THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

people don't understad wy I mod my truck!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 07:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no one will totally understand our passion, until they see tail lights........and a tail gate. weither it be a v6/ 4.8/ 5.3/ 6.0 ect ect you can make it fast (had a buddy with a 325 hp v6 silvy)

there is haters out there,
there is ricers out there,
there is always "why not a car" guy out there

i say screw you... hook 4000lbs to that civic or that cobra and lets see if it can keep up! (might be a lil over in weight difference but u get my point.)
Old 03-03-2009, 07:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

I like to view from both sides of the fence.....in their defense, I will use my own personal experience with it. I've dumped my fair share of money into my truck over the last 10 years, and its given me a ton of sports car kills/truck kills/etc. It's run a mid 11 best so far, and it took me an engine swap, nitrous, countless transmissions and converters, and slicks. On the other side, my Camaro has run bottom 12s on bald street tires with just nitrous. That car is very capable of going into the 11s with a set of drag radials.
Now, it is hard for me to comprehend that my car is almost as fast as my truck is for a 1/4 of the money and 1/100 of the time invested? ABSOLUTELY...........is the camaro as fun to drive and race? No
But, lets just say, theoretically, I would have gotten the camaro instead of the truck back in 1999.................all that time and money invested into the camaro would easily have that thing in the 9s or 10s(given the interior actually held up for 10 years). Now that too would be fun to own today as well.

It goes both ways........Yes, cars can be made to go faster with less money. I enjoy the looks on people's faces ALOT more when they get beat by a truck over the same ole everyday fbody or mustang.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

**** i seen some vids of those big rigs hauling a$$. turbo's spoolings black smoke everywhere.. now if a big rig like that can get up and go i dont see why our heavy trucks cant.. my truck isnt fast but its pretty lol.. had a guy tell me i needed the chrome handles on my truck and the port holes.. i laughed so hard. i farted! haters are everywhere.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

yup theres a guy at work that is completely old school, and asked me why the hell do you race a truck? he has a gutted out 88mustang, with cage and the whole 9yds, he runs 13.0n/a and 11.9 on the juice..... so I tell him, as far as i know my truck weight about 2000lbs more that your RACE CAR and is faster than yours! lol... he gets pissed, so i enjoy messing with him about it...
Old 03-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Staging Lane

Its a truck thing! You wouldn't understand is my usual quote to the car guys. They just don't get modding the heck out of something that's capable of trailering their ride.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

heck 90% of the people around here have no clue what the sound of a open waste gate is....

Its just a dented work truck....
Old 03-03-2009, 06:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

when the ricer's ask me what I have done to my truck and why do I mod a 4WD truck....I simply say "it's not modd'ed, your just really really slow"
Old 03-03-2009, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

there were this time I wenth to te track with some friend there were 4 truck in the group, it was like the street races kinda thing I din't know nobody and there were this ricer kids in a Mitsubishi lancer rally art talkin **** about the 4 trucks saying how he can beet them and **** so we toll him lets go to the highway and street race we toll them to pick a truck out of the 4 truck,They said no.After all of the **** talking for that. I remember right nobody wanted to play with us we ended up racing each otter stupid ricer.They(ricer) underestimate truck here in pr
Old 03-09-2009, 02:34 PM
On The Tree

there's just something women like about a pickup man. lol.

my friend's trying to make me sell my truck for a 3rd gen camaro. "you can put it into the 11's for 3 grand". ok, can you take yer camaro hunting? how does it handle in the mud? why not have a moderatly fast truck on 35" boggers?

not many people around here build cars. there's a nice 3000gt, three stangs, and two gto's. other than that it's all trucks, mostly diesels though. all my friends have trucks or jeeps except the one with the camaro.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:14 PM
TECH Resident

I get crap talked to me all the time by my coworker who has a gto. "why don't you spend money and get more light weight parts get a carbon fiber hood" I told him my trucks lighter then his car but he denies it LOL. Then everytime I tell him to race me he says he'll never lose to a truck... But never races??? Ignorance

Quick Reply: people don't understad wy I mod my truck!