THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Met a really cool guy from PT today

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 02:29 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Always good to hear a positive report about one of our members Tom...I was going to say "the ribbing comes with the territory", (ribbing = busting chops), then I realized that someone would probably take the "ribbing" part out of context too

From what I know of Tim on here, he's a real cool cat, so I figured that's how he was still a quality dude away from the keyboard too I remember when I met Peter (straped for cash) this past summer, I didn't really know what to expect as he only gets online from time to time, and lives all the way across the country in Minnesota, but when he came by my place to hang out one Sunday afternoon we had a great time and I made a new friend for life. Same deal with Tom (tdrumm)...I would see his truck in Englewood where I worked and he lived at the time, and he saw mine a few times also, when we both finally put two and two together and figured it out. Now we're great friends and only live a few miles away from each other. Rosie always has a great time with Tom's kids (not sure if he wants me posting their first names on the internet), we just attended his daughter's 4th birthday party a few weeks ago, and Rosie had a blast once her shyness wore off and she warmed up

I'm expecting a visit from some dude in Michigan with a slow blue truck this spring...I've never met the guy, but I talk to him on the phone more often than my closest friends who live just a few miles away, and he's now a part of that elite group that I call "closest friends"
Old 03-20-2011, 02:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The guys I call true friends on here, I talk to all the time. Trucks, family, life. Jarrod, Billy, Bill, Mike & a few others. Great people who've helped me out & I'd give the shirt off my back for them.

I meet new ones all the time. I do wish we had some hot women on here that wee into trucks too.

People are from all corners of the U.S. on PT. You can't visit all of em, but I hope to see a few over the next yr. or 2. And race 1 of em, if he'd ever put his 6L together.

Cmon already, I did say this year, supposed to be in summer or fall.
Gather some parts, start some machining & get it screwed together.

Last edited by fastnblu; 03-20-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:55 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by fastnblu
I do wish we had some hot women on here that wee into trucks too.
I've heard of the pee fetish, but never heard of it taken to a level where the girl actually pees in the truck

Sorry bro, had to on that one

Cmon already, I did say this year, supposed to be in summer or fall.
Gather some parts, start some machining & get it screwed together.
It's all good...actually I've been doing more selling than gathering lately...which reminds me, I have a new Magnaflow muffler that I didn't use that I need to go take some pics of...
Old 03-20-2011, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Someone that actually knows what I'm sayin.

Chase, were the people from PT cool & those that weren't from PT, uncool? As in were ya treated like an outsider? Or did ya not mean like that, cause the weather has to be pretty similiar I'd think, maybe hotter in TX tho.

People live in different areas of the U.S., but we handle life's trails & tribulations in different ways. Never know what someone is goin thru when ya don't live down the block. Even then, close proximity, doesn't guarantee u know their story. Sharing family memories, funny stories, or talkin about jerks on the road, whatever. Life is about experiences & learning.
We truly only need food, water & shelter. Money gives us an inroad to those things & our others needs / wants. Family & friends are core elements IMO. The rest is easy.
Amen brother,
True story you would know it but,last week I almost lost my brother+bestfriend to cancer while finding out Im having a baby girl.Talk about a goin through a **** load of emotions for guy that trys to keep it simple.I dont want for much except to live within my means while up holdin the golden rule.I believe lifes too short for stress. So I keep it lite and simple which helps in being happy Imo.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

A good friend told me of family stuff like this. Glad all is better now, as u never know what someone else is going thru. And ... congrats!!!

Well said. I have a major problem. I get stressed easily at work. Bosses give a lot of grief. I just wanna work, no drama. No fuss, no muss. BUt it's never that easy, they just gotta agitate.

My golden rule. Treat others as you wish to be treated. Ya, I joke w/. some on here. But, I'm good natured by design, & will help most anyone.
If they're rotten or wanna hose me, they're on their own.
Simple really. I don't really bullshit around. Some think I'm serious, hardcore, or mean. To some extent, I am. But most know they can depend on me, & my values, give it your best shot. You only live once, value your time on the Earth.

My other golden rule. First woman I ever dated knew this - What was my number one core value - Honesty. Without it, little matters. I'm not talkin if ya took a little extra drink at some fast food joint or were doing 5 over the limit, or some little indiscression. I mean if a friend or family walks away, & $ is sitting there, they don't have to worry. Not being a thief stealing from a buddy or whatever u wouldn't want a person doin to you. Not takin of a person's goodness, or intentional manipulation. That kinda thang.

