THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

messing with a scammer on craigslist

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 05:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The address I gave them is for the internet scams and fraud division at the FBI office. Unfortunatly there is little they can do if they arent in this country. Never know, they may be here in the US.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by outlawz2004
The address I gave them is for the internet scams and fraud division at the FBI office. Unfortunatly there is little they can do if they arent in this country. Never know, they may be here in the US.
Hope they are in the US, there are idiots here that wouldn't know proper grammar if it beat them upside their head you know! Hopefully his green card is expired, the FBI will find him, and he will be deported back to what-ever *** backwards country he came from.

That is, if he/she is in the USA.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by trever1t
lol, i did this a few weeks ago, had the bastard going for like 10 days. It was an apartment rental scam where he wanted me to send the deposit and he's send me the keys...said he liked me and trusted me with his place.

The really sad part is that there are too many ******* stupid people on this planet. I want to think they get what they deserve but no, they are too ******* stupid to deserve this ****. It's wrong and the weak need us to help them, so I kept this *** wipe busy for 10 days before I couldn't stand it any longer and asked him what kind f scum he was? I never heard back, wow.

Good luck with your adventure, fight the honorable fight, protect the weak minded and screw that sucker sitting in some hole in Nigeria.
I agree with this to a point, yes the younger generations deserve what they get. But the older generation, back in their day, a hand shake would be a like a 30 page signed contract today, people were true to what they said. I get my point from my grandma and listening to the stories from her telling me. alot of old people get suckered into scams like this.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:21 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, I can agree to that, then again, if you are using a computer you should have enough sense to know a scam when you see one. A handshake is done eye to eye. Besides, like I said, we need to protect them anyway
Old 12-24-2008, 03:27 AM

Received 223 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by chevrolet all the way
wooh hoo! you should call the fbi office and see what they do about it!
jack ****. give up.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:34 AM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only way the FBI could even consider doing anything is if the person was in the U.S. but 99% of the time it's someone in another country and the laws just aren't the same around there.

It's just like when someone comes up missing on a Cruise ship. It's owned by a company in another country and traveling in International Waters. There isn't anything that can legally be done.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:36 PM
TECH Addict

Got another one on the line today. I am going to give him all the info I gave the other one.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:55 PM
TECH Addict

Wow, this one was a quick deal.LOL. Here you guys go:::

Hello, My boss is in need of your item listed on craigslist and will like to
know the present condition. This item is needed very urgently and due to
this fact i want you to tell me the price you are willingto sell the item
only because i will handle the shipping myself ( i.e the item will picked up
by my shipping company).However, i will make your payment via Check,Infact i
want you to asure me that this item is in good condition also assure me that
as soon as cash the Check from your bank,you will contact me immediately for
the shipping address,Please for God sake know that this item must meet-up
with need

PLS KINDLY GET BACK TO ME WITH THE FOLLOWING....
1)List of items you have for sale and the Price..
2)Is the item in good Condition???
3)Your Full name and address and phone number to issue Out the check..
Name..........
Address.................
City.....................
State...........................
Zipcode...................
CellPhone Number......................
Thanks
God Bless

My response:::
It is a 2004 Honda Recon is very good condition. Your boss would really like this, I hope we can do business together. Here is a picture of it. Very clean. I want $5000 for it, not a penny less. Is this a problem, if not I will pull the ad if we have a deal. I dont have a phone number currently, but you can contact me at this email anytime. my address is below for you to send the check.
Fred B. Ivey
2901 Leon C.Simon Dr
New Orleans, La 70126
Here is a picture of the Honda Recon:

Him:
Thanks for the response, I agree with the final asking price of this item. More so, i want to let you aware the payment that will be issued will include an extra money in which i want you to help me transfer to the shipping company for the pick up of the item as soon as you get the payment cashed... So you don't have to border your self about the shipping because it will be taken care of , all you need to is that immediately you receive and cash the check, just deduct your money for the item and send the remaining fund to the shipping company the same day so they can come over to pick up the item on time... Am ready to issue out payment right away so that this transaction can be completed on time..

N:B I HAD ALSO DECIDED TO COMPENSATE YOU WITH ADDITIONAL $100 FOR THE STRESS AND TO REMOVE THE ITEM OFF MARKET AND KEEP IT FOR ME

IF YOU AGREE TO SEND MONEY TO THE SHIPPING COMPANY IMMEDIATELY YOU RECEIVE AND CASH THE CHECK,KINDLY GET BACK TO ME FAST SO THAT I CAN ISSUE PAYMENT TO YOU RIGHT AWAY.

My Reply LOL:
Sounds like a great plan. I am removing the listing and awaiting payment.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like you're having a good time and have sent 10g's to the feds, you should bring that up around tax time and see if you can't save a little cheddar....

man they don't make those recons like they used to...
Old 12-25-2008, 10:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by wastedrubber
looks like you're having a good time and have sent 10g's to the feds, you should bring that up around tax time and see if you can't save a little cheddar....

man they don't make those recons like they used to...
Actually the first one hit for $9000, I gave this guy a break because he was upfront and honest. Looks like a honda recon to me.

Quick Reply: messing with a scammer on craigslist