THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Over my dead body

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 09:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep the tone of this thread down. It is very borderline on the site rules.

My only comment is "What happen to enforcing the laws" Legal......Illegal.....I could give a hoot to what nationality the issue is over. If you break a U.S. law, why is it that anyone should even consider they should not be punished by U.S. law.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:21 PM
Launching!

I couldn't agree with you more as far as being "illegal" and following rules! That would be like everyone that recieve a speeding ticket in the houston metro area, coming together and protesting the citations because these speeding tickets "are not right"! The judge would laugh in our faces and tell everyone to either take the appropriate measures to resolve them or we go to jail! one or the other!!! So why not treat these people the same!? These people walk our streets and use our tax dollars while being ILLEGAL and legally have no right to even be in this country!! If thats going to be overlooked, then I say turn every Highway and byway in the houston area into an autobond and let us GO!!
Old 05-09-2006, 09:36 PM
TECH Addict

All I have to say is what in God's name happened to treason laws!? And now that the terrorist got away with life in prison for killing thousands on 9/11... I don't even know what to think anymore about the government.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Out1aw
All I have to say is what in God's name happened to treason laws!? And now that the terrorist got away with life in prison for killing thousands on 9/11... I don't even know what to think anymore about the government.
Life in prison was the right move. Executing him would have made him a martter and made him some sort of hero. Living the rest of his life in a 6x6 cell and seeing the Sun for one hour a day is much better

But I agree with you. For that guy there is no form of execution to long.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:17 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So if they legalized all the illegals here, that would mean they are legally here. If that's the case, you guys are just upset at the semantics of it?

I don't think so since I also hear many say they don't want amnesty. The only Southern American countries that have some sort of an immigration plan is El Salvador, Guatemala and Columbia I believe. I also don't think so because all I hear is, "Send those ******* back to Mexico!" There are illegals here from European countries, but because they have blonde hair and blue eyes, no one suspects they're illegal.
What gives?

Oh yea, the media only published images with people holding foreign flags even though the majority of the flags being waved at the protests were U.S. flags.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Chingon
So if they legalized all the illegals here, that would mean they are legally here. If that's the case, you guys are just upset at the semantics of it?

I don't think so since I also hear many say they don't want amnesty. The only Southern American countries that have some sort of an immigration plan is El Salvador, Guatemala and Columbia I believe. I also don't think so because all I hear is, "Send those ******* back to Mexico!" There are illegals here from European countries, but because they have blonde hair and blue eyes, no one suspects they're illegal.
What gives?

Oh yea, the media only published images with people holding foreign flags even though the majority of the flags being waved at the protests were U.S. flags.
Illegal is illegal regardless of country of origin. The thing that gets my blood boiling in those pics is NO flag should ever fly higher then our American flag on our soil. EVER.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:56 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by GoldenVelvet
Illegal is illegal regardless of country of origin. The thing that gets my blood boiling in those pics is NO flag should ever fly higher then our American flag on our soil. EVER.
I wasn't in disagreement with you about the flag issue. I don't like it either. My point was the semantics and that even though an Anglo/European might be illegal, they aren't questioned.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:29 AM
TECH Veteran

If its soo bad in Mexico that everyone there is trying to get here don't you think they should start their own revolution and fix their own country?!
We did it back in 1776 and since then everone has been flocking here.
I say let them make their own country as good as ours, then we can migrate down there for the warm weather and jobs like they do here.
Every summer our younger generation would be going there for work and fun in the sun, hell its warmer there all year round I would move there too if it wasn't run by rebels and you risked the possiblity of being shot or jailed for anything they see fit.
Just a thought people, why do you leave you native land, then try to turn some other land into what you just left?? You left for a reason, just like when all the europeans came here to escape everything bad over there.
This land did not turn into little germany, france, spain, ireland, italy...etc. Its a mix of all, we all learned to speak one language for the sake of communication.
If you like to speak spanish great, just learn english too. If I moved anywhere on this planet and could not speak the native tounge I sure as hell would learn it quick!! How could you not?? Just makes sense to anyone really.

This subject will really go nowhere as long as the morons on both sides are allowed to speak there minds, it needs to be fixed by people of intelligence and forsight, not a bunch of red-necks on both sides.
Thyere are people in both communites that could handle this, they need to put their differences aside for a bit.
The whole thing is really not that hard to fix or make right. There is a bittertaste for each other on both sides of this issue, we need to forget the past, learn from it a little and fix it for the future..NOW!!
Old 05-11-2006, 01:53 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by TG02Z71
Just a thought people, why do you leave you native land, then try to turn some other land into what you just left?? You left for a reason, just like when all the europeans came here to escape everything bad over there.
This land did not turn into little germany, france, spain, ireland, italy...etc. Its a mix of all, we all learned to speak one language for the sake of communication.
If you like to speak spanish great, just learn english too. If I moved anywhere on this planet and could not speak the native tounge I sure as hell would learn it quick!! How could you not?? Just makes sense to anyone really.

This subject will really go nowhere as long as the morons on both sides are allowed to speak there minds, it needs to be fixed by people of intelligence and forsight, not a bunch of red-necks on both sides.
Thyere are people in both communites that could handle this, they need to put their differences aside for a bit.
The whole thing is really not that hard to fix or make right. There is a bittertaste for each other on both sides of this issue, we need to forget the past, learn from it a little and fix it for the future..NOW!!
Good post. No, great post
Just a thought though, the US could go into Mexico and fix it. Why would we do that you ask? Well, we did it in Iraq, why not to our close neighbors? I don't think this land is not turning into Mexico. Here in L.A. we have little Tokyo, little Armenia, etc. Why don't people complain about those places? Yes, in downtown the majority speak Spanish. We should'nt HAVE to learn Spanish or any other language for that matter, but it would make you more valuable if you did. I learned Spanish, not because I had to but because so many people around me speak it I just picked it up. I also learned Italian. Why? Because I wanted to, not because I know anyone who speaks it. If you have an IQ higher than 12 it really isn't that difficult.
I am split on both sides of the argument because both have good points. I don't mind if people come here to work and better themselves because that's what America is all about and is why many of our ancestors came here in the first place, but yes, there should be some sort of system and I don't think deporting them all is a good system.
Why would we turn our backs to immigrants especially when this great country was built by them?
Old 05-11-2006, 02:00 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Chingon
Why would we turn our backs to immigrants especially when this great country was built by them?

Not turning our backs at all....Just asking them to enter the country legally.

Quick Reply: Over my dead body