THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Parking Suxxx!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 02:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BeefTip
we are fortunate here at auburn, they are only $20 bucks for a year. Parking is shitty here but its like that everywhere, im not sure why it is so cheap compared to other universities but im not complaining either.
Same here guys from UNM and parking is pretty much the same except are passes are 75 bucks for the year and if and when you get a parking citation its about 15 dollars. Having to park about 3 miles from campus sucks and is even worse taking a freakin shuttle to campus.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

It seems like it is quicker for me to walk to my classes once i park than to wait for one of the buses to make its way around and pick me up. Then I would have to switch buses again. Oh well, i guess things could be worse.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

When I was attending McNeese, they had a thing for ticking custom vehicles. If you had a plain jane vehicle, they wouldn't be as fast to give you a ticket. When I had my slightly customized truck, I was always getting tickets. One time, I parked in a corner spot where the concrete was busted in a corner, with grass growing through the cracks... You guessed it. I got a ticket for "parking on the grass"! Once I traded the truck in on a plain looking car, I didn't get any more tickets.

Another bull **** issue I had was, I received a ticket and a boot. I was like WFT!!! When I went to pay the ticket, they said the balance was like 4 times what I was expecting. I asked why was it so expensive. She said I had 4 unpaid tickets. I told her, "no I don't, I've only received one". It was only the 2nd or 3rd week of the semester. After some useless bitching, I paid the ticket so I could get the boot off and go to work. It took them 3 hours and several phone calls for them to put down the doughnut and remove it! I was about 1 1/2 hours late for work.

I'm glad I don't have to deal with that anymore... For now...
Old 08-10-2005, 07:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Wow sucks for you guys. A parking pass is $140 for me and a ticket is $15. I just take the ticket a few times and still be a head of the game.