THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

now it has gone too far.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 08:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thiems
A lot of other services have an additional fuel surcharge so I don't really see a big deal with this one. Plus, you have the option of not paying this one. Don't speed.
They will pull you over and ticket you when you are not speeding sometimes. When they do you are screwed three times. Fine for speeding, fine for gas surcharge and your insurance goes up.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:29 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They should have just upped the price of the ticket & then it wouldn’t have bothered anyone. Unfortunately everything is going to go up in price due to the cost of fuel. Some companies show it as a fuel surge charge & others just raise the price of the product. The end all users will pay for it. It sucks for everyone.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:41 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

that has just set the tone...another county here near ATL is now attempting to adopt a similar fuel surcharge...
Old 06-20-2008, 10:32 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It does **** me off the government never "withdrawals". If you swing a hammer or carry a set of Kleins your job is always on the line and swings with the economy. If you answer the phones and/or process paperwork for the government your job is rarely on the line and NEVER swings with the economy. They do cut jobs here and there, but it is NO where near what it should be.

Our county got busted for speeding up yellow light timing at the stop lights that have red light camera's. Has any body lost their job over that injustice? No ofcourse not.

I bet my industry (subcontractors) is the only ones NOT raising prices. We have to lower our prices in bad times because now that there is bad times EVERYBODY is competing, even the crappy residential subs are giving prices for high end commercial work. Gas prices cut into profit, not our margin. (rant over, I just paid our 7K monthly fuel bill which was normally 3K)

I say don't speed, but you'll still lose..."The Man" will get his funds, rather it be an "adder" on a speeding ticket or raising property taxes, battery tax, what ever...they'll get it.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by quicksilverado
They will pull you over and ticket you when you are not speeding sometimes. When they do you are screwed three times. Fine for speeding, fine for gas surcharge and your insurance goes up.
Maybe I'm out of touch with reality here but how many times have you been pulled over and given a speeding ticket when you were not actually breaking the speed limit? The surcharge doesn't apply to non-moving violations and insurance doesn't increase on non-moving violations.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TG02Z71
If it's costing cops so much in gasoiline why do they not drive a Prius?!?!?!?
Does every police car have to be capable of 140mph for pursuits??
Come on really??? STUPID.
You have spewed some of the most ignorant crap I have ever seen posted on a public discussion forum.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:39 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A lot of other services have an additional fuel surcharge so I don't really see a big deal with this one. Plus, you have the option of not paying this one. Don't speed.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:46 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by quicksilverado
I dont know what its like in GA but Ive never been pulled over for a moving violation that I didnt commit, come to think of it Ive been let off a couple times because the cop was nice and I was polite and respectful.

I think the standard cop car should be something besides chargers and crown vics, I can understand for highway patrol but a big roaring gas guzzling V8 is NOT needed for 90% of cops out there.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Maybe I'm out of touch with reality here but how many times have you been pulled over and given a speeding ticket when you were not actually breaking the speed limit? The surcharge doesn't apply to non-moving violations and insurance doesn't increase on non-moving violations.
2 years ago headed to the track as a matter of fact. Following a friend through a small town. Passed a cop. he did a u-turn and pulled me over. He said I was going 75 in a 55. I asked him how fast the white T/A in front of me was going. He said 55. I told him I was following him and going the same speed. He called me a liar and said I must have been trying to catch up.

Got 2 tickets in the last 8 months from local cops for running stop signs when I completely stopped. I followed the 1st cop that ticketed me for running to red lights and told him what he did. He said he only had to make sure no one was coming since he was a cop.

Needless to say the revenue generators can kiss my ***. I have no respect for the police whatsoever.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Colby 04
You have spewed some of the most ignorant crap I have ever seen posted on a public discussion forum.
What is ignorant about that statement. They pull people over on bicycles, which are much slower than a Prius.

Quick Reply: now it has gone too far.