THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

now this is exciting. going to build a nice garage

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 07:27 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good Jim. That garage is bigger than my condo!
Old 06-23-2008, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just read everything! looks sweet Jim. looks like the garage me and my dad build up at are lake property! are garage is 28'deep and 42' wide! with 12' ceilings and a loft above everything! my dad went all out! we wired the whole garge up for speakers ( inside and outside) and PA systam. like 36 can lights downstairs! way to much otherthings to start listing! plus this is about your place not mine! its been a fun project for the last 3 years and how ever much longer it takes!

oh yea should have told me about this before you started! i could have drawn it up in CAD for ya and made it look all nice and profesional!
Old 07-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Teching In

Wow ! from your posts I can tell this has been a very rewarding project. Thanks for sharing your progress and pictures with us.

Two years ago we built a new home with 1,000 SqFt attached garage (I wish I could have built 1,900 SqFt but didn’t have the ***** to ask the wife). After the garage was complete I added Solatube lighting which are tubular “daylighting” devices to supplement the light coming in from the windows and the overhead lighting. They were cheap and easy to add after the fact and they really light up a room with daylight and they don’t compromise security like a skylight could – this has become one of the best things I’ve ever added to any lumber build.

Oh, and has this project taken you away from any Drag Week plans? Just asking – We haven’t met but I watched your Daily Driver win last and was impressed - this is the old guy who showed up and ran the Mercedes Conv into the 13’s at last years DW, what a fun week, I just signed up for this year, hope to see you there.
Hardy Handshakes, Michael
Old 08-02-2008, 09:06 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

siding guy made it back and will be done in a couple of days. got part of the floor ready to poor other than i am going to put some radiant heat tubing in the floor. slow but sure.

Old 08-02-2008, 09:10 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 40Mike
Oh, and has this project taken you away from any Drag Week plans? Just asking – We haven’t met but I watched your Daily Driver win last and was impressed - this is the old guy who showed up and ran the Mercedes Conv into the 13’s at last years DW, what a fun week, I just signed up for this year, hope to see you there.
Hardy Handshakes, Michael
no drag week this year. not soo much because of the garge. we just dont have anything new to take and didn't want to take the same car and be in the same class. nova should be ready for next year. i hope they have a good turnout so it doesn't get canceled.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Sweet Jim, lookin good! Wish I had shop space like that...
Old 08-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Self proclaimed VILLAGE IDIOT

Looks awesome! Can't wait to see the inside of it finished!
Old 08-03-2008, 07:37 AM
TECH Addict

Looks great Jim!!
Old 08-03-2008, 08:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by parish8
10,000 nails

i am about done with my part of the outside. just a couple of hours left for tomorrow. then the roofer will be here on sunday to paper it and my siding guy is going to get started on monday. lots of work this week but it was fun and went by quickly. i am real happy with how it is turning out. it feels bigger every time we get it more closed in.

that looks like a car home. you should call it the car crib...lol good work man.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:22 AM
TECH Resident

Looks awesome! Thats got to be exciting

Quick Reply: now this is exciting. going to build a nice garage