THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

my SS was stolen today :'(...

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate thieves period. But in the end there just material items. Call insurance, get a check and start over a fresh truck. No reason to turn your hair gray over what you can't change. I insure my vehicles heavily and they give me replacement value versus market value. So I keep up with all the little things in or on the vehicle that add to the over all value and get a pretty healthy check that will cover the next one.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:12 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

On star CAN do it remotely... Whoever you talked to has a boss, and so does he etc etc... Keep on them man. It'll turn up.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
On star CAN do it remotely... Whoever you talked to has a boss, and so does he etc etc... Keep on them man. It'll turn up.
This... if you keep going, you'll get with someone that will help you. Especially if you had automatic debit set up on your account. Also, pull up your bank statement from November and see if there was a payment to Onstar. Their records may just be messed up.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's some bullshit!!! Call them back and keep calling them until you get your truck back. I'm praying for a safe speedy return.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Hope you get it back.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That sucks man. I hope you can get it back in showroom shape.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Damn Rob I feel for you man!!! Nothing like having something stolening from you damn thieves man!! I'd rather get robbed then someone steal my sh*t!! I wonder if they used a tow truck? You didn't hear any thing from your dogs barking or anything?
Old 01-22-2013, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thank u very guys, the words are appreciated!!! I too would like for the thieves fall in the shower and shatter something painfully, but whatever it'll come back around to them eventually...

I'll try onstar again tomorrow aswell as maybe try having the cops contact them, it just pissed me off that they wouldn't contact me about my account ending soon... Unfortunately I have no real hope for my truck being recovered not completely stripped if at all :-(, clones pop up here all the time...

I will keep u guys posted tho, I have reciepts for the majority of my after market parts so hopefully myinsurance will cover some of that... Again thnx for hearing me out fellas...

-Rob
Old 01-22-2013, 10:58 PM
Staging Lane

About 2-3 weeks ago, a girl from SSS.com also got hers stolen. Around the same area in so. cal. hers hasn't been recovered either. This truck is a clone by now... Once again sorry to hear the bad news Rob.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Really the more I hear about this BS the more I concider lo-jack in all my vehicles. The other day I almost bought one of those little gps tracking units that are like $200. That way I would know where it was if it were ever stolen. I feel like catching these slime ***** is more important than anything else. I would prefer they get thrown in jail than even more than just getting my truck back.

Quick Reply: my SS was stolen today :'(...