THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

My Bad

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 04:07 AM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Bad

Sorry about putting up a link that broke the rules. I guess posting a link like that would certainly be a rule breaker.

To be honest I pirated for years simply because I didn't have the money to buy the movies since i didn't have a job.
Ever since I've gotten a job I've used sites like that to find out what movie is worth buying. Some movies aren't even worth downloading, much less renting. I barely have enough time to get on my computer, much less go to a video store. The way I look at it is that it's not illegal for me to buy a movie and let you borrow it, so If i'm watching it online, i'm just borrowing it from the guy that posted it.
Ever since I got a job my dvd collection has Vastly grown.
I think the only thing about that site that should be illegal is that they have NEW movies on there that they obviously didn't buy on DVD.

Pappydan
I didn't know you owned a video store either.. Do you just rent or sale too? I buy all my movies from ColumbiaHouse.com but If you sell I could consider switching my business to help out a fellow speed enthusiast. I've spent a load of money on their site trying to buy all the movie's i've downloaded in the past. Still have a few more to buy that I liked. I usually buy like 5 or 6 movies at a time.

Anyway, once again, my appoligies. rules are rules.

BTW, I think that site has already been reported. Kickin' it Old School was deleted by court order already. So my guess is that they are keeping an eye on it.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:29 PM
Tribe Shaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes i sell them too.
i don't sell any of the movies here on the site because i am not a
sponcer.
many come up with ways to justify down loading movies that still in the theators
or that have not made to video yet.
me and allot of store owners look at like this, if you can afford to put gas in your tank
or shell out the money to buy a pack of smokes then you can afford to rent a movie.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:51 PM
Where's the Beef?

I don't see how they could TRY to justify sneaking a camera into a theater. I'll go to a theater to watch a movie i know is going to be good. as soon as Pirates of the Caribbean comes out i'ma go watch it.
But movie's i'm really iffy about i'll just wait until its on dvd and buy it or borrow it first to make sure i wana spend money on it.
I know for sure i'll end up buying Shrek the 3rd. my brother will probably buy spiderman 3. After watching 40 year old virgin on there last night i'm definately buying it.

I'm not saying it's right or anything, but its just convenient.

Since you sell, do you have a key word i could do a search for, or do you not sell online? I'll probably be going on another buying spree in a month or so.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:05 PM
TECH Veteran

I'll keep downloading my movies and music, thank you.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:09 PM
Where's the Beef?

Like i said, I used to download like it was crack.
I have a butt load of music, movies, n more. but ever since i got a job i haven't downloaded a single song or movie.