THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Over my dead body

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 02:19 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chingon it's not an IQ thing with langauge learning, it's brain training. You already have learned one extra langague, the matter of learning another is easier for you. A third is even easier...you are exposed to alot of variety in syllable structure and so forth. I am alright with the IQ but my lower exposure to a variety of langauges and sylables makes it harder for me to learn other langauges.

But with that said I agree...a common langauge is much better for all. It gives us all a sense of national worth. The real problem or battle is ignorance. Most backassward rednecks and blue collar folk (the majority of the country) think their past "kin" were always americans. Empathy not sympathy is needed here. BUT, American government really needs to start to defend the idea of being American. If I speed I get a ticket (if caught), if I kill I get jailed (or killed back,LOL)...breaking a societal law is illegal. If the society as a majority doesn't like the law, then the citizens, THE CITIZENS should change it, the American way.

By the way they would revolt and fix their own country if there was anything to fix. Everybody comes here now because we are established, natural resources are abundant (for now), and commerce is flourishing. Back in 1776 nobody had anything flourishing (on today's scale). Mexico people have revolted in the past, they still have nothing.

Illegal workers only bother me because I have to pay more freaking taxes. If they would pay taxes and the businesses would get punished more for hiring them our taxes wouldn't be so damn big.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Not turning our backs at all....Just asking them to enter the country legally.
EXACTLY
Old 05-11-2006, 06:35 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

if we did just legalize the illegals the rest of the world would know our border policy is a joke...it is, but but we dont need to prove it.

i say we cut the IRS after the bastards. IMS dosent have enough power to push imigrants back, but as we all know the IRS are el cream de la crop BADASSES. i say we cut the IRS loose on construction contractors, resteraunts, roofers and anyone else who can easily pay out of pocket for "cheaper labor." when theres no work left because businesses are afraid of the fines, they will eventually be forced back to wherever they came from, then to go through the process necessary to come back legally and keep a job in the us.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:53 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Not turning our backs at all....Just asking them to enter the country legally.
It's obvious you know nothing about the immigration policies of your own country. Some can't enter legally. If you had bothered to read my post only a few countries have permanent resident status, others have none or a temporary resident status which means they have to return to their countries after a certain period of time. If it was so easy to "enter the country legally" they would.
Now that our government is suggesting they grant amnesty to the ones already here, people are upset. Many of those same people are the ones saying that it has nothing to do with ethnicity. As I said before, I'll give those people the benefit of the doubt and say they are upset about the semantics of it. If it doesn't in fact have nothing to do with race, then why would those same people care what the immigrants are labeled? If they are upset that they are here "illegally" then just legalize them(but make them learn English, among other things)...problem solved. Right?

Originally Posted by GoldenVelvet
EXACTLY
I'm still waiting on those facts that illegals take more than they give back. IM me. Just because you said it doesn't make it truth. I already realize you're one of those people that always has to be right.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:21 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
Chingon it's not an IQ thing with langauge learning, it's brain training. You already have learned one extra langague, the matter of learning another is easier for you. A third is even easier...you are exposed to alot of variety in syllable structure and so forth. I am alright with the IQ but my lower exposure to a variety of langauges and sylables makes it harder for me to learn other langauges.

But with that said I agree...a common langauge is much better for all. It gives us all a sense of national worth. The real problem or battle is ignorance. Most backassward rednecks and blue collar folk (the majority of the country) think their past "kin" were always americans. Empathy not sympathy is needed here. BUT, American government really needs to start to defend the idea of being American. If I speed I get a ticket (if caught), if I kill I get jailed (or killed back,LOL)...breaking a societal law is illegal. If the society as a majority doesn't like the law, then the citizens, THE CITIZENS should change it, the American way.

By the way they would revolt and fix their own country if there was anything to fix. Everybody comes here now because we are established, natural resources are abundant (for now), and commerce is flourishing. Back in 1776 nobody had anything flourishing (on today's scale). Mexico people have revolted in the past, they still have nothing.

Illegal workers only bother me because I have to pay more freaking taxes. If they would pay taxes and the businesses would get punished more for hiring them our taxes wouldn't be so damn big.
Another good post. Yes, I understand that my learning of different syllable structure and so forth makes it easier for me to learn another languages. My point was anyone of you guys can learn another language, maybe not fluently, but enough to be able to communicate. It bugs me when fellow Americans say they don't have to learn another language in their own country. It's not about that, learning another language only helps you. I worked with an Anglo guy(American) who was against all sorts of immigration and he spoke Spanish and some French I believe.
Like I said, I'm all for legal immigration too but as the law is now it doesn't allow for some to do so.
About paying taxes, oh they do. When they apply for jobs with their fake Social Security cards, etc. those funds taken from each paycheck go into what I believe is called an "earnings suspense file" in the hopes that someday it would figure out whom they belonged to. Heh, yeah right. Mo' money for the government. Since 1986, the Immigration Reform and Control Act set penalties for employers who knowingly hire illegal immigrants. What gives?

Here are some facts:
-$189 billion worth of wages ended up recorded in the suspense file over the 1990's, two and a half times the amount of the 1980's.
-In the current decade, the file is growing, on average, by more than $50 billion a year, generating $6 billion to $7 billion in Social Security tax revenue and about $1.5 billion in Medicare taxes.
-In 2002 alone, the last year with figures released by the Social Security Administration, nine million W-2's with incorrect Social Security numbers landed in the suspense file, accounting for $56 billion in earnings, or about 1.5 percent of total reported wages.

