THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Looks like I will be getting out of the Navy in 6months

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 01:29 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lucky... i havent decided if i should get out or not. there is so much other stuff i want to do. my 6 years is up in Sept.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 4 years in the navy is up in November 2009, any advice for a guy just starting out in the navy? Im in A school for Aviation Electricians Mate here in Jax.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:02 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
PS in that month off could you PLEASE finish your truck

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
LMAO I second this motion

Good luck Grip in whatever you decide to do. If you open your own shop Im sure nothing but top quality work will come out of it judging how you do everything else
lol, yes, I will finish the truck, PROMISE

and thanks for the nice words

Originally Posted by BADMOFO
Good luck man! I'm sure things are "unsettling" right now to say the least, but I have a feeling that you are the kind of person for whom things tend to work themselves out for. I'm sure in a year or two you will know that whatever happens did so for a reason.
very cool, thanks dude
Old 03-24-2006, 01:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 01LR4
My 4 years in the navy is up in November 2009, any advice for a guy just starting out in the navy? Im in A school for Aviation Electricians Mate here in Jax.

No matter what your job is do it well. Don't let others around you bring you down. I enlisted in 92 in the Navy. I took classes on the ship and then night school while I was on shore duty in Jax. I made it up to E-6 and I was planning on getting out. At the last minute I dropped an Officer package. I got picked up for pilot. The one thing I always did was do my job as if I was a lifer. I got my EAWS and studied for the exams. Find a good Chief at your command and let him/her mentor you.

Smoke
Old 03-24-2006, 01:27 PM
TECH Resident

What do you fly now? I assume helo's by your avatar.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

H-3's. Well I was, I just flew the last one to the desert in Feb. So now I'm just hanging out waiting to roll to shore duty. I will be moving down to P-cola in June to be a flight instructor.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:59 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

update: good news, when Master Chief got my Request Chit to cancel my orders and get out at my EAOS, those orders to Japan just seemed to disappear

all good......submitted for some orders in San Diego a few days ago, detailer hooked me up with a sweet deal today, San Diego I will stay
Old 04-14-2006, 11:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by moregrip
update: good news, when Master Chief got my Request Chit to cancel my orders and get out at my EAOS, those orders to Japan just seemed to disappear

all good......submitted for some orders in San Diego a few days ago, detailer hooked me up with a sweet deal today, San Diego I will stay
Good news!!! My brother just got back from Iraq (8 months) and afghanistan (1yr) and he is totally out. He lost alot of friends and saw some terrible stuff. In that time I tore my bicep, lost a 150K a year job, wife wrecked my 06 infiniti, but I thank god everyday that he is home. Its all worth it!! I would give up all of those things again to have hime home safe. Things work out for good people!! Want to take some of that time off and help a disabled guy get his truck done? I know you wont be working on yours
Thank you for all that you do, all of you have my utmost respect!! I went out of my way for a Marine this month getting 4 pricing exceptions on his loan simply b/c there isnt enough any of us can do to show you enlisted people how much we appreciate you.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by moregrip

Good deal

Now you can concentrate on geting your Beast deep into the 12's with all those parts
Old 04-14-2006, 11:31 PM
TECH Addict

congrats grippy....i knew you would shine in the end

Quick Reply: Looks like I will be getting out of the Navy in 6months