THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Parking tickets in your own yard.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 10:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brobradh77
Nah..just Texas, and thats what was bad is I bought a new house and moved the next week....I live in a real nice neighborhood now and the BS from city officials from living in a not so nice area goes away..Although I now have a garage and do not need to park in the grass now.

I can't handle stupid city crap like that.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:28 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are similar laws here in New Jersey...if a vehicle is in your driveway, it must be registered. Stupid law IMO.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your trying to sell your house, do you want the house next door to have cars in the yard and a mud lawn?
I'm not saying it's right but I can see why there would be laws like that. Your homes value is partially based on the surrounding ones.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you are buying a house, do you want to buy one that will get you a ticket for parking on a gravel driveway?
Old 06-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Where's the Beef?

Originally Posted by Wallywall
If your trying to sell your house, do you want the house next door to have cars in the yard and a mud lawn?
I'm not saying it's right but I can see why there would be laws like that. Your homes value is partially based on the surrounding ones.
No one is talking about driving on the lawn to the point where it's mud and has broken down cars in the yard.
That everyone agree's on. The point to this is they had a designated Gravel driveway and parked on it NOT the yard.
The city worker and they mayor are dumbasses that apparently don't know the difference.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by viciousknid
No one is talking about driving on the lawn to the point where it's mud and has broken down cars in the yard.
That everyone agree's on. The point to this is they had a designated Gravel driveway and parked on it NOT the yard.
The city worker and they mayor are dumbasses that apparently don't know the difference.
yeah thats basically the law hear is that it has to be a paved/concrete surface...and not gravel
Old 06-20-2009, 06:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by viciousknid
I do agree with that.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:47 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

I believe gravel is a form of pavement. I live in a condo complex and we actually have some guest parking that is paved with fine lime stone. I would not consider our area to be a lower income area because our taxes are pretty high for what we have. If it's considered pavement here then I would think it would be fine in most all area's. I think some village ordinance's are just plain stupid. I know there are two sides to every story but in the video above it is just plain BS. Vince
Old 06-21-2009, 02:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by budhayes3
There are similar laws here in New Jersey...if a vehicle is in your driveway, it must be registered. Stupid law IMO.
They sure do have those laws and I found out last year. From October to April you are not allowed to park on the street for snow removal. My house has a driveway big enough for one car, and a one car garage. We had some major work going on at the house, you know, increasing my property value, and the garage was not able to be parked in, so I had to park my truck on my lawn next to my driveway from 6PM to 6AM and on weekends.

I got a letter from my town saying that I had violated an ordiance and would be fined $500 and/or put in jail for 90 days if I did not stop parking on my lawn within five days. They even included a copy of the ordinance, which only mentioned unregistered, immobile, broken down, or disassembled vehicles not being able to be stored on property. So I called the town, explained the situation with the constrution which I had pulled permits for if they wished to check, and pointed these facts out to them and they told me I was wrong, even though I had it in black and white from them. They told me I could come down and pull a permit to have my driveway widened. Instead, I am parking in an unfinished garage.

Meanwhile, my neighbor who is trying to sell his house, has two vehicles parked in his driveway that haven't moved and are filled with **** for over a year, but they are perfectly legal because he keeps the plates on them.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:08 AM
Teching In

This isn't the worst thing that Carty has ever done for the city. He publicly called out a business owner for a fist fight, screaming matches with residents. The dumbest was at one point in time many people were reporting noise complaints from the airport, his suggestion was to move the deaf residents into the neighborhoods surrounding the airport. As much dumb stuff he does as mayor he honestly loves the city.

Quick Reply: Parking tickets in your own yard.