THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

IS it me or has the site become a diff environment??

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2005 Silverado
And rules are rules, so me being racist or opinionated, ill watch it.
My 2010 Census asks me what race I am multiple times, so obviously it matters to someone
Old 12-02-2009, 04:23 PM
TOWN CRIER

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

As a lurker, I think the downturn is because of more publicity and traffic. There is still the same amount of good info and ideas, it's just buried in the b.s. I used to log in a few years ago and have 4-5 pages of new threads every few days, 30% of which I would read and half of that 30% I would actually be interested in. Now I log in every other day or so and have 10 pages of stuff to browse through, that is way too much **** to sift through so I don't read up and post responces because I just don't have the time or patience to participate. That and back to the point of people moving on to other projects and also not having the extra cash flow to biuld things like we used to. I sold my blower and have basically left my truck alone due to my work schedule combined with finances, just not worth it when I don't have the time or money to mess with **** any more.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kbracing96
Ok, I have something to add about the newby thing... A lot of you are in school of some sort or another, right?. How would you feel if you come into class on the first day eager to learn thinking wow, I just found this great class and in a subject I really like! You raise your hand and ask the tracher a question you think is very relitive to the subject matter and the teacher responds I've answered that question every year for the last 10 years damnit, read the book!!

Just because some of you spend hundreds of hours on here and read almost every post and have seen or heard the answer many times, doesn't make it right for you to go off on someone who came here to learn something and you tell them they should just search (read the damn book!). Remember, EVERYONE of you was an uniformed newby at some time or another.

Most people come here for 2 reasons, to learn or to teach. If your not doing either, then your just wasting time. So instead of insulting them, answer there question or don't say anything. I know I've answered the same questions over and over, but that is what teachers do!.
You are wise beyond your years
Old 12-02-2009, 04:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
This would be more for the guys that have been here for a while, that can look back and see.. It seems to me that while the site is still great it has changed in a few ways, that I don't agree with fully.. Am I the only one who feels or thinks this way???
Old 12-02-2009, 04:28 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

There are people here that join later then me and have about 10,000 more posts then me...

I guarantee they weren't useful posts...so as far as posting is concerned that number is somewhat pointless.
preach on brotha!
Old 12-02-2009, 04:29 PM
SPAM HUNTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trever1t
thank you

your not welcome...

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
My 2010 Census asks me what race I am multiple times, so obviously it matters to someone
Obama

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
preach on brotha!
i bet 2500 of mine are pointless...so that being said...who has more pointless things to say ?
Old 12-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There are people here that join later then me and have about 10,000 more posts then me...

I guarantee they weren't useful posts...so as far as posting is concerned that number is somewhat pointless.
There have always been post ****** and there always will be post ******. Simple fact. I used to be one but that was because the goverment paid me to sit at a computer for 60 hours a week for a year and 6 months I was laid up due to various health issues. Thats probably where 10K of my posts came from, and I know for a fact maybe 7 were useful

That and Ive probably had more projects than half the site combined over the years so that generally equals a lot of posting too.

Didnt we just have a biggest ***** poll thread a week or so ago?

And quit double posting/deleting your posts it messes up my view of the thread
Old 12-02-2009, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lownslo06
I don't get offended and sometimes don't post on threads where there is drama because i don't get into it in real life why fight on the net?
I feel the same sometimes, its like I dont even wanna bother posting and arguing over something stupid. Seems like there are a few members here that like to pick little things apart and discourage others from posting IMO.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:36 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lownslo06
BTW Thunder550 is still gay......you know how i know? his boyfriend said so hahahahahahaha
STFU n00b! What are you doing talking to my BF anyway, you trying to steal him away?

God damn, you go 8 months without a GF and everybody thinks you switched teams. WTF?? Unless by gay you meant happy, then by all means, I'm as gay as they get

And yes, I'm sure someone is going to quote the last part of that sentence in their sig.

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
You are wise beyond your years
Wrong. Kyle has PLENTY of years to back up that wisdom
Old 12-02-2009, 04:39 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by trever1t
Sorry, this is my playground.
Can we change your title from Admin to Playground Monitor?

Quick Reply: IS it me or has the site become a diff environment??