THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

a new breed of "kill story"

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 09:54 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a kill story like that in my 2000 Camaro SS. I'm on a 3 lane highway in the middle lane just cruisin 70mph or so, only car for about a mile in front and back(took off work early ). There is a Ford truck that is coming up and he did something that I can't remember(been too long, sucky memory ). He either cut RIGHT in front of me or waited until the absolute last second to change lanes and pass me. Well, it pissed me off seeing as how he had like a mile to change lanes if he wanted. I gunned it and passed his *** pretty quick and just kinda held him back from getting around me again once we reached other cars. He was getting pissed cause he couldn't get back around me but, finally he cuts way over and flys down through traffic cutting people off trying to get to a spot where he could get back over in front. I probably could've sped up and stopped him but, noticed a undercover cop car. He was starting to speed up and give him chase. I just laid back and sure enough the cop pulled him over and I moved over to the right lane so I could just cruise right on past him, damn that felt nice.

The only time I really raged out and brake checked someone was when they were just completely screwing with me(and everyone else behind them). It's the left lane and I'm cruisin behind this car that is just barely going faster than the other lanes. I see an opening coming up and sure as hell the guy speeds up so that no one can pass him while there is a free lane next to us. So that happens a couple times and me along with the people behind me are getting REAL impatient with this jerk. The next time I actually gunned it before he did and went to get over and do a extreme predjudice flyby when the guy cuts over and rides the line in between both lanes. At this point I was like screw it and just rode up RIGHT next to the guy, wonder his mirror didn't scratch the truck. I passed him and he throws his high beams on me. That was about all I could take, if he hadn't done that I would've just kept on gettin it and never looked back but, that was it. We were away from the other people a little cause I think we scared them so the dropped back some. Anyway, I jammed on the brakes so hard the truck was getting all squirrely. That guy dropped WAY back and never bothered me again. I've seen him one other time on my way to work and he was pulling the same crap again not letting people pass, don't know what his deal is. I passed him though.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was hanging out at a friend's work when we heard this horrendous sound of crashing metal, breaking glass, and this ungodly screeching for about 20-25 seconds. This was right on Interstate 8 by Bob Baker Ford (where my friend was working). Three of us immediately jumped over the concrete wall and ran onto the freeway where traffic was stopped.

We saw a couple of cars on the side of the road and one car upside down crossing Lanes 1 and 2 (counting from the left). The guy was still strapped in and a couple of the guys went up to see that he was pretty messed up. I saw some people pointing and talking and I went up and asked them if they saw what had happened. They said that this guy had been cutting people off and driving like a madman, when someone else started driving the same way and challenged him.

I could say more, but the point is, hurtling a fragile mass of skin and bones at 60-80 MPH in a little metal box is precarious, and can have some pretty horrendous repurcussions. Be careful out there....even when you feel like your manhood is challenged, you may want to think about just letting it go.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:45 AM
Adkoonerstrator

Next time I'll give it a thought.....right before I pass them.

I used to do all that crazy stuff when I first got my license but, after some close calls backed off considerably. Now, I pretty much just cruise with traffic and laugh watching all those people changing lanes trying to get one spot ahead. Both incidents above happened a few years ago, haven't had to deal with any jerky people in a long time plus I try to stay mellow on the road more now with all the undercover cops and what not out there.

Last edited by XLR8NSS; 12-23-2005 at 10:53 AM.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dumped a guy before. That was some funny ****. Was in the left lane and this d-bag decieded he had to get into my lane RIGHT NOW for some reason. I was getting ready to go past him and saw him start to come over. Traffic was pretty heavy and I had a dude right on my ***, so a quick stop was out of the question. He came over and clipped me and lost it into the median. Scraped the paint up a lil bit, but for the most part I had no damage. I dunno what happened to them, cuz I just kept going. I can't stand ******* drivers.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

XL8N you were the moron that did that to me?!?!?!?!?!?!?! why you lil sumina... haha jp man
Old 12-24-2005, 03:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

I dumped a guy before.
Me too. It was a Cadillac. Hit and run never got caught. Dumped him in an intersection with no other cars in sight. He was calling my little sister a **** and talking **** so when he got off work I followed him until I was in the clear. he was waiting at the light and knew I was following his ***. so when I rolled up to the light behind him and gave him a couple light taps. then powerbraked it behing him and when the light turned green and he started going i pushed him halfway through the intersection and sent him around. Not a scratch on my truck(my old 89 chev) and I got the **** out of there. ans on my way away I passed a cop who instantly hit the brakes and started tuning around. I puched it and hauled *** away from there, so I think someone saw it.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS

The only time I really raged out and brake checked someone was when they were just completely screwing with me(and everyone else behind them). It's the left lane and I'm cruisin behind this car that is just barely going faster than the other lanes. I see an opening coming up and sure as hell the guy speeds up so that no one can pass him while there is a free lane next to us. So that happens a couple times and me along with the people behind me are getting REAL impatient with this jerk. The next time I actually gunned it before he did and went to get over and do a extreme predjudice flyby when the guy cuts over and rides the line in between both lanes. At this point I was like screw it and just rode up RIGHT next to the guy, wonder his mirror didn't scratch the truck. I passed him and he throws his high beams on me. That was about all I could take, if he hadn't done that I would've just kept on gettin it and never looked back but, that was it. We were away from the other people a little cause I think we scared them so the dropped back some. Anyway, I jammed on the brakes so hard the truck was getting all squirrely. That guy dropped WAY back and never bothered me again. I've seen him one other time on my way to work and he was pulling the same crap again not letting people pass, don't know what his deal is. I passed him though.

It's always funny when some a-hole "impedes" traffic like that and when you pass em, you swerve in their lane. They get all freaked out by that! Of course, that's what I used to do, now I just ignore people. Too much crazy $hit going on out there to be caught in the middle.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:52 AM
Adkoonerstrator

Originally Posted by Element 80
It's always funny when some a-hole "impedes" traffic like that and when you pass em, you swerve in their lane. They get all freaked out by that! Of course, that's what I used to do, now I just ignore people. Too much crazy $hit going on out there to be caught in the middle.
That's the thing though. I didn't even cut this guy off when I got in front of him. I passed him and was well down the road(4-5 lengths) when I got back over. Then came the high beams so then came the brakes.

I have calmed down a lot for the same reason you mentioned above, too much crazy $hit going on.