THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

my SS was stolen today :'(...

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my SS was stolen today :'(...

so at around 6:15 am i go outside to feed my dogs and i look out and didn't see my front bumper, walked up a bit more and I definitely didn't see the front end and than i started to tell myself "No, no fawking way my truck is gone there's now way! it can't be, nope my truck didn't get stolen from right in-front of my house!" i put my dogs food down and walk to the front of my house and sure enough GONE!!!
walked out and saw no broken glass so i assume to popped the look, the alarm was on, all windows including moon roof were closed, locked: ...

to make things better after i call the cops i think call onstar so they either track it or shut it down, get onstar on the phone and they tell me account expired in Nov of 2012!!! i had my account setup to automatically pay from my account and for whatever reason my account expired in Nov and they never contacted me to see if i wanted to keep it on, which I've always kept/paid it just incase something like this would happen or incase of an accident or something... NOPE, not the case here... before i hang up the phone the guy tells me: "well when u get ur vehicle back just press the OnStar button and we'll turn ur system back on!", i almost told the guy to go fawk himself but than realized that wouldn't solve anything...

cops got to my house i filed the report, gonna call my insurance now since i couldn't get a hold of anyone that early in the morning...

FML...

-Rob
Old 01-22-2013, 02:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn man. that sucks. Ill keep my eyes open out here. I cant believe onstar cant remotely turn it on.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

I think you need to talk to someone else at OnStar. Someone can help you out, just have to find the right person...
Old 01-22-2013, 03:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by blkssncpt
i think call onstar so they either track it or shut it down, get onstar on the phone and they tell me account expired in Nov of 2012!!! i had my account setup to automatically pay from my account and for whatever reason my account expired in Nov and they never contacted me to see if i wanted to keep it on, which I've always kept/paid it just incase something like this would happen or incase of an accident or something... NOPE, not the case here... before i hang up the phone the guy tells me: "well when u get ur vehicle back just press the OnStar button and we'll turn ur system back on!", i almost told the guy to go fawk himself but than realized that wouldn't solve anything...

****'n Onstar... that's bullshit.

If your truck was in a high speed chase the police would call them and have them disable the ******, emergency.

I think if they have the ability, they SHOULD be REQUIRED to locate a stolen vehicle.

that sucks man...
Old 01-22-2013, 04:09 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh that sucks man! I hope you get it back in pristine condition, and I hope whoever stole it slips in the shower and shatters all the bones in all of his limbs.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Call rhe cop that took the report and have him call the onstar people they should find it then.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:36 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Sorry to hear that man, I hope you get it back unmolested. And like Erik said, I hope they slip and smash their face.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man I'm sorry to hear that
Best if luck to you
Old 01-22-2013, 06:08 PM
On The Tree

Damn sorry to hear man. I hate thieves and hope whoever did it gets whatthey deserve
Old 01-22-2013, 06:31 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

oh man, my heart hurts for you. Gives me another excuse to install that streaming camera outside of my garage. Hope who ever catches them pulls all their nails off before turning them in.

Quick Reply: my SS was stolen today :'(...