THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Murder or Self Defense

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 12:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing can be clearly seen at all. For all we know, the pharmacist might have walked calmly over to give medical assistance, to find the other guy hiding behind something while trying to get up and reaching for something in his pocket.

I had a friend brought up on similar charges. He worked in a Gun shop, a guy walked in, tried to steal a gun, and pulled another gun on an employee. My friend, the owners son, shot and killed the man with one shot in the back. Since he was the shop owners son, and the shot was in the back, they tried to bring murder charges on him. Despite the fact the guy had a gun pointed at another person. After everything was said and done, the gun the robber pulled out was found to be empty, they tried throwing that in there as well. He was cleared of everything when it went to trial.

4 years before this, the brother-in-law of the friend at the gun shop (also my best friend), was brutal murdered, shot in the head at point blank range, along with one other guy, and another friend of mine that was shot twice in the back. My friend at the gun shop, was taking absolutely no chance of history repeating itself. I would think that would be the reaction most of us would take.

Feel free to look up the Shooting at Shrum's Auto Salvage in Ridgetop, Tn, and the shooting at Guns-n-Leather in Greenbrier, Tn, to confirm my stories.

I don't know how many people here have been in life threatening incidents. I have been, I was attacked by a man that after the initial attack, went after my wife and daughter. When I stood up, he returned after me with a blunt object. The first attacked was from behind, I suffered immediate spine and neck damage, my left shoulder was ripped out of socket, and I suffered permanent muscle damage to that shoulder, leaving me with only one arm to defend myself and my family. I was facing him on the second attack, I recall very little of what happened, I was hit in the head 3 times. All I know, in the end I had the blunt object in my hand and his eyes where rolled into the back of his head. I put my ball-cap back on and my family and I left to go straight to the police department. The other guy tried to press charges against me, but the police found that hilarious. I weighed 180 lbs the other guy weighed no less then 350 lbs.

You don't know what you would do, or what happened, ultimately because none of us were there. That is why he is going to court, so they can weigh the evidence and come to a educated decision. I think he was justified in doing so with a reasonable doubt that something was continuing to go on off screen. Reasonable doubt, is all that will be needed to clear him. However, there could be more video footage from a different angle, like in my friends case, that would prove him gulity.

Last edited by cttandy; 06-07-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

but how do you know that when stranger walks in and pulls a gun, how do you know that it is empty? Cant believe they even tried that tactic in court.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:45 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Occupational_Hazard
nah, the only thing I have instigated is the whiners form. What do you want me to contribute to a hijacked thread? If it makes you feel any better, I have been supporting the war fighter since 04. But I guess what I do does not entitle me to the same "freedoms" as anyone else that served. So calm down, lets get back to talking what the original post was about or ask that this thread be lock and/or deleted.
OK
Old 06-07-2009, 01:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh and I'm aware my posts were as off-topic as it gets, but it's something I wanted to get off my chest. It pisses me off having to see it everyday.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:05 AM
TECH Addict

but how do you know that when stranger walks in and pulls a gun, how do you know that it is empty? Cant believe they even tried that tactic in court.
That got him off, it was such a stupid ploy. There was also video of the entire thing as well. They tried to show only part of the footage to make him look bad, saying the robber was trying to flee. The defense showed the whole video, which plainly showed the guy pointing the gun at someone else.

Sorry for updating my post and adding so much to it. I am tired , but have extremely bad heart burn that is keeping me up. I didn't realize I left so much out of my initial thought.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the guy that got shot must have been friend of the d.a.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:14 AM
TECH Addict

the guy that got shot must have been friend of the d.a.
Nah, just the typical bull crap we go through around here.

Attack with a deadly weapon in TN constitutes anything you have in your hand, and carries a minimum of 4 years in jail (or did at the time). The guy that attacked me, got away with only anger management and 11/29 probation. Just the typical bull crap, because I defended myself.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thank you oklahoma for passing the make my day law which can go either way, like mentioned in the original post.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:14 AM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cttandy
You don't know what you would do, or what happened, ultimately because none of us were there. That is why he is going to court, so they can weigh the evidence and come to a educated decision.
That right there is the main problem with most jury's. The people in them lack education and common sense.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the thing that gets me the most is when evidence is entered into the court and then deemed inadmissible. If the evidence was mishandled with the slightest mistake but yet still enough to convict. How is a jury to show clear judgment without using the rejected evidence? How can you prove you based your judgment on doing so

Quick Reply: Murder or Self Defense