THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

now it has gone too far.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 09:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyttrash96
Ya, no big deal, just don't get caught. If you're so unaware of your surroundings that you miss a cop, you shouldn't be driving fast. Just stay alert.
Well said. i actually think that its a good idea. gotta pay for gas somehow. better to charge the guilty than the innocent.
I have drastically cut down on speeding since gas prices crossed the $4 mark, so i dont think i would have to pay the surcharge if they started enforcing it here....
Old 06-19-2008, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

I'm starting to wonder what they are going to do when they realize that ticket "revenue" is declining because of people slowing down. Criminalize more behavior? "Sorry, we've got to reduce speed limits on the interstate to 45MPH so we can avoid laying people off"
Old 06-19-2008, 02:20 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

If that was me, I'd be sure and keep going for about 45 miles to actually use up that gas fee
Old 06-19-2008, 05:13 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't really see the complaint.
It's your tax money that's buying that gas. If they can get it directly from the violators then so be it.
I always pull over right when I see lights. Or if i'm obviously going way to fast and I see one hit the brakes and flip a bitch i'll pull over before they even hit the lights. That way they don't have to haul *** to catch up with me.
A lot of them around here have just cut down on cruising and some have even switched to foot/bike patrol in the downtown area. Maybe we'll see the trend of motorcycle cops start coming back. I've only seen a few here in oklahoma that still ride.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:21 PM
Launching!

AH, Finally the home town makes the news. The town is small, but not that small. And the Holly Spring cops are some of the biggest raging hard ons that have ever pulled me over. Hope they leave me alone going home on the 4th weekend.

-Heath
Old 06-19-2008, 06:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by jknox
I'm starting to wonder what they are going to do when they realize that ticket "revenue" is declining because of people slowing down. Criminalize more behavior? "Sorry, we've got to reduce speed limits on the interstate to 45MPH so we can avoid laying people off"
You are correct sir! City and government officials and employees do not get layed off or even fired, at least very rarely. Its not like private business's that have to buckle down and work harder or invest in new technology or lay people off to stay in business.
What makes me crazy is the fact that WE the people pay for this **** to put on us!! And we just continue to take it from every form of government. If business in the private sector were run like government they would fold in a couple months time!! PERIOD!
Old 06-19-2008, 07:06 PM
Where's the Beef?

Originally Posted by TG02Z71
You are correct sir! City and government officials and employees do not get layed off or even fired, at least very rarely. Its not like private business's that have to buckle down and work harder or invest in new technology or lay people off to stay in business.
What makes me crazy is the fact that WE the people pay for this **** to put on us!! And we just continue to take it from every form of government. If business in the private sector were run like government they would fold in a couple months time!! PERIOD!
I agree with you there.
Majority of your state representatives only show up to meetings 1/3 of the time (IF that). Get paid an *** load of money. But when it comes time to look at emergency budget cutting they look at taking funding away from schooling, or roads, but never cut their own damn salaries. Gotta pay for those summer houses and expensive cars.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by viciousknid
Maybe we'll see the trend of motorcycle cops start coming back. I've only seen a few here in oklahoma that still ride.
Saw one going to work on NW Expressway on the side of the road with the radar out. I've seen one in Stillwater but those are the only two I've ever seen.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:58 AM
TECH Veteran

If it's costing cops so much in gasoiline why do they not drive a Prius?!?!?!?
Does every police car have to be capable of 140mph for pursuits??
Come on really??? STUPID.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:20 AM
Where's the Beef?

Originally Posted by TG02Z71
If it's costing cops so much in gasoiline why do they not drive a Prius?!?!?!?
Does every police car have to be capable of 140mph for pursuits??
Come on really??? STUPID.
Well.. I wouldn't say prius. I mean, they do have to keep up with traffic and pass people if they wish to catch a speeder.
The sheriff's dept where I work has Chargers, but they always park. The only time I see them moving is to get from the station to a spot or back.

Quick Reply: now it has gone too far.