You live right. That's what were talkin here.

Last edited by fastnblu; 03-20-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant even pronounce manipulation...**** got a hard nough time finding my keys or wallet if that tells how much I care bout havin/gettin things.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:05 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This thread is funny , I like it, made me laugh!

I headed up to see my buddy TJ In Michigan and have some tune tweaking done to my truck,

Drank lots of beers -Fun!

TJ took me for a ride in a 05 GTO / 6.0 / Front mount that runs 9.80's at over 141mph, and it s a street car and lloks stock, Damn what a ride!!!!! So fukin sick! Thanks again TJ and Baker engineering !!!!

So the next day on my way home i figured since i was in Michigan i'd try to meet up with Tom, was wanting to see his truck and try to convince him to put the Maggie on LOL

Glad i did, Tom is a great person , he's Def. got the truck sickness that makes us all read and spend so much time here.

His truck is real clean in person, has a great stance and sounds good . The truck handles like an F-body, i was impressed.

So it was nice to meet a another person with the same enthusiasm for trucks and appreciates the mods youve done.

I love trucks and LSx engines, if that makes me queer than so be it LOL.

This is the internet, you cant take it too seriously or if ya do shame on ya haha!!

But seriously its been a terrible year so far,
My grandfather who i spent lots of time with Past away in january,
My grandma 's heart stopped and we almost lost her the same week, shes good now.

My brother , who was a kick *** body/paint man and avid drag racer was killed last month in a car accident.He painted lots of stuff on my truck which i glad for now. Man i miss my buddy.

So it was great to get away this weekend and spend some time with fellow truck enthuisists, definitley got my mind off the other stuff.

Thats why i like trucks, they give ya an escape from reality sometimes that you need to help keep ya in check with lifes bullshit !!!

Cant wait to have a track day Tom , once again nice to meet you.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:11 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Man Tim, sorry to hear about all of your misfortune this year, it always breaks my heart when bad things happen to good people. Glad to hear that you had a good time with Tom...since you're vouching for him, guess I'll open the door when he comes knockin later this year
Old 03-20-2011, 07:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TIM Z
This thread is funny , I like it, made me laugh!

So the next day on my way home i figured since i was in Michigan i'd try to meet up with Tom, was wanting to see his truck and try to convince him to put the Maggie on LOL

Glad i did, Tom is a great person , he's Def. got the truck sickness that makes us all read and spend so much time here.

His truck is real clean in person, has a great stance and sounds good . The truck handles like an F-body, i was impressed.

So it was nice to meet a another person with the same enthusiasm for trucks and appreciates the mods youve done.

I love trucks and LSx engines, if that makes me queer than so be it LOL.

So it was great to get away this weekend and spend some time with fellow truck enthuisists, definitley got my mind off the other stuff.

Thats why i like trucks, they give ya an escape from reality sometimes that you need to help keep ya in check with lifes bullshit !!!

Cant wait to have a track day Tom , once again nice to meet you.
Ya, we got some comedians in here.

Maggie's goin on as I said I've got a few ancillary items 1st.

Ya, I'm pretty proud of how it handles. I addressed that early on. It was less costly than all the performance parts I knew I throw at it. And ya, I told u yours was faster, but mine handles.

I didn't wanna post about the family stuff, as that's personal; so if you wanted to mention we spoke of that, I wanted u to say it, not me. Thanks for kind words, way to set things straight.

And yes, this is the net, so to see a truck back it up in person, & it does, from another enthusiast is cool. That truck doesn't make any excuses. Nor do you.

Oh right, no need to lift up a mug, as u lifted so many brews that night before.

Last edited by fastnblu; 03-20-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by budhayes3
... Glad to hear that you had a good time with Tom...since you're vouching for him, guess I'll open the door when he comes knockin later this year
Jus for that, I'm gonna really stomp on ya at Atco or Island.

And maybe I or we can see if the Joisey women are as obnoxious as the guys. And yes, the women gotta have all their front teeth. I bet you've been to a few clubs.

Now you're on board w/. these others?

Thanks... I think.

Finish the 6L, then we'll talk. I wanna race ya. When the piston drops, the bullshit stops.

Quick Reply: Met a really cool guy from PT today