THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Reason #341 why i hate Whipple

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 11:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Reason #341 why i hate Whipple

lol, Why in the name of all that is holy would they replace the stock crank bolt with one that requires a 13mm hex bit to remove/install it? Do you think any local mechanic has such a tool? Of course not. Once I get this bolt off I'd like to replace it with one with a conventional head. Does anyone know the specs on the bolt? This is on the older 2 pulley setup.

You may say, "just call whipple". That's just funny. I tried 3 times so far. Getting past the chick who answers the phone is impossible.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:55 PM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Just seen your time man, that is awesome. You must be making some serious power with that whipple.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:57 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

give me a call, I will sell you a crank pin kit that includes the new crank bolt........
Old 10-13-2005, 04:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sexually harrass her and then tell her if she doesn't like it she can put her supervisor on the line. If she likes it- cool, if not at least you got past the girl... LOL

That pinning kit form Magnacharger is VERY easy to install and easy to live with later. When I pulled my cam... the pins came out nicely and went back together easily. rotation is not possible.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:26 PM
TECH Addict

Reason #342 is that you're still faster than me...

Of course it is a couple hundred pounds lighter.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Will that pinning kit work with his whipple since its a 2 belt setup? He never said his pulley was spining, although the pinning kit is still a good idea. I just think he needs a hex head bolt with the same dimensions as the whipple 2 belt one. I assume a factory bolt won't work because it has to go through 2 pulleys. I would think a 150mm bolt would be long enough though, which you can get at any decent hardware store. I would still get the pinning kit, and just use a different bolt.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:33 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
Will that pinning kit work with his whipple since its a 2 belt setup? He never said his pulley was spining, although the pinning kit is still a good idea. I just think he needs a hex head bolt with the same dimensions as the whipple 2 belt one. I assume a factory bolt won't work because it has to go through 2 pulleys. I would think a 150mm bolt would be long enough though, which you can get at any decent hardware store. I would still get the pinning kit, and just use a different bolt.
hmmmm good point....it may not.....shows you what I know about flipple.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:54 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Just for fun I e-mailed Whipple with your question. I want to see if thier customer service is as bad as people say. I sent BlownChevy several e-mails, PM's and phone messages with no luck about a Radix issue. We'll see who replies first. Magnuson or Whipple. Magnuson has had a 2 week head start though.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:59 PM
TECH Junkie

So Dan this is reason #983 For why you should have bought a radix
1slow~ I cant believe that you are having trouble with Magnuson cust suport. When ever i needed anything it was like they were calling me b4 i could call them.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:02 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Originally Posted by 8ALTNG
So Dan this is reason #983 For why you should have bought a radix
1slow~ I cant believe that you are having trouble with Magnuson cust suport. When ever i needed anything it was like they were calling me b4 i could call them.
Not so much Magnuson. I'm really just giving Brian crap. I know he's busy but I figured when he reads that it will get him spooled up like a Radix with a 2.00 pulley on it.
P.S. I just got a response from Shonda at Whipple. She needs to know what system I am asking about.....

Quick Reply: Reason #341 why i hate Whipple