THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

problem with something i ordered...opinions wanted

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with something i ordered...opinions wanted

Ok so here's the story. I purchased a transgo hd2 kit and sonnax forward accumulator piston from oregon performance transmission, im sure most of you guys know/heard their name. Got my order friday morning and opened it up. Inside was a vette servo and the accumulator piston and on the invoice the order number was 3 numbers previous to my order number, plus the name on the order was "pedro". So im guessing someone got the order messed up as the box had my shipping information. So i called them immediately and of course nobody there answers the phone so you have to leave a message (i hate businesses like that) but i left a message telling them and my phone number. No call that day so i say ok ill give them to monday even though they should check their messages regularly. No call at all today either. I even called back and left another message to emphasize my problem. I even sent an email this afternoon about the issue and no response yet.

whats the best way to deal with this? Send the package back and put a note saying i want my correct order? BUT that means i have to pay shipping to do that and why should i have to cover that expense on their mishap, cause i got free shipping on the order. Pretty pathetic they can't get back to me with such a problem within a reasonable manner. any ideas?
Old 04-05-2010, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

you really can't do anything other than wait. if they don't call, find a friend who lives in that area and have him pay the place a visit.
that or you could get the local PD involved if they don't respond within 7-10 business days...
Old 04-06-2010, 04:42 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oregon perf. customer service sucks.

Can never get ahold of them and they dont return calls. F them.

I ordered a vette servo and atsg 4L60E manual from them. Instead of shipping in one package, i had to pay two s/h fees. Thats complete BS even after i asked them to ship together and they emailed me saying they would.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A year or so ago they sent me the wrong Transgo kit. I remember it being a painless experience. E-mailed them, within a day they had shipped me the right kit, inside it was a paid shipper to return the other.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KySilverado
A year or so ago they sent me the wrong Transgo kit. I remember it being a painless experience. E-mailed them, within a day they had shipped me the right kit, inside it was a paid shipper to return the other.
ahhh i wish they would answer me that quick! If they don't answer today im not sure what im going to do
Old 04-06-2010, 07:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TIM Z
Oregon perf. customer service sucks.

Can never get ahold of them and they dont return calls. F them.

I ordered a vette servo and atsg 4L60E manual from them. Instead of shipping in one package, i had to pay two s/h fees. Thats complete BS even after i asked them to ship together and they emailed me saying they would.
yeah im having the same luck with them so far
Old 04-06-2010, 01:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeteys5.3
...of course nobody there answers the phone so you have to leave a message (i hate businesses like that) but i left a message telling them and my phone number. No call that day so i say ok ill give them to monday even though they should check their messages regularly. No call at all today either. I even called back and left another message to emphasize my problem. I even sent an email this afternoon about the issue and no response yet.

whats the best way to deal with this? Send the package back and put a note saying i want my correct order? BUT that means i have to pay shipping to do that and why should i have to cover that expense on their mishap, cause i got free shipping on the order. Pretty pathetic they can't get back to me with such a problem within a reasonable manner. any ideas?
A few things. When I call someone who I've never dealt w/. & I'm forced to leave a mssg, I hate that. I prefer a live person, but it's not always possible. If they don't call back in what I feel is a timely manner, I don't do business w/. them. If they're the only game in town, that markets a particular product, I might, might, call back. I usu. look for another option. So, thery lose a potential customer. Their callback timeframe will be shortened if:

1) I need right away.
2) It's answering a simple question or 2.
3) I know exactly what I want, & the higher the cost, it will more than likely really be shortened callback timeframe.

If it involves quite a few questions, & I feel they are "the guys", I flex some.

But, you've already done biz. So, it's not as easy. Then, since they have my $, I get
I try diplomacy 1st. That usu. is all I've ever needed. If I have to go further, I'd try this. Ask them if you'd like for u to contact BBB?

Do not send pkg. back. You'll prolly get burned if ya do.
They might say, oh, we didn't get it. Don't do it. Wait for them.

Somewhere in there, consider a stop pymt / or whatever w/. your credit card co. That might hurt your wallet, cause they'll charge you. If they charge $20 to get back your $100 or whatever, well...it's the principle of the the thing.

KySilverado, had a paid shipper to return the other. That's what u want too. Why should u pay shipping? It wasn't your mistake.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

well i'll wait until the end of today to hear back from them. Then not sure how i should go about it
Old 04-06-2010, 01:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like I said, it's always harder when they have your $. Plus, who knows where your actual order is. There, at FLT or CircleD maybe? Sorry to hear of this, hope it works out.
Let us know how it was resolved on this thread.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Like I said, it's always harder when they have your $. Plus, who knows where your actual order is. There, at FLT or CircleD maybe? Sorry to hear of this, hope it works out.
Let us know how it was resolved on this thread.
no its probably at "pedro's" house. Since the order i got was not mine and for "pedro" who lives in AZ. But i didn't order a vette servo and forward accumulator piston. I ordered a transgo HD2 and sonnax forward accumulator piston

Quick Reply: problem with something i ordered...opinions wanted