THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Mole hunting

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 03:10 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You evil evil people!!! All they wanna do is live and love and then here you go and kill em!!

How did you kill this one?
Old 06-14-2009, 03:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I really do believe in live and let be but these critters do some serious damage to a lawn.

Killed him with a garden towel.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:33 PM
GFYS and STFU

You choke him out or something? I'm just teasing btw...I hear you on monitoring your lawn and what not.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I didn't show the bloody side... garden trowel to the back side while he was diggin in his tunnel.

On a side not, I've heard of clothing, hats and such made from mole fur. They do have a nice soft coat of fur on them.... amazing considering they spend all their time underground.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A rat terrier would love to take care of your mole problem. But then you'd have a rat terrier problem. Hmmm I'd rather have a mole problem.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is one ugly ****! We have gopher problems around our house. Nothing a little bit of poisonous gas can't take care of.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

they really like to eat worms, and grubs as well...there is caster(spelling) oil that you can spray on the grass and they do not like the smell and it will chase em away, but u have to do it about once a month...just so happens my job(LESCO) is running a sale on it...30 bucks for a gallon and a gallon does an acre...

talpirid is another killer...its a gummy worm that they eat and will belly em up...in NY u have to have a pesticides licenses to buy it but u may not need one there where u are...works really well!...

if u have grubs u should put down merit or allectus in a month or so to make sure they dont do any damage to ur lawn...right now they arnt doing anything but august is when they reek havoc...well then again thats what its like here in the Northeast so I dont know about the warmer climates...

let me know if u have any more questions to get rid of those suckers...if you want to go to a local store(if there is one by you) Ill give you my account number so u get it at cost...
Old 06-14-2009, 10:16 PM
Tribe Shaman

4th of july.
M80's
dead mole.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:11 AM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by KySilverado
I really do believe in live and let be but these critters do some serious damage to a lawn.

Killed him with a garden towel.
Originally Posted by KySilverado
I didn't show the bloody side... gardentrowel to the back side while he was diggin in his tunnel.
Ok see...this makes a little more sense!! I couldn't figure out how in the heck you killed a mole with a towel to the back of the head.
Nice kill Bob Villa!! Now get back to your tailgate!!
Old 06-15-2009, 04:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

those things destroy a yard. My parents neighbor had them bad...he put out all those trap things and god knows what else...well after 10 years they finally migrated over to our yard....looks like a maze.

Quick Reply: Mole hunting