THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Met Stacey Davids on the set of GEARz

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 08:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You can tell he's a down to earth, true performance head. It comes across in the show. Got to meet the guys from Trucks back last fall. They were cool also. Shot the **** with them for a while. Man to have a shop set up like they do....

Can't remember his name. The younger guy from Trucks in this picture.

Name:  IMG_1570.jpg
Views: 1070
Size:  145.4 KB
Old 06-10-2009, 11:17 PM
TOWN CRIER

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Tell him to take my 91 Z28 and do something with it.

He always seemed like a cool guy to meet, he's in it for the cars, not the TV.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:17 AM
Tribe Shaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if he needs something to work on.
i have my jeep, it has been on the back burner since ike.
im too busy working on my house and just dont have time for it any more.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:11 AM
TECH Addict

He told me what he is looking for, for his next few projects. He is going to do vehicles that nobody thinks about anymore.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:32 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's pretty cool that you met him and got to check out his shop. I was kinda bummed when Spike dropped him off trucks cuz I thought the new guys were just tools. Tell him to join up I'm sure he'd like to see some of the projects going on in here.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:10 PM
traveling mod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

his shop isnt down in Franklin with the other shops is it? annnnd are you a jeeper?
Old 06-11-2009, 01:23 PM
On The Tree

Tell him nobody thinks about my 80 Buick Century anymore he can do a build up on it.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by andrew383
his shop isnt down in Franklin with the other shops is it? annnnd are you a jeeper?
No, all the shops moved to North Carolina, when they changed over to allthe new people. He is in Madison, Tn, just down the road from me.

I was a jeeper, I guess technically I am since I want another one. I don't have anything at the time being though. I want to get another grand wagoneer, but build a hotrod out of it rather then an off-roader. The doctor told me no more off-roading, my back and neck are damaged to badly.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:02 PM
traveling mod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cttandy
No, all the shops moved to North Carolina, when they changed over to allthe new people. He is in Madison, Tn, just down the road from me.

I was a jeeper, I guess technically I am since I want another one. I don't have anything at the time being though. I want to get another grand wagoneer, but build a hotrod out of it rather then an off-roader. The doctor told me no more off-roading, my back and neck are damaged to badly.
interesting...didnt know that...sucks for there "testing gounds" WITC and Woolys,ive heard a few stories about Jessie Combs and her tattoo .
Good to see that his shop is still in tn tho.

to bad you cant really get back into jeepin,we go to TB quite often
Old 09-21-2014, 11:32 AM
Teching In

Sorry to revive this five year old thread, but I know Stacey David. He's all that's been said here AND a bag of chips.

I've known Stacey since I used to be a forum moderator for RTM (aka Power Block) and Stacey was doing TRUCKS.

He left them and started his own show. A little tidbit for cttandy, Stacey's shop is right next to his OLD PLACE that RTM filmed in for numerous years before THEY moved.

cttandy, the next time you are at Rattletrap Productions, take a look at his red English wheel. My name is on it about midway up the large arm that holds the wheel. "WALLEW".

I went to the Gearz Premiere back in 07 a week before his show was starting on Speed channel.

Then I went to the second season premiere with a group of guys from his forum for Gearz, as I was the moderator for almost two years, before life got in the way and I passed it on to other folks to moderate.

You know how he has in the opening of GEARZ where he is firing those simulation fifty calibers? Those came from IRAC - http://www.iracinc.com/ - and I'm the guy who hooked him up. I'm a retired gunsmith and for ten years collected military vehicles. I recently sold almost all my MV stuff. Still have a genny and an MKT.

ANYWAY, on to the pix of his second premiere.

Met Stacey Davids on the set of GEARz-stacey-office.jpg

Stacey in his office.

Met Stacey Davids on the set of GEARz-stacey-bar-stool-.jpg

Stacey on his bar stool. I'm on the floor to his right.

Met Stacey Davids on the set of GEARz-uncle-teds-truck-08-.jpg

Uncle Ted's truck before it had to be redone a second time (long story for that one).

Met Stacey Davids on the set of GEARz-apu-powered-two-up-bar-stool.jpg

APU powered (small jet engine) two up bar stool. That sucker is loud.

Met Stacey Davids on the set of GEARz-stacey-crew-2.jpg

Stacey on his bar stool with the guys from the forum standing around him. I'm the guy on the floor to his right.

Quick Reply: Met Stacey Davids on the set of GEARz