THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Pinks! TV Show- Import vs Domestic

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 03:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got digital cable for 1 night just to see that show, it was the one with two old cameros one white and one orange. The guy in white sand bagged the entire time. As soon as I saw the jackass waving his arms around I thought what the hell is he thinking?

The next night the digital cable box went back **** that show
Old 03-16-2006, 04:42 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ranwalk
I saw it, they kept talking about representing Imports??? How is it representing anything when you cant run heads up with the other guy. If you get spotted 20 lengths and win, what have you accomplished??? Absolutely NOTHING!!!!!!!!
The best pinks if there was one was the Fur covered VEGA!, That ruled. HEADS UP or go home. F the jap scrap!
Old 03-16-2006, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by '01 Bolt
That has got to be the stupidest show ever.... The host is a moron.. Did anybody see the one on before the Domestic- Rice Showdown?? vette vs. nova.. now that was some racing.. the vette was bad ***.
I actually think 'Pinks' is one of the best car TV shows today. As a car guy, I find it very entertaining to watch. What's wrong with the host? He makes it fair for both sides, which is important for negotiating bracket races. As for the Civic vs. Firebird episode, I didn't like that match up because the competitors were so unequal. 20 car lengths is ridiculous to ask for. That's not even racing. I'm glad the 'bird won though.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:26 PM
TECH Resident

i loved to see that lil honda getting tore apart, it just goes to show that they suck, all the way, that was a "built" ricer and they still cant hang with the real cars
Old 03-16-2006, 06:51 PM
TECH Addict

Man I missed all those shows. The only time I saw it was when they had 2 crappy bikes racing
Old 03-16-2006, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wouldn't give anyone car lengths and I would never take any. In my opinion if you can't hang heads up you lose, end of story.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:00 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GOT .....................Period. Who in the hell asks for 20 cars? That is quiet possibly the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard for a race negotiation. Another thing, why run the first 2 runs on radials when you had slicks in your trailer all along? The T/A had his **** together, the car hooked good and went straight, and even with an injured transmission, he still layeth the smacketh downeth on the poor little ricers candy ***.....It was great.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:25 PM
Sexy Party Mod

Heads up. Go big or go home! Thats all i must say.......
Old 03-17-2006, 09:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

I think the host knows as much about racing as my girlfriend. For those that don't know, that's a pretty bad insult. I've hated him ever since he whined so much about Tony and the guy in the ls1 TA "street racing" and "nitrous bullshit". So, what is it exactly....

1. They call each other out in an attempt to win the other car(leaning more towards street racing stakes)

2. They meet up at the track and negotiate for lengths,etc(more like track racing)

3. They line up and go off of a flagman instead of using the lights that are right there(street racing)

4. You can't preload suspension or even attempt to cut a decent tree, because he will say you jumped( )

When you go off of the light, there is no second guessing if someone jumped,etc.......plus we could finally get that guy off of the screen so I don't have to see his stupid starting technique anymore. One day he's going to act hard with somebody like he normally does, and they are going to smooth KO his ***.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:13 AM
On The Tree

From the owner of the TA! on http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=437572

You can see a dyno sheet and some track times from right after the show here
http://www.carolinaautomasters.com/
their is a link on the left that says pinks and has a story and look in the high horsepower club for a dyno sheet. My car was seriously detuned for this show i was pulling lots of timing a very small air filter and i had my 2 step at 2300 i usually launch at 4200. I took the car down the track after I won it. That car was no joke the guy just couldn't drive. I barked the tires in every gear that thing shifted well and I'm sure i ran a better time than him my first time in the car
My car has run 9.40s at 146 with a bad launch I have made a few more changes since the show and expect high 8s this year. The reason my car was missing was I was pulling a bunch of timing the first two races I had a switch in the car to put timing back in but second was gone and it wasn't gonna help everything was going exactly how i planned untill I lost second then I needed the bottle because I have a very low first and 3 is 1to1 it just won't go in third at that low rpm but it did with Juice to give you an idea how fast that was I had a tune in the car to run about 10.7 for the first two the last race was a low ten or high nine in the low 140s. The only reason i wasn't freaking out is I had a great crew and my job was to srive i didn't have to touch the car if i would have had to work on it I would have been a complete wreck. The final numbers on the civic 658whp a legit low ten high nine car with a driver the car weighed in at 2100#s
Oh he didn't buy it back for a hundred that is bs they have been spreading a bunch of lies the only reason i sold it back was his dad told him he would buy him a ZO6 and I didn't want that idoit in a real car so I sold him back his toy

Quick Reply: Pinks! TV Show- Import vs Domestic