THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

!!!The Official Workout and Fitness Thread!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 03:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hamstring!...haha yea def stretch you could get real hurt...esp your back
Old 09-29-2010, 07:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so who uses what????? looking for fat loss and muscle gainer supplements
Old 09-29-2010, 08:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SLOXCAB
What up guys...I'm 6'2" 238 I was 273 at the end of may. Just been eating right,running my *** of and lifting like a madman..anyone has any suggestions of a good cutter and maybe a gainer?? All I'm taking now is jacked,redline pill form and protein
I'm not a certified trainer of any sort but you need to decide first if you want to add mass (the gainer) you referred to, or shred down (the cutter) you referred to. Next, I do not recommend doing more than one pre-work out energizers. Decide if you want to finish the Jack3d or the Redline pills first, that's waay too much caffine in your body at once IMO.

Let me know what your first goal is and I can recommend a couple things. Proteins also vary on your goal, there's real pure ones if you're trying to cut and there's hundreds that can help add size in addition to healing the muscles.

I've never been a fan of the guys who take hydroxycut and or lipo or whatever and a mass gainer at the same time... it's defeating eachs' purpose and boils down to a waste of money.

Again, I'm a nobody but if I can help anybody on here I'm more than happy to.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:39 PM
TECH Addict

ive been back into hitting the weights a couple times a week . i was 207 in april @ 6'0" . too many burritos and summer was here so i started into cutting started taking a bit of some weight loss stuff my bro n law gave too me . i cant think of the name but its like something j-acid in powder . it pretty mush turns calories into testasterone . it has worked fantastic but im not on it anymore. it got me down to 170 about a month ago . with working wieghts and running 1 mile a few times a week ( not a tredmill on the street up hills) . not im happy with my weight and im going for getting bulky but still cut. ill be happy with 185-190 muscle. my preacher curl right now is awesome but im lacking in bench . also started to work legs in as much as possible . its just hard to work the next few days after a hard leg workout. but squats and lunge's kick ***. im pretty limited on workout routines as i just have my bench press/preacher curl/ squat rack . im bringing a huge machine that has about every possible machine you could want from a weight room . plan to look like a jersey shore candidate by the beggining on next year.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:31 PM
TECH Veteran

I am also not a certified personal trainer(although I plan on going through the process next year.

The biggest problem I see is that people want to lose fat, gain muscle, and they want to do it fast and at the same time.

There are diets(carb cycling) that allow you to slowly build muscle while cutting fat, but bottom line is that it's much easier to put yourself on a cutting(losing weight) or bulking(gaining weight) diet.

Second, I am a big believer in training 99% without supplements. Supplements, are just that....they fill in the holes to an imperfect diet. If you eat lean red meat, chicken, fish, vegetables, and have a well balanced diet, you don't need to take any supplements.

Let me also say that 99% of the stuff out there(that is legal), isn't worth the money. The best pre-workout supplement for the money is a bottle of $5 No-Doz caffeine from the grocery store.

Another huge mistake I see is that people take the closest legal option to steriods.....Orals. They are hell on your liver, and unless you do extensive research on them, you can seriously ruin your body if you take them improperly.

I can go on and on, but I'm a huge huge believer that 90% of your success comes from your diet, and the other half comes from your success in the weight room.

Also, running a mile is kind of a joke in regards to weight loss. It's good for general health, but anything under 3 miles is not going to be worth the time. I laugh at all the girls that ask me why they aren't losing weight after they run a mile 3 times a week. They probably burned about 150 calories(at most) running that one mile.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:41 PM
TECH Addict

I agree with all that but my personally was just looking for idea for losing weight and then once my goal weight is reacherd then bulk up some more..I don't need to look like arnold but I just need to be strong..I run my *** off everyday now along with massive cardio workouts and my mma gym..I've dropped almost 40 pounds in over 3 months but still have another 30 to go until I can really bulk up
Old 09-30-2010, 02:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2004sss
ive been back into hitting the weights a couple times a week . I was 207 in april @ 6'0" . Too many burritos and summer was here so i started into cutting started taking a bit of some weight loss stuff my bro n law gave too me . I cant think of the name but its like something j-acid in powder . It pretty mush turns calories into testasterone . It has worked fantastic but im not on it anymore. It got me down to 170 about a month ago . With working wieghts and running 1 mile a few times a week ( not a tredmill on the street up hills) . Not im happy with my weight and im going for getting bulky but still cut. Ill be happy with 185-190 muscle. My preacher curl right now is awesome but im lacking in bench . Also started to work legs in as much as possible . Its just hard to work the next few days after a hard leg workout. But squats and lunge's kick ***. Im pretty limited on workout routines as i just have my bench press/preacher curl/ squat rack . Im bringing a huge machine that has about every possible machine you could want from a weight room . Plan to look like a jersey shore candidate by the beggining on next year.
gtl!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2010, 02:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SLOXCAB
I agree with all that but my personally was just looking for idea for losing weight and then once my goal weight is reacherd then bulk up some more..I don't need to look like arnold but I just need to be strong..I run my *** off everyday now along with massive cardio workouts and my mma gym..I've dropped almost 40 pounds in over 3 months but still have another 30 to go until I can really bulk up
Another mistake people make is that people say "I don't want to look like Arnold" You aren't going to wake up overnight and have 22" arms. I'm a firm believer that if you want to bulk, you need to train with the goal of increasing your max 1 rep lifts.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:59 PM
TECH Addict

Lol come on man looking like arnold was just an example it takes decades to look like that....**** it I'm just gonna slam some winny and drop the rest of my weight along with my current workout and diet should go rather fast
Old 09-30-2010, 03:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RandomHero
I am also not a certified personal trainer(although I plan on going through the process next year.

The biggest problem I see is that people want to lose fat, gain muscle, and they want to do it fast and at the same time.

There are diets(carb cycling) that allow you to slowly build muscle while cutting fat, but bottom line is that it's much easier to put yourself on a cutting(losing weight) or bulking(gaining weight) diet.

Second, I am a big believer in training 99% without supplements. Supplements, are just that....they fill in the holes to an imperfect diet. If you eat lean red meat, chicken, fish, vegetables, and have a well balanced diet, you don't need to take any supplements.

Let me also say that 99% of the stuff out there(that is legal), isn't worth the money. The best pre-workout supplement for the money is a bottle of $5 No-Doz caffeine from the grocery store.

Another huge mistake I see is that people take the closest legal option to steriods.....Orals. They are hell on your liver, and unless you do extensive research on them, you can seriously ruin your body if you take them improperly.

I can go on and on, but I'm a huge huge believer that 90% of your success comes from your diet, and the other half comes from your success in the weight room.

Also, running a mile is kind of a joke in regards to weight loss. It's good for general health, but anything under 3 miles is not going to be worth the time. I laugh at all the girls that ask me why they aren't losing weight after they run a mile 3 times a week. They probably burned about 150 calories(at most) running that one mile.
This is very true!
Like I have seen first hand from my diets abs come from the kitchen. People fromt he gym or friends of mine ask what it takes to get abs. They say well I do x amount of crunches and ab machines and cardio and I just cant see results. Its ALL about what you eat and how you eat it...