THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

lost pcm!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lost pcm!

ok guys here we go.. i have been holding my temper with this problem i have.. i bought a pcm from w4me performance.(i know i know) lol. well anyways tune was great for my truck and was 100% satisfied.. well i added some small mods and wanted to get a re-tune and maybe get me a more performance tune from him.. i had called a while back asking how he does his re-tune updates he said send vin, a lil paper of what you want and name so on.. so i finally decided to send it back 1-22-09. went to usps and sent it.. i made this huge mistake by not getting a tracking number still paid 22.00 to send it but no number.. well guess what my pcm got lost. never made it here or there.. i have sent multiple items by mail with no problems ever!. so i call w4me and they say wait a couple of more days cause of snow storm and stuff. i said cool. nothing ever came. so i send an email saying hey jesse whats up "i did a very dumb thing and sent you my pcm without buying a tracking number my fault and i need another pcm".. finally get a response and he says it never made it there and no signs of it being sent out. what can you guys do maybe a lil discount or something so i dont have to pay full price again but if thats not possible i will pay for a new one.. nothing no email no nothing.. email him again. and thought wait.. didnt these pcm's come with life time free updates and a 75 dollar charge for any vehicle i have.. why cant i just send my pcm back re-tune it and pay 75.? i never said give me one for free or i want my money back because i know its my fault for not getting a tracking number.. but a response from him would be nice, like hey man send me your original and 75 and i will re-tune it. nothing at all. am i asking for too much? should i just pay the whole 160 again and be done with it? looking for advice or another way of going with this.. i really dont have 300+ to spend on a tune. and without this tune my truck slips 1-2 sometimes.. with tune it was crisp and firm.. thanks. i cant beleive the stuff i send usps gets there all the time no problems and i didnt think someone would steal it, for what? it only works on my type of truck. sorry for long rant.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get in touch with Justin at black bear. He will do you one for less then 300, you will love it..
Old 02-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

+1 for justin!!
Old 02-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Truck Sponsor

Since you are in houston,you can come see me if you are interested
I will cut you a good deal also
Old 02-23-2009, 06:12 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, you learned lesson with USPS. Call the crap out of Jesse and get him on the phone. Get him to respond. Obviously Wheatley, Balckbear, and so on will take care of you, but if it were me, out the money and not able to afford a new tune from somewhere else...I'd invest some time into making jesse know he needs to respond to me. Your fault...yes...but get him to commit to retuning the pcm you have for 75 bucks. And for crying out loud, ship it fedex or UPS. At the very least get tracking and insurance on it.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

^honestly i have never had bad experience with USPS. But then again no problems with Fedex or UPS either
Old 02-23-2009, 07:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Justin FTW!!!
Old 02-23-2009, 10:24 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

I'd cut my losses and get a tune from one of our sponsors...
Old 02-24-2009, 06:09 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeteys5.3
^honestly i have never had bad experience with USPS. But then again no problems with Fedex or UPS either
I did once. Just once. If you get tracking service it will all be okay almost everytime. Murphy wrote the Laws, I just get stuck with them.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

wheatley tuned last night FTW! great guy. great tune. happy again.. i have never had any problems with any shipper.. but it happens.. thanks.. and a special thanks to charlie!

Quick Reply: lost pcm!