THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

No respect for others property..rant

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 07:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default No respect for others property..rant

Over the years the truck has collected many dings and dents, the latter as a result parking lot "hit and runs."

So I finally got around to buying a whole new rear bumper, all new plastics and had the bumper painted...Paid a good amount for all this stuff plus the sweat to remove and install everything.

I had just finished a 34 hour shift (actually 2 at 2 separate hospitals) and came out to the parking lot to find out that someone had hit the right side of the bumper and scratched the **** out of the paint and plastic. No note of course. I was so mad and wishing very bad things on the person that did it. It's just a complete lack of respect for someone's property. And mind you I was parked in the very corner of the lot with a ton of space around the vehicle.

This **** burns me and makes me wonder why I should even care anymore. Maybe should just put the money into more guns and ammo
Old 08-26-2012, 08:12 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hear ya man. It def sucks that so little people actually give a **** about their own property let alone some one elses. My mom was parked at the store one time, came out to find the front bumper of her pearl white caddy was scuffed, damaged. The person was nice enough to leave a note. It read '' Sorry I hit your car'' That was it no info or nothing. Like a slap in the face. Some people
Old 08-26-2012, 08:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Made me think of your thread too....I actually caught someone leaning on my truck bed using it as a seat about a year ago outside a bar. Confronted them and was pissed. WTF are people thinking.

Anyways, I think I can buff out most of the paint and clay it and the bumper plastic. But there is one section of the paint about 1" in length that was completely burned off to the bare metal Will have to be repainted obviously. I don't know much if anything about body work, wondering if the whole bumper would need to be repainted?
Old 08-26-2012, 08:21 PM
Baltimore Whore

A good painter can blend it, reclear a section then buff it out. Is your truck a metallic silver ?
Old 08-26-2012, 08:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Close, pewter metallic
Old 08-26-2012, 08:33 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

It amounts to a lack of attention to detail, IMO. Not enough people pay attention to what they are doing or what is in their immediate surroundings. You get a stupid look and a 'sorry', if they are even present...that **** doesn't cut it any more.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:40 PM
Baltimore Whore

Yah depending on the size of the damage it may be able to be touched up with out a complete repaint. With metallic it is hard to get the same flow pattern on a touch up, not to mention the over spray on the area's not damaged will be seen as, again the pattern will not be the same, but being such a fine fine metallic you might get lucky. Take it to a paint guy you TRUST. I do no alot of place do not even like doing lil things like this any more because they don't make any money on it. So even if it can be touched up they mite tell you it can not.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First week I brought my gmc to high school, someone put a big dent in the rear bumper and didn't leave a note. People..
Old 08-26-2012, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If its a bumper they can bend it cheaper the painting the whole thing.or you can do it your self really not that hard if you take your time prep it right.good time to learn.if you need tips on how tdys pm me
Old 08-26-2012, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every single door ding, little scratch or small dent on my truck was done by somebody else and I can recall where every single one happened. I even had somebody key the passenger side last year from headlight to taillight in a town where I didn't know anybody or have any enemies. Just some ****** jealous of my ****. People have no respect for others property period anymore.

Quick Reply: No respect for others property..rant