THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Murder or Self Defense

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 10:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol I blame global warming
Old 06-06-2009, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ladies and gentlemen, Bob Dole has just joined the conversation!!! Excelsior!!!
Old 06-06-2009, 10:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cant everybody drop the off topic conversation, get back to getting along, and start talking about getting shot in the face again?
Old 06-06-2009, 10:57 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 03 BLACKOUTSSS
You missed the point. I am not saying that we play by a different rules when here in the states. We have different rules when overseas. In the Marine Corps, there is no shoot to wound. If anyone tells you different, they are lying. Its now considered Inhumane by the Geneva Convention, and therefore illegal. If it happens that whoever it is isn't killed, then that person is detained and treated, NOT RELEASED. This isn't sport fishing. Trust me, we are held to higher standard than the public because if we screw up in a social setting, we are on the news giving a bad name to the entire branch of service that we belong to.

Dude, you are from Lawton, OK. That is the pimple on the rectum of the world as far as military towns are concerned. Trust me, I travel from base to base training Soldiers, so I have been to most of them. Lawton takes the cake, plus you have primarily Heavy Artillery stationed there, you don't have to be smart to pull a lanyard. I am not saying that they are all stupid, but you probably have a higher concentration of "dumb" than you would find in other places. And yes, I can call them dumb, they are my brothers, and I love them all, even some of them are socially retarded. None the less, if you haven't chewed the same dirt with them, in my eyes, you don't have the right to call them dumbasses. They still volunteered to put there lives on the line to defend the freedoms that you exploit daily. I say 'you' and not 'us' intentionally...I earned my freedoms.

And I am not saying that I think any less of anyone that chooses not to serve, I am saying that they should show some respect to those that have and still do is all.

I'm the dumbass? You don't have to ride a ******* bull to be a "cowboy". All I was saying is that he was a little loose with his moral fiber when he made the decision to follow this kid and smoke him. I still think the kid deserved it, but I see people everyday that need to be killed, but I don't do it, why...because I am not in a situation where the law allows it.

"...and I will tell you if this happened to me I would have done about the same thing..."

You can't honestly say that because of you're next sentence. "...Most people, including myself, probably dont even know how to think in a situation like this..."

Until you have stared through the sights into the whites of someones eyes, you do not know how you are going to react. I have served with both, men that cry after killing, and men that smile. Everyone reacts differently, and until you pull that trigger, and take a life, you don't know how you are going to react.

Fellas, I apologize if I seem aggitated. I feel very strongly connected to these kids. I will always be a Marine at heart and some of these comments seemed a little bit like unjustified attacks. No offense was intended with any of my replies.
This guy comes on here talking bad about Soilders he does not even know about and telling us rules that the Geneva Convention has and he is not even active military anymore. Yeah once a Marine always a Marine. But just because you once served does not mean you know everything even though we know you are a Jarhead. And yes I have the right to say that. YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME. You gave no more than what alot of others have given. When is the last time that you Served? What was your MOS. What are you training our military to do now. Motorpool work? Please dont insult me, I did not insult you. You are way off, Yes I did serve. Just not the same way as you. I was a DOD contractor in Iraq from Dec 06 to Nov 07. I was stationed on four different bases during that time. FOB Normandy in Diyala, COB Spiecher in Tikrit, FOB Warhorse in Baqubah, and COB Victory in Baghdad. Ive probably seen more combat action than most GI's have in their time of service. You Sir should not judge books that you have never read. BTW I am a full time student now because I went over so I can become an Officer. Sorry I will say no more about this.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:04 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marlboroman71818
This guy comes on here talking bad about Soilders he does not even know about and telling us rules that the Geneva Convention has and he is not even active military anymore. Yeah once a Marine always a Marine. But just because you once served does not mean you know everything even though we know you are a Jarhead. And yes I have the right to say that. YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME. You gave no more than what alot of others have given. When is the last time that you Served? What was your MOS. What are you training our military to do now. Motorpool work? Please dont insult me, I did not insult you. You are way off, Yes I did serve. Just not the same way as you. I was a DOD contractor in Iraq from Dec 06 to Nov 07. I was stationed on four different bases during that time. FOB Normandy in Diyala, COB Spiecher in Tikrit, FOB Warhorse in Baqubah, and COB Victory in Baghdad. Ive probably seen more combat action than most GI's have in their time of service. You Sir should not judge books that you have never read. BTW I am a full time student now because I went over so I can become an Officer. Sorry I will say no more about this.
Dude. Seriously? WTF are you rambling about? Blackout is talking about THE OP (AKA THE TOPIC AT HAND) your bitching about what he knows about the military compared to what you know about the military.

