THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Racing Citation ... WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 02:14 PM
Self proclaimed VILLAGE IDIOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racing Citation ... WTF?

So, a buddy of mine were driving around last night and I had my exhaust off for the helluvit. Getting onto the highway driving back to my house (~10 miles) I nail it on the on-ramp for a second because I enjoy having a loud truck. So, I get onto the highway and drop down to the speed limit and this Hyundai Tiburon gets up next to me so I drop it down into second gear just to f**k with the guy. He's already going ~85 mph in a 65 and accelerates a little bit. I'm probably going 80. So, after maybe 30 seconds, I look in the rearview to see flashing blue lights and the officer on the PA yelling, "Pull over!".

I'm 16 years old and I've had my license for 3 months (believe me, I realize how bad that sounds), but I'm not this f**king stupid to race some guy in traffic when my truck's loud as ****.

We pull over, about 1000 yards before the next exit; I turn the interior lights on, hazards, shut the truck off, rolled down the window and hung my hands out. The officer comes and gets our licenses and then comes back to my truck roughly 2 minutes later, tells me to turn it off (already was) and get out. I get out and he walks me to the back, searches me, cuffs me, and then tells me I'm under arrest, throws down my tailgate and tells me to sit down and gets my mom's phone number so he can call her.

So, second cop pulls up, and first cop comes back, uncuffs me, and tells me to follow him to his precinct, at the next exit. I walk back to my truck, I get on the gas a little bit to match traffic just to show him how loud my truck is and lead the 2 cops and the Hyundai to the precinct.

So, cop walks me into the precinct and tells me to call my mom, so I do. Nothing much happened for the next 20 minutes other than when the officer offered me and my buddy a cookie.

My mom shows up, the officer explains to her what he saw happen: "I was on my way to work and I see this truck come down the on-ramp at a good rate of speed, so I get behind him and turn on the video just to see how fast he's going to go. This other guy, that's no stranger to us, pulled up next to him and the next thing I know, both of them are driving away from me. They were probably going at least 90-95 mph."

Is there any way I can fight this, the cop wrote me a citation for "Racing", nothing else. As I'm going through the Georgia laws 24 mph is 4 points and racing is a definate suspension with possible hardship license.

Spark notes:

-Unbolted exhaust.
-Little too fast getting on the highway.
-Cop pulled up behind me (didn't see him).
-Dropped to 2nd to f**k with a Hyundai.
-Hyundai accelerates a bit.
-30 seconds later we both get pulled over for "Racing".
-Good chance of me getting my license suspended.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:26 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They got you on video, it gonna be hard to convince a judge. I would try to talk to the prosecutor and plea it down to a lesser charge.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:28 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The video will tell all.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:34 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

'd
Old 12-20-2007, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

It depends on what county... I was going to lose mine but I pleaded with the judge that I would do comuntiy service or whatever to keep it and she made me watch this video on DUIs and teen driving and take a test on it and if I passed I could keep my liscense.

I passed it, was easier than hell. and they didn't even put the ticket on my record.

What county was it in?? Mine was Fulton, county (or Atlanta)

GA cops are pretty hard on racing though mine was just speeding.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Self proclaimed VILLAGE IDIOT

I left out some pretty important details because I had to shower before I go to work.

-We were travelling uphill, I was in second gear, at 5400 RPM, with no exhaust. So, although it may sound like I was racing the guy, I wasn't. I'll drive up there today and get a picture or video of where it happened.
-Cop had no definate speed, only the speed he was going to catch up (which he did easily).

@ Joshua022: It was Forsyth. I think I'm f'ed.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Best bet is to get a lawyer and see what they can do, probably can get it down to a lesser charge and a big fine or something.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Iwould go ahead and take or atleast sign up for a defensive driving class to show some initiative, and that you are responsible and trying to learn from your mistake.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Staging Lane

Sucks for you.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:42 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Another reason I LOVE stock exhaust these days.

Quick Reply: Racing Citation ... WTF?