THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Problem With Cops. Everyone inside, LEOs too please.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 12:14 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They will asks questions like "Where are you headed" and then try to have you verify that with another question just to see if you are hesitant. If you are hesitant and your answers don't flow together then that usually means you are lying and doing something illegal.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand they are trying to feel me out by asking those questions. But when I say I'm going to the hospital to be with my Grandma and family, and he asks "Why?". Phuk him. It's none of his business why. If he was truly curious then he could ask in a way as not to question what I'm doing. It's called tact. The way he said it came off as he thought I was lying to him. Where I'm going and what I'm doing isn't his business in the first place. If he truly questioned me then he could have followed me the 2 more blocks to the hospital and verified at the front desk that my Grandma was there.

Funny story for yall to enjoy.
A buddy of mine lives I. A small town north of Little Rock. He had been hooking up with this woman for a while when he found out her husband happened to be this a$$hole cop that harassed everyone in town for no reason. My buddy was goin down the road on his GSXR and passed their house. The cop was outside in his car and pulled out and stopped my buddy. He started harassing him about his bike not having blinkers. The bike had just been painted so they hadn't put them back on yet. The cop was a dick about all of it and finally wrote the ticket. On the court date my buddy showed up and verified with another officer that it had been fixed and explained everything. The judge called him up and the other cop told the judge it had been fixed and they threw out the ticket.

As my buddy is walking out the a$$hole cop stopped him and said "Watch your a$$. If I so much as catch you doing one mph over the limit by my house I'll bust you down so hard your head will spin." My buddies reply: "Dont worry a$$hole, when I'm near your house I usually stop by, your wifes pu$$y is to sweet to pass up." And he walked out.

Moral of this story? When you spend your life being an *** to everyone, including your family and wife, in the end it hurts you more than them.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^^ lmao.. i would have said the same. lol... screw a disrespecting cop.. nuff said.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:57 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I totally agree on the situation at hand. I was just pointing that out for others that throw fits for no reason.

Check this out.. Here's a good cop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iykTi...10&feature=sub
Old 03-31-2010, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

ws6ls1 i couldent agree more with you on this, funny *** story 3 posts up lmfao! i get stoped alot in my silverado it has limo on the windows and 20% on the whole front windsheild also i got my conceal carry permit when i turned 21 and from what the past 2 cops have seed is that when ever a cop runs my plate it shows up on there computer that i carry a concealed weapon and so they seem to like to stop me when i read that and see my dark *** windows. i have been pulled over around 5 times for tint only 1 of that i got a ticket for. wish there was some way i could get away with keeping the tint on and being leagel. some one told me that if you have a doctors note saying you need dark windows for some skin problem that you can get away with it.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

You can have a doctors note stating that on extended trips the light coming in the vehicle causes you migraines. Some folks actually have a reaction to the way light is projected through UV glass which is used in all cars and trucks. Its something about sensitivity in their eyes.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ws6ls1 - I normally avoid these threads because it's usually pretty obvious that trying to be the voice of reason would be an exercise in futility. However you seem like a reasonable guy so heres my point of view as a Texas LEO. I'm not planning on responding to each and every point, I'm just going to throw some random thoughts on the subject out there.

The fact that you're not committing more serious crimes doesn't make your window tint legal. It's also no defense that people are committing more serious offenses, you're the one he caught. Also, it's not harassment to stop you if there is a violation. Of course that doesn't make it ok for him to be a jerk. Law enforcement is like any other line of work, some people are jerks and some aren't.

You don't pay a police officers salary. You pay taxes, the city/county he works for pays his salary. I pay taxes too, so I consider myself to be self employed.

As far as the theft of your buddies wheels, property crimes are a lower priority than a disturbance or other in progress calls. It isn't that they did not want to respond, it's more likely they didn't have someone available. If there's a call for service we have to go, there's no choice in the matter. If there are no officers in service to take a call for service it has to wait. I've had stuff stolen and I really do understand it's infuriating but if there's no one to take the call there's no one to take the call. Being honest and hard working makes no difference. When calls are received they are assigned a priority based on several factors, a disturbance/burglary in progress/assault in progress is a higher priority than a crime that already occured and cannot be stopped.

When it comes to traffic stops, use common sense. The only reason you would only crack your window instead of rolling it down is to be an ***. An officer can't just reach into your car and start messing with stuff so I really don't see a need to "limit his access" by just cracking the window. Cracking the window will make it hard for you to hear the cop and hard for the cop to hear you. If you don't want to roll it down all the way at least have the courtesy to roll it down halfway so you don't have to yell to communicate. As far as searches go, no is the magic word. An officer shouldn't be asking to search your vehicle unless he/she has probably cause anyway but in the event he/she does you can say no. Asking if you're being detained doesn't force an officer to do anything or make a difference whatsoever. When the traffic stop is initiated you're being detained. It's as simple as that. Again, I'm not saying it's ok for a cop to be a jerk and I'm not saying you should submit to searches because you have nothing to hide.

Not all cops are ********. I'm as nice as people will let me be and I try my hardest not to allow someone being a complete *** to change the way I treat the next person I come in contact with. It's really annoying and unfair the way people generalize about law enforcement because of one or two bad apples.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:34 AM

Exclamation Window Tint limits

Here is an advice,to avoid the ticket, make it a point to always check the current tint law in your state. You may get it free at http://www.TintBuyer.com. They also gives information about tints like its types, quotations and help locate the best window tinters near your area.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Frito I understand all of your points. The reason I say he was harassing me isn't because he stopped me for illegal tint. It's because he kept throwing threats out about impounding my truck do to illegal mods but couldn't tell me what was illegal besides the tint.

I also understand about the priority of calls when you call 911. And if I lived in Dallas I wouldn't expect a squad car to come barreling in my buddies driveway when we call about stolen wheels. But the town we were in at the time has a population of less than 2000 people and late at night like when we called they keep 3 cops on duty. It's not like it's a crime-ridden town either. Between Bauxite (where we were when my buddies wheels were stolen), Benton (where the asshat harassed me for my tint), and Bryant you be lucky to have 15,000 people. Bryant is by far the biggest with Benton and Bauxite being a good bit smaller. Benton is still a little bigger than Bauxite though.

I understand that my tint was illegal and that I got caught. No big deal there. But when you escalate the situation from a simple violation due to tint and start threatening to impound my vehicle but can't tell me why, it pisses me off. I understand that me being an honest citizen and not commuting any major crimes doesn't change the fact that my tint is illegal. But I was more than compliant and always am with police just so they don't have any reason to nitpick me. Every other time I've been stopped by a reasonable cop I've found that if you're polite, go out of your way to be compliant and don't do any bs to make the officer uncomfortable, they will usually cut you a break.

If I'm going to be ticketed for an offense that's fine. After all I'm breaking the law, but don't harass me to the point that you make it sound like i've been out shooting people and selling crack to your kids.

I understand that not all cops are ******** but when you only deal with cops a few times a year, whether it be them stopping you or you calling them, and the ones you deal with are ********, it does give all the others a bad rep. I also understand that driving a modified vehicle is the same way. A few ******** with modified vehicles can ruin the reputation for others.