THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Parking Suxxx!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 09:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking Suxxx!

Well i went to the parking services office/police station at Auburn University 2 days ago w/Cammin03s brother to get our parking passes for the fall. I go up to the window to ask the overly helpful desk clerk if i can get my pass. She says in a sarcastic *** voice..'you have to order your pass online then go pick it up at the coliseum'....she was being an *** but i went along w/it anyway. So i asked that if i ordered it today, would there be someone at the coliseum right now so i could get it(they set the passes up in the ticket booths which is why I asked.) The dumb bitch then repeats herself word for word again 'you have to order your pass online then go pick it up at the coliseum' while my friend is just standing there laughing at her. We make our way home and order the passes online, then make our way up to the school yesterday. We walk into to the coliseum and i hand her my printout sheet for verification and she then tells me that the computer system has been malfunctioning and that ill have to fill out the forms the old fashion way. So i fill out the form(doenst take that long) and i hand it to her. She punches some stuff in and then says, 'oh yeah, well, it looks like yours did show up in the computer system after all, i guess i should have looked'

I really wasnt mad about all of this, i just got pissed when i saw that i had a regular style parking permit as all of the undergrad students get. Parking is at such a shortage at AU and most campuses it really pisses me off. But i need the exercise anyway so maybe i shouldnt bitch.

This story doesnt have a real point i guess, i just dont have school untill next week so im sitting here bored w/my thumbs in my ***.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:50 AM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That sucks when they give you the runaround like that. Sometimes you meet people who think they are waaaaaaaay more important than they really are, and they want you to know that they can make you do whatever they want.

Do you have parking ***** there too? At ASU I got several parking tickets my first couple years. One that really pissed me off...there was a corner spot in my lot with half a space next to it that had lines painted though it. I figured that since the spaces were barely wide enough for me to get into in the first place, much less try and open my doors, that when I was lucky enough to get this corner spot I could park over the line a little bit to give myself more space. Well...it worked out great for about 2 months, then one day out of nowhere I get a parking ticket for parking outside the stall lines. I think someone was having a bad day. Anyway, I went to appeal it (which sucks now, you can't talk to a person, you have to fill out this form and explain in writing what happened). Got a response a couple weeks later, citation upheld, vehicle cannot park outside stall lines. I even included pics with the appeal to show that I was only about 6" over the line into a space that was completely unusable otherwise. F***ing bastards.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah they can be ******** around here too. The auburn campus police consolidated w/the city of auburn police over a year ago so its all one system now. Now the parking tickets went from like 20 bucks to 50 and they hold up in court since they are city parking tickets. Before they could only hold your grades. Luckily i have never recieved one but everyone else i know has not been so lucky.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:19 AM
Hello Dave

UC Davis was real bad about parking related stuff. It was a huge money generator for them. Parking pass for a single quarter would cost $135 when I was there, and you were only "guaranteed" a spot within a 1/2mile from campus if you got there before 8 in the morning.

They had a few parking meters too, but to further increase revenues, the meters had a max limit of 45 minutes while the shortest classes were 50 minutes each. And you can bet your *** that 5 minutes before class ends, the meter maids would be out in full force handing out $30 parking tickets.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey thunder, i just realized you said you went to asu. One of my professors in my landscape architecture masters program just started teaching there this fall. Isnt ASU in Tempe? I vistied arizona about 8 years ago and i cant remember everything i visited.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:39 AM
High on diesel fumes

Yep, Tempe. It's changed a lot in the last couple of years, they are making in nicer but it's still Tempe. Although....I would go and visit campus during the spring and summer just for the scenery anytime

They built Tempe Town Lake in the Salt River bed, building several new buildings around campus, etc etc should be nice when it's all done. Maybe they can move out of that building that had the top floor condemned.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I hate parking at the University!!!!!!!! I hate it !!!!!!!!! Did I just mention I hate it. ****** meeter maids (however you spell it) you spend so much money on a freakin permit and when you get a class at about 10 and after you cant freakin find anything. How much do yall pay for the permits. I had to dish out 450 a year for a garage and 250 for regular parking outside.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

we are fortunate here at auburn, they are only $20 bucks for a year. Parking is shitty here but its like that everywhere, im not sure why it is so cheap compared to other universities but im not complaining either.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:04 PM
Launching!

Trust me it could be worse...when I was at USM they made a habit of selling more decals per zone than they had parking spaces. Pretty shady stuff.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:30 PM
High on diesel fumes

Originally Posted by desTRUCKtive
I hate parking at the University!!!!!!!! I hate it !!!!!!!!! Did I just mention I hate it. ****** meeter maids (however you spell it) you spend so much money on a freakin permit and when you get a class at about 10 and after you cant freakin find anything. How much do yall pay for the permits. I had to dish out 450 a year for a garage and 250 for regular parking outside.

Holy **** dude...I thought ASU was expensive, $260 for the garage, only like $75 or so for lot 59, but you have to walk forever.

Quick Reply: Parking Suxxx!