THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

my SS was stolen today :'(...

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 06:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow that deffinitly sucks man sorry to hear that. its a shame that theres people like that in the world.i for 1 would be all over a law that if your caught stealing you get your hands off. hope you get it back in as good of shape as it left in.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:10 AM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=blkssncpt;5055638]I'll try onstar again tomorrow aswell as maybe try having the cops contact them, it just pissed me off that they wouldn't contact me about my account ending soon...-RobQUOTE][/

i had my card #stolen that onstar has for the auto withdrawl, cancled the card and had called them when i got the new card gave that to them and a couple weeks later i hit the button cause i needed directions and they said ok we need to up date the card on file because it was declined. told them i did already, ended up having to do it again but i never got email,letter in the mail phone call saying it had been declined or no payment was made.

they deffinitly need to update their systems with some kind of notice if theres a payment issue of any kind. they should also be able to find the truck if the cops call them, its bs that as of yesterday they wouldnt help you out

-RobQUOTE][/
Old 01-23-2013, 06:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gamble686
Really the more I hear about this BS the more I concider lo-jack in all my vehicles. The other day I almost bought one of those little gps tracking units that are like $200. That way I would know where it was if it were ever stolen. I feel like catching these slime ***** is more important than anything else. I would prefer they get thrown in jail than even more than just getting my truck back.

Lo-jack wont stop them either the thieves know where they install it... On stars no better they just ditch the rear-view mirror and there not able to track it.. So if they want it there no way to stop them...
Old 01-24-2013, 08:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by gamble686
Really the more I hear about this BS the more I concider lo-jack in all my vehicles. The other day I almost bought one of those little gps tracking units that are like $200. That way I would know where it was if it were ever stolen. I feel like catching these slime ***** is more important than anything else. I would prefer they get thrown in jail than even more than just getting my truck back.
Got something like that in my 1995 Trans Am. Works awesome. best of all its local. meaning I just need a computer and internet and a active sim card in te unit and I can track real time or like a 2 second delay and and cut the engine.
Pretty straight forward to do just need to hide it. Mine has a mic and speaker so i can talk to the *** that stole it or the shop that taking it out to lunch
Old 01-24-2013, 08:59 AM
Teching In

Bro I feel ya hope you get a great replacement
Old 01-24-2013, 10:31 AM
Import Moderator

Sorry to hear this Rob, hopefully you get it back in one piece
Old 01-24-2013, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks guys, still no word on the truck :-/... i had been looking into a type of tracking system for vehicles, mainly for my datsun not the truck... this is what i was thinking about, recommended to me by another 510 owner since he has it on his vehicles and loves the system...

Aercept Mobile Asset Tracking Service

told me he's had it for a while and it works great, u can track the car live via a mobile smart phone app or on a pc, it'll tell u where the car is the speed it's traveling at and u can set perimeters of where the car can and can't go out of and as soon as it gets too close or leaves it ur phone is alerted... sounds petty awesome and maybe something i'll use on my next vehicle, iirc the guy said it was about $200 and like $20 a year for the service...

-Rob
Old 01-24-2013, 02:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

sorry for the loss man... it's stripped/chopped by now... what you think you're gonna replace it with?

Always sickening to see these threads...
Old 01-24-2013, 02:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I would smash his face if I found the person who did that to your truck
Old 01-24-2013, 05:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by blkssncpt
thanks guys, still no word on the truck :-/... i had been looking into a type of tracking system for vehicles, mainly for my datsun not the truck... this is what i was thinking about, recommended to me by another 510 owner since he has it on his vehicles and loves the system...

Aercept Mobile Asset Tracking Service

told me he's had it for a while and it works great, u can track the car live via a mobile smart phone app or on a pc, it'll tell u where the car is the speed it's traveling at and u can set perimeters of where the car can and can't go out of and as soon as it gets too close or leaves it ur phone is alerted... sounds petty awesome and maybe something i'll use on my next vehicle, iirc the guy said it was about $200 and like $20 a year for the service...

-Rob
Something except mine I manage myself, on smartphone too do it won't regret it. I love calling them out when the drive it just for fun

Quick Reply: my SS was stolen today :'(...