No offense but take some comprehension courses while your still in college.

The stuff about Lawton was in defense of everyone else in the military. I really don't see why your complaining.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:29 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by viciousknid
Dude. Seriously? WTF are you rambling about? Blackout is talking about THE OP (AKA THE TOPIC AT HAND) your bitching about what he knows about the military compared to what you know about the military.

No offense but take some comprehension courses while your still in college.

The stuff about Lawton was in defense of everyone else in the military. I really don't see why your complaining.

Actually what I am saying is that what Blackout is saying has no effect on this case. If you start at around post number 31 you will comprehend where all the opinionated military jabber came from. I believe that I have done nothing but posted facts in referance to his bias opinions. So no offense, but I believe that you do not totally understand the evolution of the thread and its relavance, or maybe I am just mistaken and I just do not understand. Whichever it is not worth the effort anymore, I just dont take to kind to being insulted by someone that does not know me.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 03 BLACKOUTSSS
Dude, you are from Lawton, OK. That is the pimple on the rectum of the world as far as military towns are concerned. Trust me, I travel from base to base training Soldiers, so I have been to most of them. Lawton takes the cake, plus you have primarily Heavy Artillery stationed there, you don't have to be smart to pull a lanyard. I am not saying that they are all stupid, but you probably have a higher concentration of "dumb" than you would find in other places. And yes, I can call them dumb, they are my brothers, and I love them all, even some of them are socially retarded. None the less, if you haven't chewed the same dirt with them, in my eyes, you don't have the right to call them dumbasses. They still volunteered to put there lives on the line to defend the freedoms that you exploit daily. I say 'you' and not 'us' intentionally...I earned my freedoms.

And I am not saying that I think any less of anyone that chooses not to serve, I am saying that they should show some respect to those that have and still do is all.
First of all, I'm not FROM Lawton. I play baseball for a University in Lawton. Second, Fort Hood isn't too far away from Austin at all(where I am from). I have seen the different types of people

And I have every right to call them dumbasses. Every single person I am speaking about joined the military because it was a last resort next to going to prison. If they had the mindset that they were joining the military to protect our country they wouldn't be out killing each other at strip clubs, getting in random fights in bars, and finding other ways to trash the town.

Understand that I'm speaking about a very specific group of people (although a very large group). Both my parents came from military families and I have uncles who have served as well so I'm in no way bashing the military as a whole, but being in the military yourself, you should know even better than I do that there are tons upon tons of 18-21 year old kids that join the army because they have no other options and they are the ones getting into trouble, the ones that have nothing to lose.

If you don't agree with what I'm saying then you are just being naive.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Lets get the paperwork started and get this all sorted out.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:27 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Dude you have not contributed anything, all you've done is try to instigate. Do you feel left out or something?
Old 06-07-2009, 12:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

nah, the only thing I have instigated is the whiners form. What do you want me to contribute to a hijacked thread? If it makes you feel any better, I have been supporting the war fighter since 04. But I guess what I do does not entitle me to the same "freedoms" as anyone else that served. So calm down, lets get back to talking what the original post was about or ask that this thread be lock and/or deleted.

Quick Reply: Murder or Self Defense