THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

New DD...I know I'm so COOL!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 07:55 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah visibilty stinks when you have no back windows, but im getting use to the small round blind spot mirrors i put on, they help a ton.

I love the 80e in my van and how it shifts, would love to ride in a dmax with an 80e and see how it shifts/boogies down the road.

Now its time for you to completely ditch the exhaust and straight pipe all the out the back so you get that awesome turbo whine, especially at idle, The VVT turbos sound like jet planes, man they are awesome!!

Or you can make them sound like this real easy, its a nice position on my DSP5 switch. Its my " cam lope tune" lol, it lopes better in gear though.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

TIM, I hate you. You've got such nice toys

Julien, you need to get tow mirrors on it. You're going to need them anyway to tow the camper you want. When properly adjusted you have no blind spot at all, plus you can watch your trailer tires too.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:39 PM
GFYS and STFU

On my way back to LA with the trailer I kept telling myself I should get tow mirrors like the ones you have. Not sure how it would look with a van but can't look that bad. It's on my list of things to do...this list which was supposed to be small is getting longer...
Old 07-22-2012, 02:41 PM
GFYS and STFU

Tim I love that lope! Sounds...industiral/commercial. Like it has no buisness being on a public road!!
Exhaust intake and tune is on the list. I'm assuming there's a big difference between 3", 4" or 5" exhaust, bigger is better no?
Old 07-22-2012, 03:01 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
You shoulda seen Cody making fun of me while I was at his house and then I turned the Van on and as soon as he heard the Diesel his jokes just died down and he stopped making fun of me!!
NO he didn't stop, you just couldn't hear him over the noise of that stupid engine....
Old 07-22-2012, 05:26 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 391 Likes on 261 Posts

Tim I love that lope! Sounds...industiral/commercial. Like it has no buisness being on a public road!!
Exhaust intake and tune is on the list. I'm assuming there's a big difference between 3", 4" or 5" exhaust, bigger is better no?
Just like a gas turbo...anything after the turbine is a restriction, so the bigger the better.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:30 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
TIM, I hate you. You've got such nice toys
Hmmm Multi quote is not working??.

Thanks Cody , just trying to keep up with you and the reast of the jones' hahaha!
Old 07-22-2012, 05:35 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Thanks Julien, it is def different, like i said sounds lopier in gear ( i'll get a vid)

I would def do a 4'' exhaust , from the down pipe back with cat or muff.

I had a 4'' on my truck, then bought a 5'', the 5'' was def throatier , but just a tad too much, i like the 4'' lots better, it sounds perfect , and you'll love the turbo whistle/flutter. I currently have an mbrp down pipe,4'' pipe to a 5'' stack , no cat no muff.

Remember pipe is pipe, dont pay big bucks for an exhaust kit, if summit makes one for your van, it will be cheaper than a MBRP or diamond eye, their truck kits are bout 100$ and fit great, i installed one on my buds Dmax.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dsp5 ftw! Lol
Old 07-23-2012, 01:11 AM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by Atomic
Just like a gas turbo...anything after the turbine is a restriction, so the bigger the better.
Roger, figured as much. Thanks Richard

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
NO he didn't stop, you just couldn't hear him over the noise of that stupid engine....
Speaking of trucks...when's the last time you had one?

Originally Posted by TIM Z
Thanks Julien, it is def different, like i said sounds lopier in gear ( i'll get a vid)
I would def do a 4'' exhaust , from the down pipe back with cat or muff.
I had a 4'' on my truck, then bought a 5'', the 5'' was def throatier , but just a tad too much, i like the 4'' lots better, it sounds perfect , and you'll love the turbo whistle/flutter. I currently have an mbrp down pipe,4'' pipe to a 5'' stack , no cat no muff.

Remember pipe is pipe, dont pay big bucks for an exhaust kit, if summit makes one for your van, it will be cheaper than a MBRP or diamond eye, their truck kits are bout 100$ and fit great, i installed one on my buds Dmax.
So 5" is a little too throaty, I did notice that in the van since the engine is basically between me and the passenger seat that you hear the motor more but really don't hear anything in regards to the exhaust. I hear the valve chatter and piston slap (if that's what it is) and a little bit of turbo whine but not much else, especially nothing exhaust related. Anyways, because of how big of a PITA working on a van is I'm just gonna do it once and that's it, so if you say 4" is plenty(especially since I've no intention of maxing out this D-max) than I'll just stick to 4" DP and exhaust.

Also, since your running no cat and no muff what's the deal with emissions in these things? I'd rather do a cat and muff delete but don't want to have the headache come smog check time. I also plan on dumping the exhaust right before the passenger rear wheel.

Originally Posted by ltr450ryder
Dsp5 ftw! Lol
Is that a chip?

Quick Reply: New DD...I know I'm so COOL!