THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Parking tickets in your own yard.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 03:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking tickets in your own yard.

This is an interesting video on youtube about several residents in toledo. Looks to be like smaller not so rich neighborhood. A "public servant" is apparently writing tickets for an ordinance about having to park on pavement. This is just pointless and a mockery of interpretation of the law IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkSuyAoPjwk
Old 06-19-2009, 05:05 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that mayor is an idiot and i'm glad the city councilman took the tickets back.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That mayor is a douche bag for sure how someone like that would be elected I have no idea. On the other hand I used to be a code enforcement officer and we had laws like that it was called parking on a unapproved surface. But house's not build with concrete drive ways were exempt.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that mayor was a d bag for sure.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:23 PM
TECH Resident

That mayor needs one good punch to the nose.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I guess it was really pissing the people off when he kept ignoring the reporters questions too.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well I got a ticket for parking in my front yard....I have a disabiltiy and when i have been driving for a while or been on my feet i have a hard time walking...So on a SUNDAY i parked in my front yard for no more than 20 minutes to unload my truck and a city employee saw it and i got a ticket in the mail..it was $300..I managed to talk it down to $200..cheaper to sell drugs than park in your yard according to the fines..

On top of that the lady i was dealing with treated me like some teenage hoodlum gangster..I was 31 with an engineering degree...bitch is all she was...Kept telling me it was a fire hazard but yet i could park in the grass on the side of my house or the back yard???? I guess that grass doesn't catch fire...

I know why they have laws like that but IMO it should be for yard orniments that are broke down or on blocks.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by brobradh77
well I got a ticket for parking in my front yard....I have a disabiltiy and when i have been driving for a while or been on my feet i have a hard time walking...So on a SUNDAY i parked in my front yard for no more than 20 minutes to unload my truck and a city employee saw it and i got a ticket in the mail..it was $300..I managed to talk it down to $200..cheaper to sell drugs than park in your yard according to the fines..

On top of that the lady i was dealing with treated me like some teenage hoodlum gangster..I was 31 with an engineering degree...bitch is all she was...Kept telling me it was a fire hazard but yet i could park in the grass on the side of my house or the back yard???? I guess that grass doesn't catch fire...

I know why they have laws like that but IMO it should be for yard orniments that are broke down or on blocks.
I'd move that is not right at all. Where do you live? Beverly Hills
Old 06-19-2009, 09:53 PM
Where's the Beef?

yea. the entire point of that law is for the broken down cars and because some people will drive on the yard to the point where there is no grass and the city officials think it's their right to make sure you have a nice yard.
Just a bunch of power hungry idiots IMO. you should be able to do whatever you want in your yard as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.
I can see them wanting every ones yards to look nice but damn, not everyone can afford to keep up to their standards.

I really doubt that mayor gets re-elected after seeing how he was OBVIOUSLY trying to avoid the question and believes that everyone should have to pave their driveways.
The fact that all of those people had ROCK driveways should have been enough, it was nicely laid out with what they could afford.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zeake
I'd move that is not right at all. Where do you live? Beverly Hills
Nah..just Texas, and thats what was bad is I bought a new house and moved the next week....I live in a real nice neighborhood now and the BS from city officials from living in a not so nice area goes away..Although I now have a garage and do not need to park in the grass now.

Quick Reply: Parking tickets in your own yard.