Moderator

Oh no i dont have a problem with them, in fact the lady who called me back was laughin her *** off too, i just found it amusing... i must have said truck like 5 times and she even asked me if it was a 1500 or 2500 silverado haha. AAA is good imo, theyve helped me alot in the past and for as cheap as its hard to justify not having it

anybody have any clue how much it would cost to have a locksmith make you a key onsite? AAA said they only cover the first $100... i have NO idea if it would be more or less than that??
Old 02-14-2008, 12:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

fyi if you are caught in this situation and you have a spare remote somewhere (house, with wife, etc)... say if it's at home, call your house, have your wife/kid get the remote and put it next to the phone and you put your phone near the door/truck whatev and have them press the unlock button, it will unlock.

sounds like bs but i've tried it before
Old 02-14-2008, 12:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by texastahoe
fyi if you are caught in this situation and you have a spare remote somewhere (house, with wife, etc)... say if it's at home, call your house, have your wife/kid get the remote and put it next to the phone and you put your phone near the door/truck whatev and have them press the unlock button, it will unlock.

sounds like bs but i've tried it before
It's never worked for me.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ONSTAR FTMFW!!!!

They unlocked my truck on the second level of an underground parking garage. You can still get radio reception under there though so I guess it's no surprise they could unlock it.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:09 PM
Import Moderator

got them... he didnt have to make a key or anything though... he just slid this little thing in the crack of the door at the top and pump it up and it expanded it just enough to jam this rod in and hit the unlock.

no spare unfortunately otherwise i woulda just let my wife drop it off lol

no onstar in my 02'
Old 02-14-2008, 01:10 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by beastmode
Oh no i dont have a problem with them, in fact the lady who called me back was laughin her *** off too, i just found it amusing... i must have said truck like 5 times and she even asked me if it was a 1500 or 2500 silverado haha. AAA is good imo, theyve helped me alot in the past and for as cheap as its hard to justify not having it

anybody have any clue how much it would cost to have a locksmith make you a key onsite? AAA said they only cover the first $100... i have NO idea if it would be more or less than that??
They charge $50-$60 just to take 10 seconds and pop your lock open. I bet it's like $150 or so to cut you a key. They know they have you by the *****.

Quick Reply: Locked the keys in the truck but...