THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

OSAMA BIN LADEN IS DEAD!!!!!!! wooooo

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 06:35 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^ You cant be serious if ammo prices went up that much since 06 it cant be all of Obamas fault since Bush was in office half that time. And could some of the problem be the tailspin Bush put our economy in over the 8 years he was in office with massive tax breaks and massive spending increases at the same time. That does wonders for the value of the dollar. You cant bad mouth Clinton too bad When he left office we were heading for a budget surplus. Also you really dont have to worry the price of ammo going up because if we had another 8 years of republicans in the whitehouse we wouldnt be able to afford gans and bullets! Sorry about my rant I know the rules say no political talk but this thread is full of anti-liberal talk.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Praise The Lowered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 05-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As long as everyone stays civil about it like the past political threads have been we dont mind it too much. In general it seems the truck guys tend to stay fairly well behaved when we all talk about the subjects cordially.

On the ammunition deal, I bought those boxes when I first bought my SA XD 40, I didnt buy any more until recently but I do know for a fact that the prices went up exponentially shortly after Obama took office. Why? Because the jackass proposed a 500% ammo tax and it got everyone nervous so everyone bought everything up. Thus causing a massive inflation in ammunition prices. Some of it is due to the rise in cost of the metals to make the ammunition but it wouldnt be nearly as bad if he hadnt pulled his circus style sideshow antics.

Id have to say the way the Clinton adminstration left the economy was simply a crutch waiting to be knocked out from underneath the American people. The large spending during the Bush administration was in large part due to the war. Agree with it or not. I still feel we should be getting the oil coming from the Iraqi wells, they wouldnt have those had the American tax payer not paid dearly for the military actions over there to root out Sadaam. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that in general Republicans are more fiscally responsible than Democrats because dems want to keep all the social program fat in the budget, republicans dont.

Also what a lot of people who complain about the "rich" getting tax breaks fail to realize is that those breaks trickle down to the little man. Who do you think owns the companies that the "poor" guy works for? The rich man having more money in his pocket means he has more to spend, whether it be investing in new properties or business ventures, more money into his current projects etc. I work for a construction inspection company and deal with millionaires on an almost daily basis as those are our clients. People who bank roll large construction projects. When theyve got money to spend think of all the money that goes to the blue collar worker for building the rich guys building whatever it may be.

Things arent as black and white as you may like to make them out to be. I really encourage people to actually do some research for themselves rather than listen to ANYTHING you hear on TV no matter the channel. All TV is biased not just fox news as most liberals would have you believe. The whole situation the US is in, is quite scary once you know(well think lol) everything. Im all for being educated on the the US's current state but my opinion is based on what Ive read and formulated for myself, everyone else should do the same. Maybe you can provide me with some info that I didnt know about that oculd change my opinion...
Old 05-07-2011, 12:05 AM
I hate my cats

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think I'm too poorly informed. Ya, the economy crash was caused in a big way by defaulted mortgages, but not completely because of deadbeats. Medical costs took a lot of people's priority over their house notes, and there was some horrible forgery and fraud on the banks' end, resulting in banks flat out stealing people's homes. And if Bubba's sub-prime mortgage idea was so terrible (and it was), Gee Dub could have done something about it in the 8 years he was at the helm. And a lot of people question the necessity of the war in Iraq, and Lord knows that isn't cheap.

Someone drop a knowledge bomb on me here: Has Obama actually done anything to make ammo prices go up? I really don't know. I know a lot of people feared that he WOULD make it harder for firearm enthusiasts. So opportunists thought their ARs and AKs were gonna be a collector's item soon and gouged potential buyers. But has Obama actually passed any legislation that makes brass pricier? I recall hearing about a proposed bill limiting the number of rounds you guys can legally load into a mag, after a kneejerk reaction when Gabrielle Giffords was shot. (Fun fact, here in Canada, AKs are completely illegal, and rifle mags have to be pinned to 5 shots.) And I agree that making the reloading equipment harder to get is bullcrap. And for the record, firearms have been taken away from their owners. Through door to door confiscations in New Orleans after Katrina. But in all fairness, that was done by corrupt cops, not Bush.

I don't quite agree that the tax cuts for the rich are good for the economy because they trickle down to create jobs for the poor. Somewhat, but not as good as putting money in the pockets of the poor would. (Rich people are rich because they're good with money and save it. And poor people spend money, which is good for the economy.) General Electric cranked out 14 billion in profit and they're paying NOTHING in income tax. I'm sure their tax returns limit their employment capacity way less than how many defense contracts they win.

But, back on track, as much as I wish it would, I don't think Osama's death will ultimately end the war. Can anyone tell me what will anymore? Anyhow, I say good job to anyone who finished that job, directly and indirectly. I'm glad I'm not on the same planet as that douche canoe anymore.

Last edited by Wyttrash96; 05-07-2011 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:14 AM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by fastrt
Which part? or all of it? I get fired up sometimes.....but have always been a fan of kill them all and let God sort them out.
Your idea with regards to pig skin would enrage/**** off an entire religion and culture that has nothing to do with what Osama was or what he claim to represent. And disrespecting the dead never wins brownie points with anybody, friend or foe.

And I can only assume that were kidding but dropping nuclear bombs on the middle east as a whole is ignorant and hateful. Having spent time in various places abroad, OUR ignorance as a Americans concerning other people and cultures is just as bad, if not more so because of our arrogance, than the ignorance of those overseas who wish to do us harm.

Most people hate because it's what everyone else is doing...

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Things arent as black and white as you may like to make them out to be.
At this point, things are just that Cody. Just look at this thread. This thread at this point has less to do with the death of Osama Bin Laden than it does with whether Obama should get any credit for it being carried out on his watch. People will hate on Obama regardless of what he does in office because they just don't like him, it's as simple as that, Black and White. Just like every President, he's made some dumb moves in office relating to defict spending, gun control, and taxes among others. But the guy could cure cancer and people will say it was not his doing or what have you.
If Bush had still been in office I doubt anyone would claim that Bush had nothing to do with it and/or come up with all these reasons why Bush shouldn't be able to claim any of the credit. If this had happened when Bush was in office he probably would of been in the same chair as Obama giving the green light just as Obama did. But what's Black is not white and the Haters will Hate just because they can.

Originally Posted by Wyttrash96
...as that douche canoe anymore.
Never heard that one before!!!
Old 05-07-2011, 06:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The solution to war in the Middle East is really simple but it would have to be a world wide thing. What would that thing be? Well lets just say that one thing separates the middle east from the Chinese and us Americans and the Indians "from India" The one stupid thing that most of the planet believes. The thing that some idiot with no education and no knowledge started. The thing that was used thousands of years ago to control people with fear. The thing that blossomed much much further than the control aspect. Awareness of this massive world wide hoax would set lots of people free.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread got stupid in a hurry.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

I think the thread has gone far enough. I believe everyone has made their point.

And to answer your quesyion, Obama hasn't gotten any anti gun legislation passed, the stuff he has proposed has been enough to drive inflation up on firearms.