Here's an interesting article I just found....Goldenvelvet you read this especially
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...ret_stash.html
And I quote, "So why isn't more being done to police the spread of SSN theft? Because there's too much profit to be made from it, and not just by the thieves themselves."
Old 05-12-2006, 08:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Chingon
About paying taxes, oh they do. When they apply for jobs with their fake Social Security cards, etc. those funds taken from each paycheck go into what I believe is called an "earnings suspense file" in the hopes that someday it would figure out whom they belonged to. Heh, yeah right. Mo' money for the government. Since 1986, the Immigration Reform and Control Act set penalties for employers who knowingly hire illegal immigrants. What gives?

Here are some facts:
-$189 billion worth of wages ended up recorded in the suspense file over the 1990's, two and a half times the amount of the 1980's.
-In the current decade, the file is growing, on average, by more than $50 billion a year, generating $6 billion to $7 billion in Social Security tax revenue and about $1.5 billion in Medicare taxes.
-In 2002 alone, the last year with figures released by the Social Security Administration, nine million W-2's with incorrect Social Security numbers landed in the suspense file, accounting for $56 billion in earnings, or about 1.5 percent of total reported wages.

Here's an interesting article I just found....Goldenvelvet you read this especially
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...ret_stash.html
And I quote, "So why isn't more being done to police the spread of SSN theft? Because there's too much profit to be made from it, and not just by the thieves themselves."

this is a good post chingon, I posted something similar here but as you see alot of people are close minded, and after I posted it nobody responded back so it might happen here again....
Old 05-12-2006, 09:05 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chingon
About paying taxes, oh they do. When they apply for jobs with their fake Social Security cards, etc. those funds taken from each paycheck go into what I believe is called an "earnings suspense file" in the hopes that someday it would figure out whom they belonged to.
Yeh but those "funds" taken from their paychecks is washed pay to them...you know? They will work for nothing, whats another 12.6% and 3.2% coming from their check if they get another buck an hour or more. Instead of 7 bucks they make 8.50 an hour. Again the system was created to stop illegal workers, but as the referenced article reads it works for them. Hell they aren't "illegal" anymore, they are paying taxes like the rest of us...just with an illegal SS#. This is EXACTLY the problem with big government, knee jerk legislature in 1986 caused an even bigger problem with the exact thing they were trying to fix. Now, what motivation does either politcal party have to fix it... "Liberals won't go after it because they support immigrant rights. Conservatives won't stop it because they support cheap labor and corporate profit ... there's no constituency"

I agree with the philosophy and assesments of that article, but I disagree with how they elude that there is "actually" a bank account somewhere that has 500 billion in it of unclaimed funds. BWAAAHH...the government doesn't put money in bank accounts for someone to claim it at some point. It was spent as soon as the employer gave it to them. And probably on another stupid social program that takes three DC blocks of buildings to administer. I see your point that since there is an actual tax taken from there illegal SS# that they really are contributing and it is in sense keeping our taxes lower, it's not enough to me. 1.5% of 2002 total earning was unreported(unclaimed). I betcha there's more that wasn't even half legal, as in no W-2's, no tax collected at all. There's more to collect and keep ours even lower. Hell, my dad is guilty of it. (Middle aged white guy)

That article nails one point for me, the government (by our elections) is the biggest waste of ka-ka and the most accidentally unfair organization around. By plenty of design flaws, the code will keep the poor and needy...poor and needy. TAx the F out of the rich which by design influences them to seek other ways to keep money(and spend on themselves) instead of spreading money. Scare the middle man of leaving his tax bracket.

Bottom line to me is the country was built on cheap labor. Chinese built your railroads and so forth. We would never be able to afford anything and inflation would make our dollar worthless if we all got paid like unions wanted us to.

Solution...the IRS. No more ID Theft and fake tax ID's. I get nailed every quarter for not reporting new employees. They can't tell me they can't get a system down for making sure that only one SS# is being used. Privacy issues, please. Who rights do they think they have us believing they are really protecting.

As far as closed minded...keep in mind (not to defend ignorance) most people react by how they are directly affected by each scenario, not how we as a country (society) is affected. Most people even the ones with what appears to have closed minds have good points, just their own experiences to base their judgements on. (It's the Devil's Advocate in me).

I have a saying I use quiet a bit with my employees..."I understand why the inner city, dirt poor, black kid robbed the liquor store, still doesn't make it right. The ends justify the means?" Usually a cop-out.

LOL Are we even on topic anymore? LOL

****EDIT****WOW This post is huge. Sorry, it's been sitting on my desk for awhile...just kept typing a little here and there. LOL Sorry for the huge post.****

Last edited by dewmanshu; 05-12-2006 at 09:16 AM.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:23 AM
On The Tree

About paying taxes, oh they do. When they apply for jobs with their fake Social Security cards, etc. those funds taken from each paycheck go into what I believe is called an "earnings suspense file" in the hopes that someday it would figure out whom they belonged to.
Ever hear of putting EXEMPT for taxes or they put down 10 dependants so they do not take anything out. There making tax free money not paying taxes!